How are Shi No Numa and Call of the Dead related?

If you didn't know, in Shi No Numa their is a radio that can be activated. It has a small segment of audio from Call of the Dead, when the O4 are trapped and you can hear Takeo being sick. I never see anyone question it though. So why is it in Shi No Numa? It completely confuses me every time I think of it because I cannot see any links between the maps besides this radio. It has to mean something too, like the audio should be from say 2010 yet its in the 40s. So how is it possible?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Not the same segment aside from someone puking their brains out.

COTD- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKJM9y-f4qk

Shi No Numa-https://youtu.be/J-pUKF_H29c

No matter what video I go on, the Call of the Dead quotes aren't working? Like every other video is fine but any about these quotes aren't so I can't listen to them. Thats pretty weird...

Quick Summary:

SNN Nikolai is puking vs Takeo in COTD.

SNN Richtofen explains why they teleported where they did vs Richtofen barking orders to get thing back up and running.

The only common denominator is vodka jokes. 

Also remember when Richtofen found that lever ;)

Not the same segment aside from someone puking their brains out.

COTD- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKJM9y-f4qk

Shi No Numa-https://youtu.be/J-pUKF_H29c

No matter what video I go on, the Call of the Dead quotes aren't working? Like every other video is fine but any about these quotes aren't so I can't listen to them. Thats pretty weird...

Quick Summary:

SNN Nikolai is puking vs Takeo in COTD.

SNN Richtofen explains why they teleported where they did vs Richtofen barking orders to get thing back up and running.

The only common denominator is vodka jokes. 

Also remember when Richtofen found that lever ;)

I remember the lever ;) 

Also in SNN yeah I can see the difference, but Takeo is still sick. So what even is that radio in SNN?

SNN radio is just them arriving at Kino and just commenting about it. They just put it in SNN for some strange reason.

EDIT: apparently linking another thread comes up with this weird box thing haha

I don't remember Takeo being sick in Kino der Toten

It may not be overly relevant to the storyline, but the reason Takeo's character was being sick in CotD was apparently because voice actor Tom Kane was not available at the time to do some recordings. I am assuming they had Nikolai be sick in the previous radio message because of his addiction to alcohol though and just did the same with Takeo's character in CotD to make it seem like both characters were sick due to the teleporting. Travel sickness but on a different scale.

It may not be overly relevant to the storyline, but the reason Takeo's character was being sick in CotD was apparently because voice actor Tom Kane was not available at the time to do some recordings. I am assuming they had Nikolai be sick in the previous radio message because of his addiction to alcohol though and just did the same with Takeo's character in CotD to make it seem like both characters were sick due to the teleporting. Travel sickness but on a different scale.

Takeo is sick in both messages though, it isn't Nikolai being sick.

Yep, just watched the video there and it is indeed Takeo being sick in the first one too. Maybe he was not available on that occasion either. He is not heard at all in the recording other than a barfing noise, only referred to. Also possible though that it is intentional. I know voice actors are always very busy but it does have me intrigued now. lol

Yep, just watched the video there and it is indeed Takeo being sick in the first one too. Maybe he was not available on that occasion either. He is not heard at all in the recording other than a barfing noise, only referred to. Also possible though that it is intentional. I know voice actors are always very busy but it does have me intrigued now. lol

I would have thought the same but its in the first map he ever talked in so he had to be there for it. Like they could have recorded it at the same time as the map was made so there has to be some sort of explanation.

If it's meant as more exposition for Kino then it's a really curious choice  not to actually include it with Kino considering it came out technically the same time as a remastered SNN.

So was this radio not in the original SNN? I thought it was...

Yeah it was only in Shi No Numa BO1 version. I reckon they only put it there because Nacht had the Thundergun, Verruckt the Winter's Howl and Der Riese the modified DG-3. Shi No Numa had nothing unique added so I reckon they just put it there so they could say each map had something added to it.

Ok, so the question still begs to be answered, why was it added? I kind of get the WWs since they can be explained easily but I don't know what the radio was in SNN of all places for.