Black Ops 3: Where I think we are going next Revisited

After the DICE Summit came out I made a post about where I think we are going next in zombies. (Here's the post: ) But after the reveal of Black Ops 3 and with further evidence of the storyline floating around, I think I have came up with even more ideas for what the future holds such as locations, plot elements and even possibly characters.

The Beginning

Origins is said to be the beginning of the story. I know people say that doesn't make sense but through all advertising points and all story in the map, it is the start. I personally do think that there is more to be explained with it. But I think that briding the gap between Origins and say Richtofen experimenting on the characters cannot be done in map or in radios as it is something outside of the zombie apocalypse. I have a theory that Origins is not where we start the story, well it is but it isn't. I think that something happened before Origins but it wasn't the start of the story. Thats a weird concept I know but I will try to explain it. Since our story is in a time loop, it means it goes around in a cycle like Mob of the Dead but on a much bigger scale. But the loop isn't linear to time, you could be in 1945 at one moment then go to 1964 in the next but you would have not escaped the loop as it would have followed you almost. I think it has followed our characters throughout zombies no matter what time they are in and I think it started before or in Origins. As I said before, you can go anywhere and the loop will follow you. So I think that the characters could go to before Origins and be parts of events that happened before it while it isn't the beginning and Origins is. Why I think this confusing idea could happen? Most of that is covered in the other post but it is to do with the blue print shown in the comic book. 1915 is shown but this is after the Buried page. So I think that we will pick up with the characters after Moon and find that they had gone to the past instead of stayed in the future. I know it is only a comic book but it has always had some form of order, I am assuming it is the order we follow so we at least have to go to 1915 or something to do with it at some point so I think this could happen and could also help explain Origins.

Changing the Outcome

In the DICE Summit, it was hinted at that something will happen to Richtofen. I related this to maps being remade but I think Jimmy Zielinski explained it well. As Jimmy Zielinski said "Taking a little trip, will change the future as we know it! Lives will change, paths altered! No big deal." This to me backs up the idea that we are going to the past, doing something which will change the future that we know and have seen in World at War to Black Ops 2, this will also change our characters and change their destiny. Then the question is, who replaces Richtofen? I personally think it is the man in the blank Kino der Toten portrait for a few reasons I have mentioned before.

Pirates and Voodoo

A lot of hints have been made by Jimmy Zielinski about a map set around the idea of Voodoo. He still continues to tweet about it so I assume it may come up at least. I would not think it far fetches at all for a map to appear that explores the idea of voodoo and pirates. But, I would think of it more as an unconnected map that can explain a concept, much like Mob of the Dead. Jimmy also goes on to say this at some point: "How about using poisons, voodoo, piracy, assassinations, thievery. Bartering for equipment. Building transportation or safe havens?" I see this as being some of the core features to this map and the story of the map which will come into play. I don't know how all of this will come into play but I feel lie these are the story aspects of the map. Also, it has been hinted at that if this were to be a map, the boss will be a serpent linked to Voodoo known as Li Grand Zombi. So that may be yet another hint.

The Restoration of Group 935

Now, here is where I think things could get interesting for zombies. We have always heard of Group 935 in maps and in radios, we even saw them at the beginning in Origins. The image below was found by @Tac and was in the DICE Summit as well. We have never seen 935 do anything much past old abandoned stuff. There must be some surviving members out there planning something. As we are going to a future setting, I think that we may see the return of Group 935 in a big way. They have been quiet for so long and if this robotics idea is a part of the game, which is really seeming to be, I think that they could use this to even control the undead. Group 935 will come back, I am sure they will. The best time for them to do that is the future. For all we know they could have become a much more secret group. Now that the human condition is beginning to be improved, they emerge from the dark and begin to rebuild their name.

632f355c77fe1b4f56d487dc39d46838.png

These were just a few ideas I had, if anyone else has any I would love to hear them. I may add on to the post if more information gives me more ideas but I do think some of this stuff could happen. I am very excited for the return of zombies and hope they are ambitious but true to the story this time around.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Just saying, I think I was pretty much on the ball with the Richtofen thing and changing the outcome. We still haven't seen that 935 logo yet, is there any sign of it in the Giant intro or poster which I cant seem to find??

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have this meme of this picture to do with pirate zombies but I think I deleted it, oh well I will post it in vain hope that somebody else can make a meme of it:

BO2ZB22-2.jpg

I like how people think its fake btw even though its on the site of the person who made the other panels for that loading screen when they aren't even finished as well.

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators
On ‎29‎-‎7‎-‎2015 at 10:56 PM, Nightmare Voyager said:

I used to have this meme of this picture to do with pirate zombies but I think I deleted it, oh well I will post it in vain hope that somebody else can make a meme of it:

BO2ZB22-2.jpg

I like how people think its fake btw even though its on the site of the person who made the other panels for that loading screen when they aren't even finished as well.

Samuel isn't at that picture.

IF this is true, and it will become a map, I don't think Samuel is still in the N4.

Remember Richthofen taking over Samuels body at the end of Burried?

Maybe Richthofen will be the 4th person in this map, forming a new team including Russman, Misty and Marlton.

• Administrators

I know this thread is old, but since it has been resurrected, Imma say this: a pirate map would put the last nail in the coffin of my interest in CODZ and the franchise as a whole. It would make no sense whatsoever and would not tie into to storyline if you used depleted uranium zip ties and cobalt cable. 

2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I know this thread is old, but since it has been resurrected, Imma say this: a pirate map would put the last nail in the coffin of my interest in CODZ and the franchise as a whole. It would make no sense whatsoever and would not tie into to storyline if you used depleted uranium zip ties and cobalt cable. 

I would quite like a pirate zombie map and have wanted one since I saw this picture. @Black Hand Smith has a wonderful series of map ideas centered around that idea and if they were anything like that, I would be happy. I know we are getting a map centered around water in the future, but it is most likely more closely related to Nan Madol more than pirates. It could fit in with the overall story, or not. I would not mind a pirate map with a boat and a town like that Ghosts map had. I like the overall theme of it and it doesn't even have to be set in the story. Although there could be a "Kraken" in it that has more Apothicon ties than people realise.

To me, there is very little that could not tie in zombies. After a castle and Paris, pirates are what I want most in zombies. I might make a map idea of it one day just to prove it can fit in the story XD.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I agree that it is strange and has nothing to do with zombies, but with Treyarch you never know.

Who could ever image a zombie map taking place in an old western town, and I wasn't disappointed when burried was released.

Maybe the pirate map is just something like that: Something old is teleported to the current world.

Or maybe it has to do something with Atlantis and the Vrill-ya.....

27 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I mean the pirate ships are in the sea, and in the sea is also Atlantis (which has connections with the Vrill-ya).

Thats like saying airplanes are in the sky, the sky also has clouds (which also has connections to potatoes) so a farm remake is confirmed.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Thats like saying airplanes are in the sky, the sky also has clouds (which also has connections to potatoes) so a farm remake is confirmed.

So the MotD airplane in SoE means we are gonna have a map with a potatoe zombie boss. YAY!!!

No serious, one of the first things I thought of about a pirate map on sea was: 'if the map is only a ship, it would be too small, so you have to go in the water'.

And thats how I got to Atlantis, and I thought I heard once the Vrill Ya had to do something with Atlantis, but I couldn't remember what.

Maybe I am completely wrong, but it's just a thought.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

I thought I heard once the Vrill Ya had to do something with Atlantis, but I couldn't remember what.

Maybe I am completely wrong, but it's just a thought.

You're correct in saying that the Vril-ya and Atlantis are related.

1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Please no Atlantis. LOL! This gets worse and worse. Is this Bioshock or Call of Duty: Zombies???

Well lets face it: 

Drinkable super powers

Guns upgraded by vending machines

Huge lumbering beasts with deadly close-range attacks

Scrawny weak common enemies

Creepy setting covered in corpses

Radios fortelling the story behind the action 

Evil little girls 

Cross dimensional rifts

Multiple outcomes to the story. 

Zombies has always been bioshock

10 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Well lets face it: 

Drinkable super powers

Guns upgraded by vending machines

Huge lumbering beasts with deadly close-range attacks

Scrawny weak common enemies

Creepy setting covered in corpses

Radios fortelling the story behind the action 

Evil little girls 

Cross dimensional rifts

Multiple outcomes to the story. 

Zombies has always been bioshock

Time travel, other worlds. THE PANZER SOLDAT, the list goes on people!

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
11 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Right, I get that. But where does it stop? 

It stops at not having an underwater locale, which is what I guess is being discussed as where we are going next lol.

6 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

That's way too close for comfort. Ah well. I'm beginning to think the story died at Buried. Wish they'd just say it.  

The story was dead when the Earth blew up. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this new story arc. I hated the idea of parallel worlds in zombies, but it works so well as it is a whole new arc and not the full story.

Off topic a little, even though it is my topic but whatever, does anyone have that thing from Black Ops that was an Illuminati code? It had God vs. God and the ice cave thing, I need to take a look at it and it actually relates into future maps that I think we are having.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

The story was dead when the Earth blew up. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this new story arc. I hated the idea of parallel worlds in zombies, but it works so well as it is a whole new arc and not the full story.

Off topic a little, even though it is my topic but whatever, does anyone have that thing from Black Ops that was an Illuminati code? It had God vs. God and the ice cave thing, I need to take a look at it and it actually relates into future maps that I think we are having.

Sounds interesting, I don't know what you mean, but if anyone has this I also would like to see it.

With God VS God they maybe mean Richthofen VS Maxis?

They both could create life (like a god). Well, undead life.

3 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Sounds interesting, I don't know what you mean, but if anyone has this I also would like to see it.

With God VS God they maybe mean Richthofen VS Maxis?

They both could create life (like a god). Well, undead life.

Well see, there is one that literally mentions Eisenwralt or something, which translates to the frozen kingdom. I need that picture so I can do some digging and relate it to other maps, because I think I can vaguely remember one related to the word honour, which came up in that SoE cipher.