New Finding in Veruckt

BlackOpsTiger

I was just playing on Veruckt and and found this so I thought I would post it here. All of the few easter eggs there before were still there and there wasn't much there that was new. However, when I turned my volume up and went right next the the box where the power source is you will hear a familiar voice saying:

"4-8-18-16-43-42 *beep* (and then something rolling or possibly the faint sound of somebody teleporting)"

I'm currently working on finding out what this means. Perhaps these numbers can be decoded in the terminal or something? I haven't had a chance to try it but feel free to. These have to lead to something...

Going to look around the other classic maps soon also.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wait. I just looked up what they mean in lost. Perhaps This relates to Beware of the 6. Here is what Lostpedia says about those numbers:

The Numbers: 4 8 15 16 23 42 are a major recurring theme in Lost. They appear in the Valenzetti Equation and in the lives of several characters. The Numbers, as revealed in The Substitute are related to individual people. Written inside the Cliffside cave, many names appear with numbers beside them. They all are crossed out except for the six Candidates, with 4-John Locke, 8-Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, 15-James "Sawyer" Ford, 16- Sayid Jarrah, 23-Jack Shephard, and 42-Kwon, revealing that the numbers represented the candidates the entire time.

So... Maybe this is telling us that there are 6 candidates. Maybe not Candidates but perhaps Test subjects, at Veruckt or there are 6 very important people. Perhaps Beware of the 6 is pointing to the numbers that represent people. Beware of the 6 people, if only there is a way to know if and who these numbers stand for. Perhaps they are the test subjects #?

:facepalm: NO. as said above, you're looking too deep into it. those numbers haven't been mentioned in any subsequent map. they are just a silly little joke thrown in by some treyarc employee(s).

NO SIGNIFICANCE WHAT SO EVER.

you wanna know what IS a new finding in Verruckt? you know those books written by richtofen we can find all over the campaign and mutliplayer? well in BO verruckt, on the 'German' left side starting room, some of the books on the bookshelf by the Juggernaut machine are now those same books written by Edward, before they were just generic black book textures.

For a start, this may be a new name but im not a new member, i was a member here along time ago but forgot my log in details so please don't flame.

For a Start BOT is right (hey BOT it's Dub Zee)

the numbers in verruckt are

4 8 18 16 43 42

Not the same as the shows "Lost" Numbers which are

4 8 15 16 23 42

NOTE: NOT THE SAME

The numbers are NOT in ascending order, they are NOT the same as the show "Lost". So please stop making the same mistake as every other site out there.

They do mean more than just a simple set of numbers. and to use another saying that you got wrong, the answer is(nt) right infront of you

^ the voice that says the numbers is garbled and easily washes out against the noises made by the generators in the room, no way to tell what the numbers are, 15 and 18 and 23 and 43 sould a lot alike as is, when you can barely hear what that voice is saying, it's just too hard to tell.

THEREFORE, i think we can safely conclude that since they sound SO MUCH LIKE the numbers from lost, that they probably are?

WHY WOULD TREYARCH USE NUMBERS THAT SOUND ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE THOSE FROM A POPULAR TV SHOW, ESPECIALLY WITH SUCH POTENTIAL FOR US CONFUSING THEM WITH THE NUMBERS OF THE SAID TV SHOW? ask yourself that.

the movie 'green hornet' is coming out soon in a future zombie map, would treyarch give significance to the phrase 'clean hornet'? unlikely, since they would be such a high chance of us discounting it as 'green hornet' hence we wouldn't pursue that part of the zombie backstory like they want us to. it's like that.

The numbers arnt garbled, I have gone back, and looked into it and re checked several times now, there is no confusion, the numbers are not the same as lost. I sorry but i played with surround sound with volume up full and could not get the numbers wrong.

however, if someone would be kind enough to find the sound file from map pack 1 and check, would be helpful. however I am 100% sure it has nothing to do with lost

I can't imagine why Treyarch would reference to Lost.

Do they really think the average audience of W@W was an average audience of LOST?

Unlikely.

However, I can't imagine there being a link between W@W and the ascension group!

I can't understand the last sentence. Do you mean there is a link or is there no link?

It is just a reference. A joke. Not everything is serious. :facepalm: . This is the second time you have blown something out of proportion.

play2often......i think your name states everything...do us all a favour....STFU!! thank you :)

It's people like you who ruin forums. He is trying to do something helpful and you're insulting him. Why don't you do us a favor and STFU?

thank you commander. you now has +1 [brains]

and DuBz, let me restate myself. the numbers in verruckt obviously SOUND like the ones from lost; hence so many people including myself have thought that they ARE. if Treyarch staff were doing to go through the work of creating mysteries and codes for us to solve, why use a set of numbers that could so easily be discounted as a pop culture reference?

And just to come out with this, I am a Lost fan. i won't mind if someone states their opinion, but any unecessary criticism will result in the summoning of a smoke monster/shape shifter that will drag you into a Dharma station and bludger you to death on the hard ground. RIP Mr. Echo.

@play2often

I do agree with you to a point, however, these numbers have been in Verruckt Since Map Pack 1 release date, they have always been there. now i know how easy it is for chinese whispers to start, after all, look how every site (including this one) got Crop Circles Quote "Its right in front of us" mistaken and everyone seemed to believe that Treyarch said it as an interview.

The point im making, is most people, probably typed in the numbers into google, and of course the shows "lost" numbers show up in every link for the first few pages, however the numbers are wrong and not the same as as the show "Lost" however i do admit they are similar

Now back to what I originally meant to say but rambled on, Treyarch doesn't go round adding specific things without it meaning something specific to the Nazi Zombie Story line, There is no Copyright on number sequences and if Treyarch wanted to use the Shows Lost numbers im sure they would have done. but they chose a different set of numbers on purpose

now as for the meaning of those numbers, i doubt we will ever know, as The Shows "Lost" numbers are on most search engines, so it probably is something simple like a phone number to ring or something like that, who knows, the fact remains however that Treyarch really kicked off the nazi zombie storyline in Verruckt, and everything is there for a reason

the zombies storyline was just barely starting to be concieved in verruckt. in fact, the majority of verruckt's significance was given after the fact, for example, the radio in ssn and data in the CIA data system tell us LOADS more about verruckt than we actually learned in the map itself.

the only really interesting stuff was the blood writing on the wall that mentioned meteors. that's about it. it's possible treyarch threw in those lost numbers because they didn't know where they would take the story. they obviously went the meteor route.

i have always believed they have had the nazi zombie story from day 1, and always will believe that

Main point, NDU's End theme is Verruckt's Easter Egg Song

Those songs where written by kevin whats hes face to go hand in hand with the Nazi Zombie story line

Treyarchs official intel stats NDU is the second outbreak

Its nots a kind of story you can scribble down on the back of a napkin and have worked out in the space of a month or two, huge amounts of research have clearly gone into the whole NZ saga, which is why we all love it so much.

i believe everything has relevance imo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

However, when I turned my volume up and went right next the the box where the power source is you will hear a familiar voice saying:

"4-8-18-16-43-42 *beep* (and then something rolling or possibly the faint sound of somebody teleporting)"

I want to point out the word TELEPORTING.

Now dunno if someone has said this but maybe the thing in Verruckt, opposite to the power switch, is a some sort of prototype of the teleporter?