Jump to content
Koslans

Swords?

Recommended Posts

Koslans    39

How about these things? Do you still mess around with them or have you stopped crafting them? I rarely make one and when I do, I'm not even using it anyway. 

I'm curious to see what you all think of these special weapons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263

The upgraded sword gives the autonomous sword, which is beast.

I always do them out of rote when i play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're going to go for a high round always craft and upgrade the sword. It can be done reasonably early (sword done round 4-6, upgrade after that) and is entirely worth it later, where it can kill over 100 zombies every use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never actually upgraded the swords.  I play exclusively on solo due to poor internet connections, and while I have gotten the swords before, I never seem to have the TIME to upgrade them, as I typically get pulled away from the xbox by then (or the servers quit) 

Or I just suck at the game. Take your pick. 

 

Either way, the normal sword I never find myself using because it simply isn't as cool to use as everything else in the map is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Koslans    39

If I am to use it, I really have to force myself to do so. Next time I play Shadows, I'll kill every three-headed giant with the sword only. 

(I'm gonna die in round 8, lel)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragdo11706    363

I find the "Apothicon Sword" a bit lackluster. However, the "Archon/Keeper Sword" is definitely worth taking the time to do.

Its really not that hard, nor time consuming, when charging the Arch-Ovum you basically have unlimited use of the "Apothicon Sword" to take out the Margwa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smok3y    42

I really enjoy the upgraded sword, cant say I've used it for high rounds as I've only ever used it during the EE & haven't been back to SOE in a while but i always enjoyed the actually process of upgrading them with the multiple margwas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Koslans    39

I love spawning as many Margwas in co-op games with strangers.... haha.

Your siggy... was that Timesplitters 2? Great game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smok3y    42
56 minutes ago, Koslans said:

I love spawning as many Margwas in co-op games with strangers.... haha.

Your siggy... was that Timesplitters 2? Great game! 

mine?

While it was not from there, i do seem to remember that phrase being in there somewhere! Was also the name of an album for a group known as the prodigy, Im actually not sure where I got it from to be honest!! been gaming too many years now :) 

I think Im going to get on SOE later now just so I can get the sword out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263
On 4/5/2016 at 1:22 AM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I've never actually upgraded the swords.  I play exclusively on solo due to poor internet connections, and while I have gotten the swords before, I never seem to have the TIME to upgrade them, as I typically get pulled away from the xbox by then (or the servers quit) 

Or I just suck at the game. Take your pick. 

 

Either way, the normal sword I never find myself using because it simply isn't as cool to use as everything else in the map is. 

The normal sword is lacking, but it can take down early margwa.

One easy way to do swords is to just ignore the egg until you get the AS. Then the first part is ridiculously easy using the AS. The second part is just shooting margwa heads; shotgun, ray gun, or sword make that easy. 

As a general rule to all: if you don't normally get past 30 rounds, the sword probably isn't worth the time and effort to craft. If you do regularly get past 30, it will save you tons of ammo and protect you in emergencies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Koslans    39
On 16-4-2016 at 11:13 PM, 83457 said:

As a general rule to all: if you don't normally get past 30 rounds, the sword probably isn't worth the time and effort to craft. If you do regularly get past 30, it will save you tons of ammo and protect you in emergencies. 

It's nice to craft and upgrade swords, just for the sake of having something to do while the rounds go up though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263

Oh sure, Koslan. I always do it (but i usually make it to around 55 before the zombies stop pathing to me, so it's worth it for sure).

"Saving tons of ammo" (my words) is a bit of a stretch. Usually I'm using blast furnace by then and hardly any ammo. 

But swords are still strong; they help when you've revived noobs 30 times by round 15, and it only gets harder as the rounds go up.  And i love camping for as long as i can before I'm forced into boring circles,  swords really help with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×