*Full List* Black Ops Confirmed Gamemodes

thegrix

*Yes, there is NO war :(*

These are the confirmed launch date gamemodes that will be on the disc.

-All confirmed by Vahn.

-"Wager Match" gamemodes list is soon to come and will update when it is released.

CORE ->

-Team Deathmatch

-Mercenary Team Deathmatch

-Free-for-all

-Domination

-Ground War

-Demolition

-Sabotage

-Headquarters (No "Pro" on the end...)

-Capture the Flag

-Search and Destroy

-Team Tactical

BAREBONES ->

-Pure (No Perks, Killstreaks, Attachments, Equipment, or Contracts)

-Classic (Killstreaks at 3, 5 and 7)

-Team Tactical (Pure version with mixed bag of objective modes)

HARDCORE ->

-Team Deathmatch

-Search and Destroy

-Free-for-all

*Vahn may still add more gamemode before release

Source: http://callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=273557

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe War isn't included because like in one of the interviews; at least from what I can recall; that said the levels can be changed by how you want it. IE closing doors and windows and such. Making progression towards one direction easier for said team.

Now that I've written that out, that actually sounds like a pretty stupid idea to reason with right now. :3

i always thought they should seperate the categories into tabs for example...

(core) (hardcore) (mercenary) (barebones)(even maybe one for team tactical or whatever else)

ok so those tabs would be at the top going from left to right of the playlist and then when you go into each tab you see going from up to down on the playlist...

-Team Deathmatch

-Mercenary Team Deathmatch

-Free-for-all

-Domination

-Ground War

-Demolition

-Sabotage

-Capture the Flag

-Search and Destroy

-Team Tactical

and each category would be different to go with its certain tab for example...

when you go into the hardcore tab and go to search and destroy it would be search and destroy ricochet automatically and what not....

this would make more games available and people actually get to play what they want to play for example...

there are a lot of people that play S&D by themselves(either their clan isn't on or they just don't like S&D) and would rather play Mercenary S&D so they dont have to play against clans(cuz everyone knows how frustrating it is when your playing S&D with a whole bunch of randoms versus a whole clan which they all know what each person is gonna do)

or some one wants to play barebones s&D with out having to play other tactical games...

there is probably more examples i could of gave you but let me know what you think cuz i think this would help bring back a couple of people that get sick of the game

I think the Current way its set up is fine. Playlists are already Kind of set up into tabs(Core, Hardcore). At least they Are in World at War.

Core
    Hardcore
    BareBones
    Prestige(Maybe)

It also looks like there are no Ricochet modes, Vahn had a Vote on the Headquarters and I'm pretty sure it was something like

Friendly Fire ON - 100

Ricochet/Reflect Damage - 17

I couldn't dissagree more with that Statement, but this isn't the place for that.

Has anyone heard anything Else about the Prestige Playlist? Last I heard about it, is that there might be a Playlist exclusively for Prestiged players. As well as Leaderboards per Prestige.

No, but i think seperate leaderboards per prestige is dumb. Most of the cod players fall into these categories. 1. never stop prestiging until/if 10th (me :P) 2. people will stay at the top level which depends on the cod game (55,65,70 what is BO top level?) 3. prestige once. this would make the leaderboards seperated by prestige pointless. i think it would be a waste of time for people to make it

on topic, im angry WAR is not returning hopefully they will add it in later. Im also happy barebones is.. barebones not IW pussy version with only killstreaks disabled. Pure barebones is free for all right?

War is pretty much a different form of Domination. So depending on size of the map, there are Five Flags throughout the layout of the map; each team holding "two" [if big enough] and one centered flag. The objective is to capture the middle flag and whoever captures this flag progress into their enemies territory. Like the middle flag, you want to dominate the "war" by pushing your enemies backwards into their own area. So the more "flag bases" that you capture the less area your enemies have to move.

But if they capture the flag closest to them, the counter resets and goes back to the middle flag. And so forth. :]