Thought on a quote from Richtofen

So I've been playing Der Eisendrache for about 8 hours now and there's this quote I've heard Richtofen constantly say every now and then and it is "Even Samantha cries for the blood of the damned!" What could this mean? And there's another one that he says when I'm using the Storm bow and it's "I've used this power before it is no stranger to me" Opinions on these quotes

The first one immediately makes me think of the various memories of the different richtofens bleeding together and him referencing when Sam was in the mpd.

the second one possibly when he had control of the mpd but that makes me question him having access to the 'power of the ancients' and their/it's part to play in the grand scheme of things. 

Maybe the power of the ancients is related to the something far worse in here quote in relation to the mpd? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AlphaOmega said:

The first one beats me. That seems like a really far off quote.

The second probably refers to the Wunderwaffe DG2. 

I'm 99.9% certain that's what he says.

4 hours ago, Smok3y said:

The first one immediately makes me think of the various memories of the different richtofens bleeding together and him referencing when Sam was in the mpd.

the second one possibly when he had control of the mpd but that makes me question him having access to the 'power of the ancients' and their/it's part to play in the grand scheme of things. 

Maybe the power of the ancients is related to the something far worse in here quote in relation to the mpd? 

That is quite possible now that you mention that, but damn does it ever bother me, especially the Sam one. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sam makes a lot of twisted comments in Moon, so this wouldn't surprise me. The MPD itself is powered by life force, energy drawn from dying bodies (not souls, just to be clear), so, considering that is what keeps the MPD operational, it seems no wonder that the occupants become so bloodthirsty. Almost vampiric, but instead of literal bloodlust, energylust (see Richtofen's announcer quotes in BO2).

"ITS ENERGY! I NEED IT'S ENERGY!!!"

• Like 1