Co-op or Solo?

So I just played Destiny for the first time in a while and I didnt have anything to do. Like at all only bounties and I gave up after an hour because it was boring. When I first played Destiny it was so fun! For literally two months after I had an amazing time. Ever since VoG, the main friend I play with decided to kind of show his true colours and treated me, the person who had been with him for so long like I was nothing. That came at a bad time in my life and because I didnt want the stress I deleted them. Ever since then I barely play Xbox, as I never have anyone to ever play it with.

Does anyone else like to play co op more? I find it to be a funner experience because of the situations you can get into and the conversations you can have, but playing solo to me really makes me wonder why I am doing it and to be honest makes me feel lonely. Not lonely in a way that I dont have friends but in a way that I know with friends around I would be much happier. Its a shame really since none of my friends arent ever around and now im having to become a solo gamer. To me, I like to have friends to play with, im a social guy and like to talk when playing games. When the next 3arch game is around I know I will play that more, theres also a few xbox games I cant wait to get but surprisingly they are not multiplayer games, which is not like me at all.

So what experiences have you had in co-op and solo games? What preferences do you have when playing? I really want to get a discussion going about this idea as its something that has been affecting my gaming as a whole for a long time, it really interests me what people run into when they play games. So this is kind of a post to discuss if you prefer co-op or solo, not a post to say someones opinions are wrong as its a very opinion based topic. Anyways, I am looking forward to seeing peoples replies.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For games in general? Depends on the game. Zombies, Co-op is infinitely more fun. I prefer singleplayer games as a whole, but when you have a multiplayer game, playing with one of your bros just makes things more fun. It's a social thing, I suppose. I feel like most multiplayer games don't have a whole lot of depth, so that socialization just makes things a hell of a lot more fun.

However, in most singleplayer games, I don't want that. They're like movies, I just want to focus in on the story and get myself into that world. Playing with friends would take me out of that.

I can't play solo zombies on my own, if I can't be in a party I get so bored I just don't do it.

For games like Skyrim, as ZOTD said I like to concentrate and immerse myself in the story.

Overall though, my favorite game is zombies coop.  4 player coop or challenges to be precise.  It's how I think zombies is best played, working as a team, with lead flying and bad things happening.  Like some chaos in my zombies, and things going wrong.  Pulling out of a tight spot or situation as a team is so good.

I hate parties bigger than 4 people though, once you get more than 4 people in the dynamics just gets all messed up.

Someone is always too quiet, and it can get a little awkward.