Black Ops General MP Information from Vahn

m12

I can't click on the link, internet nazis make me sad, so I'll take your word for it, at least until i get home later today.

my head still hurts from clicking on that boxxy link

I have always had a thing for hot,goth, energetic girls. Out of 5 GF's 3 were like that ;).

But here Ill copy past the entire thing! Enjoy! [brains]

The current CORE category on the latest development build includes:

Team Deathmatch (12 players)

Merc Team Deathmatch (No parties)

Free for All (8 players, no really large maps)

Domination (12 players)

Ground War (18 players, TDM and DOM, no super small maps)

Search & Destroy

Capture the Flag (12 players)

Headquarters (12 players)

Demolition (12 players)

Sabotage (12 players)

He believes that the above Core playlist is a bit too long and he doesn't like the fact that there is no Team Tactical due to his love for playlists with mixed game modes.

The current HARDCORE category on the latest development build includes:

Search & Destroy (12 player)

Free for All (8 player)

Vahn is aware that people want more Hardcore playlists and he's assures us that it will happen eventually but he's focused on getting Core correct first.

The current BAREBONES category on the latest development build includes:

Bones TDM (12 players, Team Deathmatch, everything disabled. No Perks, Kilsltreaks, Attachments, or Contracts)

Classic TDM (12 players, killstreaks at 3, 5 and 7 levels like MW1 did)

Yet again he is aware that people want more game modes in the Barebones playlists but that will happen eventually. Before expanding on Barebones he wants to see if it works as well as they hope on and after launch.

The PRESTIGE category isn't implemented yet but it will include playlists that only Prestige users can access. These playlists are meant to tell you that the players you come across will be the best and most dedicated players. It may be similar to the Veteran playlist in World at War in which you could only play against players who have achieved a certain rank and higher.

The Wager Matches are completely separate from the normal ranked matches. When switching lobbies over to Wager Matches you will see different categories and playlists.

The ANTE UP (Free-for-all based, 6 players, low buy-in, parties allowed) category includes:

One in the Chamber

Sticks and Stones

Gun Game

Sharpshooter

The WEEKEND GAMBLER (Free-for-all based, 6 players, medium buy-in, no parties allowed) category includes:

One in the Chamber

Sticks and Stones

Gun Game

Sharpshooter

The HIGH ROLLER (Free-for-all based, 6 players, super high buy-in, no parties allowed) category includes:

Pro Gambler (all 4 of the above modes, you are gambling now so ... it's gamble)

He has also confirmed that the popular "War" game mode from World at War and Call of Duty 3 will not return. This is because it was designed for super large maps with vehicles and that's not something that they aimed for with Black Ops. There also won't be a 3rd person mode because it's a first person shooter.

Remember that the above is not a confirmation of what the game will ship with. There's still over a month of development left and anything can change before the game is completed or after launch.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, thanks for posting it up.

he says the core list is too long? keep all the popular ones:

tdm

mtdm - in mw2, I play this one, barebones tdm and ctf mostly

ffa

domination

SnD

ground war

and of course CTF

throw in a moshpit that includes all of the objective games including the ones I left out

ditto for hard core and barebones and all should be set.

as far as war goes, everytime I ever played that mode was mostly on map pack maps and it worked just fine. I don't see why he would say it only works on maps with vehicles, oh well. At least we have 1 real barebones gametype coming.

Will reporting be used for team-killers too? I mean I've gotten to tenth prestige lvl 70 in MW2 and there is nothing else to do other than prey on little kids with flashbangs.

That would be somewhat effective, but it would probably just pollute the System Treyarch is using to deal with Boosters and Hackers, and other cheaters.

So Far though its leaning towards Hardcore Just like in World at War. No Ricochet.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE, sorry for taking so long.

- Team Tactical is in Black Ops

- Join in progress is not disabled

- All gun customisations are specific to that weapon. e.g. You have to rebuy the Treyarch reticule for each gun.

- Scavenger doesn't refill grenade launchers.

- Grenade launchers are the most expensive attachment and cannot be used with Warlord.

- Flak jacket will save you from most grenade launcher attacks.

- 10 is not the max prestige.

- The vehicles in multiplayer are the killstreaks, there are no tanks, jeeps or motorcycles. However, this had "(in MP)" after it, so it might be confirmation of all three in Single Player.

- Have to level up to play hardcore, like in previous games in the series.

- Customisable private matches are classified. (Although, I remember something being mentioned about the RC-XD timer being set to unlimited in private matches, so as to allow races).

- Chopper gunner pilot cannot be killed.

- Lose all guns you buy when you prestige.

- Slight of Hand Pro does not work with snipers.

- Explosive crossbow is a one hit kill, even with Flak Jacket on.

I can't click on the link, internet nazis make me sad, so I'll take your word for it, at least until i get home later today.

I have always had a thing for hot,goth, energetic girls. Out of 5 GF's 3 were like that ;).

Domination (12 players)

Search & Destroy

Demolition (12 players)

Sabotage (12 players)

He believes that the above Core playlist is a bit too long and he doesn't like the fact that there is no Team Tactical due to his love for playlists with mixed game modes.

Free for All (8 player)

Vahn is aware that people want more Hardcore playlists and he's assures us that it will happen eventually but he's focused on getting Core correct first.

Bones TDM (12 players, Team Deathmatch, everything disabled. No Perks, Kilsltreaks, Attachments, or Contracts)

Yet again he is aware that people want more game modes in the Barebones playlists but that will happen eventually. Before expanding on Barebones he wants to see if it works as well as they hope on and after launch.

The PRESTIGE category isn't implemented yet but it will include playlists that only Prestige users can access. These playlists are meant to tell you that the players you come across will be the best and most dedicated players. It may be similar to the Veteran playlist in World at War in which you could only play against players who have achieved a certain rank and higher.

The Wager Matches are completely separate from the normal ranked matches. When switching lobbies over to Wager Matches you will see different categories and playlists.

The ANTE UP (Free-for-all based, 6 players, low buy-in, parties allowed) category includes:

One in the Chamber

Sticks and Stones

Gun Game

Sharpshooter

The WEEKEND GAMBLER (Free-for-all based, 6 players, medium buy-in, no parties allowed) category includes:

One in the Chamber

Sticks and Stones

Gun Game

Sharpshooter

The HIGH ROLLER (Free-for-all based, 6 players, super high buy-in, no parties allowed) category includes:

He has also confirmed that the popular "War" game mode from World at War and Call of Duty 3 will not return. This is because it was designed for super large maps with vehicles and that's not something that they aimed for with Black Ops. There also won't be a 3rd person mode because it's a first person shooter.

Remember that the above is not a confirmation of what the game will ship with. There's still over a month of development left and anything can change before the game is completed or after launch.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHERES DEMOLITION WHERES DEMOLITION!! :x

Domination (12 players)

Search & Destroy

Demolition (12 players)

Sabotage (12 players)

Free for All (8 player)

One in the Chamber

Sticks and Stones

Gun Game

Sharpshooter

One in the Chamber

Sticks and Stones

Gun Game

Sharpshooter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHERES DEMOLITION WHERES DEMOLITION!! :x

right here :)

UPDATE

- Ballistic knife lunge is the same distance as ordinary knife.

- Because your gun and first perk changes appearance, you can see what you look like in all faction in the create-a-class menu.

- "Many Bothans died to make sure we can still run at 60" 60fps confirmed.

- Splitscreen is available in the Low Limit wager matches.

- All purchased emlem images, backgrounds and layers stay when you prestige.

- Dashboarders will be punished.

- To buy classified guns, you will first have to buy all other guns in that class.

- Person on splitscreen has to sign in first, there is no join in session.

On xbox if you hit the middle 'X' button on the controller (like the middle buton on a PS3 controller) you can go to the screen you get when you first turn on your xbox. By doing this your stats are not saved, so people that are continuously killed when boosing nukes are not penalized.

Sorry if this is hard to understand maybe some one else can explain it better.

On xbox if you hit the middle 'X' button on the controller (like the middle buton on a PS3 controller) you can go to the screen you get when you first turn on your xbox. By doing this your stats are not saved, so people that are continuously killed when boosing nukes are not penalized.

I'll try to explain it better

So when you press the middle button on the xbox (or hold down the home button on PS3), and you click "dashboard" on xbox or "quit game" on PS3, your game stats will not be saved as you aborted a game in process. Hopefully that made more sense

I'll try to explain it better

So when you press the middle button on the xbox (or hold down the home button on PS3), and you click "dashboard" on xbox or "quit game" on PS3, your game stats will not be saved as you aborted a game in process. Hopefully that made more sense

Yea I get it now thanks.

- Combat Training has free-for-all and Team Deathmatch.

- Motor strike killstreak hits thress different locations one at a time, wth a slight delay.

- Killstreaks stack.

- Objectives take priority over weapon pick-ups.

- Changing the difficulty in Combat training does not affect bot heath, but other variable, e.g. targeting time.

- PS3 confirmed to have split-screen online.

- Nearly all lobbies support party chat, Search and Destroy does not.

That's all for this update.

• 2 weeks later...

- Can shoot down the Car Package chopper (SAM turret is the easiest way), but it still drops the crate.

- Begin on 0 CP

- Can get attack dogs and gunships in care packages, but the probability is low.

- Variable zoom has 3 levels.

- Have to buy pro perks.

- There will be a prison map.