Dismemberment Confirmed???

Undeadwolfy

I found this... thought I would let the beautiful community of CODZ know about it :D

http://kotaku.com/5636501/japan-censori ... body-parts

In consideration for others I have posted below.

"In The Land of the Rising Sun, there are two versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops. One is subtitled. One is dubbed. Both do not have have blown-off body parts.

The game has been slapped with a CERO Z rating, which is the Japanese equivalent of an Adults Only rating. However, unlike AO, Japanese retailers will carry Z-rated games.

In the wake of the brouhaha over the Japanese release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the game's Japanese publisher (Square Enix) is release two versions of the game. One is subtitled. One is dubbed.

On the game's Japanese site, Square Enix notes that the Japanese rating authorities have been an influencing force, and the Japanese language version (the dubbed version) has been edited in regards to "brutal or grotesque portrayal" of limbs being blown off.

Square Enix points out that there is no difference between the dubbed and the subtitled version of the game."

Dismemberment pretty much unnoficially confirmed?

And I love me gibs :evil:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Treyarch Confirmed No Dismemberment. The Reason is that The PS3 and the Xbox 360 Don't have enough RAM to process The Billion different Customization options AND Limbs flying everywhere, so they went with Customization over Limbs Flying.

There will still be blood, so at least thats something.

@Zieghail

Part of a comment I posted on a different thread below.

I am unaware as to how much RAM MAG for the PS3 uses. (Click this if you dont know what MAG is). What I do know is that MAG has the ability to involve over 256 online players (in one game), including customization of the players and aesthetic damage to scenery. The PS3 has 512MB RAM (256 Video, 256 System). Note: The 360 also has 512MB of RAM but is not split like the PS3.

So in conclusion if the PS3 can support what I mentioned above, (and theoretically the 360 should have no problem supporting MAG) I don't believe that the customization alone in Black Ops takes/will take up enough RAM on both systems to not include gore/dismemberment/gibs.

Just because it will work does not mean it will work great. Very likely that while it does work and look cool and all, probably have a tendency to lag even in their test environment. If it does it there, just thing what will happen with all the people out there who have 2 or 3 bar connections...

my reply is more of a generalization about almost anything.

What I am saying is that just because something works, doesn't mean that it will work great/well/efficient/bugfree/etc.

Take for example, a search algorithm for a database. If you know anything about this, then you will know that while a "bubble" sort will work, it is extremely inefficient. Same principle applies to the next COD game, or really anything for that matter.

While having both gore and customizations in the game will work, this doesn't mean that it will run lag free or issue free.(I'm leaning more towards lag issues)

now combine those memory problems with the average person's fluctuating bandwidth(2 and 3 bar connections) and you have some nice lag.

ok,

now beer me!!!

OK, i see what you mean about the lag and everything. But my only defence is my first point.

MAG can have over 256 online players in the game including customization and minor aesthetic damage to textures like trees, walls etc... the usual stuff...

Lets just say that the PS3 has 256 RAM, (this would be the video/graphics). Surely, SURELY if the PS3 can handle the pressure of all these players interacting at the same time including their customizations, blood, kills, deaths, explosions, the bullets paths and impacts and terrain damage on a HUGE and monumental scale like this, then surely a game like Black Ops can use the RAM on both consoles efficiently to be able to display both dismemberment 2.0 and customization, simultaneously for at max 12 players.

Remember, all those effects i mentioned above, simultaneously need to be sent to all 256 players in the game (MAG). Now i dont know about you but if both dismemberment 2.0 and customization is supposed to lag the game, then all the other functions in MAG must grind the online gameplay to a standstill. This isnt the case...

[EDIT] May i also add to the equation that vehicles are also present in MAG which seriously ramps up the RAM and bandwidth usage.

I can see your points as well. :)

Theoretically, anything should work as designed, but the question is, does it always work as great as we want it to?

I am not entirely sure of all systems that are implemented into the xbox 360, but it sounds like that if the 360 doesn't have it already, then putting it into the 360 would be a major change to the OS/firmware on the xbox console and that doing this change is not something that MicroSoft is ready or willing to do at this time(hardware/software/possible licensing issues?)

it meaning the MAG system you are referring to

If there was anyway possible to include every bell and whistle to make this game that much better for our visual satisfaction, I say go for it,

now beer me!

That Kotaku post is just talking about the campaign. Not MP.

Have you ever seen MAG's graphics?, its comparable to call of duty 2. Im not sure, but the amount of players has nothing to do with storage, it just has to do with the playstations hardware(Memory and Hardware = Different, kinda). Its not like if your playing by yourself the game takes up 20 RAM then if your playing with 2 people it will take up 40 RAM, Then 256 people will be 5080 RAM. It doesn't work like that.