Who exactly is the shadow man?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOAH! HOLY SHIT! Someone inform @Mr.Roflwaffles or the guy who does the lonly mailbox or someone about this! 

Actually... That's a bit weird, because this map would take place 20 years ish before "Five".... So... Maybe there's more to Macnamara then we think,,,,

Maybe Treyarch just like working with him? It would be weird to have a character who appeared in one map, to have such a vital role in something like this. Maybe that would add to the surprise though.

At the very least, it's an interesting coincidence.

He obviously has just done voice actor work for them before and is doing it again, I guarantee there is nothing more to it.

I'm not ruling anything out 100%, despite how unlikely it may look. I agree, I don't think it would be him. But you honestly never know with Treyarch.

McNamara is the most universally hated character in zombies of all time. Yeah, that seriously is pulling a Jason Todd in zombies. Make a hated character into someone really interesting. 

He obviously has just done voice actor work for them before and is doing it again, I guarantee there is nothing more to it.

I'm not ruling anything out 100%, despite how unlikely it may look. I agree, I don't think it would be him. But you honestly never know with Treyarch.

McNamara is the most universally hated character in zombies of all time. Yeah, that seriously is pulling a Jason Todd in zombies. Make a hated character into someone really interesting. 

I liked playing as McNamara. Defiantly better then marelton or russman. 

Most universally hated character?

mqdefault.jpg

Anyway, what would be wrong with making, as you call a hated character, into an interesting one? It redeems the character.

The new crew aren't as hated as McNamara is to be honest, people don't like them but they really don't like him. I like him though, I am going by what I see in the community as a whole. Also its just that he is a real life character, so it makes things slightly awkward for him to be McNamara.

The new crew aren't as hated as McNamara is to be honest, people don't like them but they really don't like him. I like him though, I am going by what I see in the community as a whole. Also its just that he is a real life character, so it makes things slightly awkward for him to be McNamara.

Your last point, I agree with. However, I don't ever really see dislike or hate towards any of the Five crew really, compared to the amount of hate the N4 get. Maybe I just don't look hard enough.

Your last point, I agree with. However, I don't ever really see dislike or hate towards any of the Five crew really, compared to the amount of hate the N4 get. Maybe I just don't look hard enough.

Well the Five group themselves aren't inherently hated, they are just a gimmick really "oh world leaders or whatever" but overall I have seen McNamara get the most hate out of any individual. I don't think the hate against the N4 is that justified though since I like them enough, they just suffered from replacing the O4 and being written by poor writers. Oh and they were on bad maps. This is a good comparison actually, you know how the sixth doctor suffered from the writers but if you got another writer for him, like Big Finish, he is fine? Thats what its like for the N4. They really aren't bad characters, genius with an ego, tough farm girl, crazy conspiracy guy and grumpy homeless man. All perfectly fine character traits but poorly written. McNamara is just annoying as a whole though and being pinned with him is the biggest pain you can get in zombies.

He does not speak with a German accent, so neither Maxis or Rictofen would be the mysterious figure

You know who else doesn't speak with a German accent? Eddie from the Origins cutscene. 

All I can say to that is we're not even sure how much of what we saw was real or not.

Also totally forgot about FIVE.

Not sure how much credence there is to Picardo voicing MacNamara and The Shadow Man. In case you guys didn't know, Fred Tatasciore voices both Nikolai and Maxis and I think we can all agree they're two separate characters.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

Well the Five group themselves aren't inherently hated, they are just a gimmick really "oh world leaders or whatever" but overall I have seen McNamara get the most hate out of any individual. I don't think the hate against the N4 is that justified though since I like them enough, they just suffered from replacing the O4 and being written by poor writers. Oh and they were on bad maps. This is a good comparison actually, you know how the sixth doctor suffered from the writers but if you got another writer for him, like Big Finish, he is fine? Thats what its like for the N4. They really aren't bad characters, genius with an ego, tough farm girl, crazy conspiracy guy and grumpy homeless man. All perfectly fine character traits but poorly written. McNamara is just annoying as a whole though and being pinned with him is the biggest pain you can get in zombies.

Yes, I would love to see the N4 being written in the same vein as the O4 in Origins. It might just redeem those characters for me. Unfortunately however, it seems Treyarch are done with them for good now. They just started getting better in Buried, which is a shame.

Yes, I would love to see the N4 being written in the same vein as the O4 in Origins. It might just redeem those characters for me. Unfortunately however, it seems Treyarch are done with them for good now. They just started getting better in Buried, which is a shame.

Well technically there looks like a comic book page between Die Rise and Buried, I am still holding my hopes these guys get one last map to wrap up the Flesh and Broken Arrow.

I doubt they're gone, you don't just kill off 4 people that annoying that easily. 

They aren't exactly killed off. You see their bodies but in zombies that means nothing, the O4 have died on every map. Anyways I was more thinking of a map before Buried.

I don't think people hated McNamara, he was just the least interesting. The Takeo of the group (before he got cool). I'd rather play as the other 3 than McNamara.

Regarding Shadowmans voice, I don't think we can rule out anyone because of it. Remember we got American Samantha (I don't if there is a story reason or not for that), and from there, Smoker Samantha (remember the Origins intro with that voice before they changed it?). It's very unlikely and probably a new character, but it's just something to keep in mind.

I don't think people hated McNamara, he was just the least interesting. The Takeo of the group (before he got cool). I'd rather play as the other 3 than McNamara.

Regarding Shadowmans voice, I don't think we can rule out anyone because of it. Remember we got American Samantha (I don't if there is a story reason or not for that)

Nope, there wasn't a story reason for it, at least not yet. Although, I doubt we'll get one anytime soon either.

Mcnamara was involved with the campaign though Operation Northwoods etc

But then again those documents where in the project nova mission with the tesla documents and the apollo 11 debriefing which was all really confusing timewise

Anyway i found reading about mcnamara really interesting even if his charcter wasnt like the others

"Need more beans for the chouder"

"Damm hippys"

I think the N4 would've almost served better as who you played as in the other game modes, or at least the survival maps. I actually didn't outright hate them, I just didn't like them or want them because they weren't the O4. Looking past that they were a mildly interesting group with a few mysteries surrounding them that went unresolved. I would like to see where they ended up for real, or at least answer all the loose threads from them. 

As for the FIVE crew, I freaking loved them. McNamara was the least interesting to me but at this point it seems like every crew of 4 in zombies has that one guy who just doesn't measure up to everyone else so really it was more so the fact that he was given the least funniest jokes. The other 3 on that map were absolutely hysterical and fun to play as. If only they had explored that connection to Ascension more...