Call Of Duty Black Ops Jeep Wrangler?

dfinest1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really being over-hyped, just like MW2.

When Modern Warfare 2 was being promoted, Gamestop gave away a Hummer H2 or something that was MW2 themed. Now Black Ops gets it's own LE Jeep. I just hope Treyarch lives up to their promises (as cliche as it is) and that they don't completely ruin the CoD series as Infinity Ward did.

This is really being over-hyped, just like MW2.

When Modern Warfare 2 was being promoted, Gamestop gave away a Hummer H2 or something that was MW2 themed. Now Black Ops gets it's own LE Jeep. I just hope Treyarch lives up to their promises (as cliche as it is) and that they don't completely ruin the CoD series as Infinity Ward did.

you can "ruin" the series twice..? this game is not going to be anything like mw2. no gay ass spec ops. no commando. no danger close. no one man army. possibly an annoying rc car?

I take it you're an online gamer. Most singleplayers don't care about your filthy little laundry list (though even I can agree about ded. servers). The biggest complaint singleplayer gets (aside from it's Hollywood moments, which ain't even a real complaint, that's just the weak getting burned by how awesome it is) is how short it is, and it's STILL longer than half the games that came before it.

If it's a singleplayer FPS in a linear setpiece unlike Fallout 3, don't bitch when the credits roll within a day or two.

I take it you're an online gamer. Most singleplayers don't care about your filthy little laundry list (though even I can agree about ded. servers). The biggest complaint singleplayer gets (aside from it's Hollywood moments, which ain't even a real complaint, that's just the weak getting burned by how awesome it is) is how short it is, and it's STILL longer than half the games that came before it.

If it's a singleplayer FPS in a linear setpiece unlike Fallout 3, don't bitch when the credits roll within a day or two.

Spammed grenades and a banzai charger running past all of your team is not awesome or epic in SP.

Spammed grenades and a banzai charger running past all of your team is not awesome or epic in SP.

Agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of Soap and Roach making that snowmobile jump, the SPIE rig escape from the gulag, or the way Soap killed Shepherd. WAW had plenty as well, like running out of ammo at the worst possible time in Black Cats and being saved in the nick of time, or when Reznov hacked up the SS trooper and had Dimitri raise the flag with a bullet in his face. Hollywood moments. Not only were you and I not talking about the same game, you're talking about the day-in-the-life problems that affect pretty much every game.

Agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of Soap and Roach making that snowmobile jump, the SPIE rig escape from the gulag, or the way Soap killed Shepherd. WAW had plenty as well, like running out of ammo at the worst possible time in Black Cats and being saved in the nick of time, or when Reznov hacked up the SS trooper and had Dimitri raise the flag with a bullet in his face. Hollywood moments. Not only were you and I not talking about the same game, you're talking about the day-in-the-life problems that affect pretty much every game.

You speaketh the truth, I see. MW2 was more cinematic than most other games in the series like the beginning of S.S.D.D. And the ending which wasn't as "epic" as W@W's but still up there with it.

Even if I had the money to waste, I still would not buy it.

well maybe I would just to annoy my wife, lulz.

on the side topic in this thread, I felt that even though the SP is very linear(scripted or whatever you want to call it), there can be things done to improve on it and make it a better experience. I am not talking about specific details such as how the AI might work, or 'nade spam(spam kills), but more along the line of the overall picture.

We can keep the scripted stories but let's have them changed up a little. At key points, give the player a decision on which way to go in the game, such as you get the choice of picking a mission(re-playability anyone?), alternate endings. It doesn't have to be an open world type deal like fallout or oblivion, but maybe we could have more choices in the SP.

Also, we have difficulty settings: easy, medium, hard, veteran, etc. I will take an idea I saw in diablo. Let's have a hardcore version of SP. Meaning that you get one life, or a limited amount of lives to complete the whole game.

don't get me wrong, I highly enjoy the SP games of all the cod editions. It is just that there have been a couple of times I thought that if there were something extra done to SP, then I might want to play it through more than once.

Since treyarch is devoting enough people to develop a complete game(SP, MP, all of it) to develop just the SP, then I think that the SP will be better all around.

it is not the game, it is how the ten year olds decide to play the game.

not really. dont give people cheap ways to win and games then.. well they cant. the noobtube is put in a cod game by the developers. just because a 10 year old is using doesnt mean he is breaking a game rule. they need to take the cheap things out. or just nerf them to hell like the models.