Hi CoDz!

So, I've been thinking a lot about the things I've enjoyed thus far in zombies and other game modes, as well as things I do not enjoy. I've came up with a bunch of ideas that would either expand on the enjoyment myself and other zombie enthusiasts have experienced, or mitigate the bad situations with a simpler alternative.

My best idea in my own opinion has got to be the Duplication Device (or any better name you guys can come up with, haha) :

Around the forum lately, I see a lot of people begging for a new weapon upgrade service that would be a counterpart to the fan favorite Pack-a-Punch. One of my favorite things about Blacks Ops 1 zombies (which sadly isn't much compared to what I loved about BO2) was the akimbo weapons. Typhoid and Mary, Tokyo and Rose, Calamity and Jane, Mustang and Sally (introduced in Bo1, thankfully returned in BO2), and the amazing Zap Guns. What akimbo weapons did bo2 introduce? Only the Ultra and Violet (amazing name, lackluster fun factor and performance overall). I'm sure you've figured out what I am suggesting by now: a contraption that would make an exact copy of your weapon for a massive price. I think anything in the 10k to 25k point range would be acceptable. The only exclusion to the weapons the device would accept would be map-exclusive wonder weapons, unless one would greatly benefit from this; and weapons that are already akimbo (mustang and sally can't be duplicated, and weapons already duplicated cannot be reused). Any weapon duplicated would have its exact ammunition count doubled, so if it were empty, you'd get both weapons back, but they'd both be empty trololo :D Ammo capacity would also double, of course. Pack-a-punched weapons can be duplicated, however, duplicated weapons cannot be pack-a-punched. I've always dreamed of dual-wield rayguns. With this idea, Treyarch would make it plausible.

My next idea, Tactical Weaponry and Weapon Variants:

Give that second pack-a-punch a purpose, Treyarch. Monkey Bombs, Ballistic Knife and Crossbow were only the beginning of the tactical weaponry we've seen. This time around, I want things like that brought back. The crossbow, a terrible weapon until pack-a-punch made it 13 separate monkey bombs (and who knew the bolts lasted longer before exploding when you have quick revive in your perk setup?). The Vitriolic Whithering was the closest thing we've seen since then. Now there is so much potential for more. What about a gun that manipulated gravity on its target? Do you shoot that one zombie blocking your path and send him sky high, or shoot it at your own feet and giving yourself a new view of the world around you? Why not pack a punch your bolt action sniper again, not just for iron sights, but increased mobility as a whole? Or, pack-a-punch it until you get that suppressor that makes you undetectable to a new boss zombie while you hold it? With another go on the pack-a-punch machine, you can change any formerly regular gun to fulfill a new need entirely.

Thirdly, I'd like to see a Chaos mode of sorts implemented into zombies:

From the start of the game, a horde of 40 zombies will be chasing you, while a timer counts down and your score rises. You start with your choice between the winter's fury, any ray gun variant or pap'd starter pistol variant that has been available in the game thus far. Any time a zombie is spawning after you kill one, it has a chance to be a hellhound, napalm zombie, shrieker zombie, Avogadro, Brutus, minion or the Panzer Soldat. The ground / floor is littered with wonderweaponry of all sorts: the Wunderwaffe Dg-2, Shang's shrink ray, the thundergun (1 shot only), the Hyena Infra-Dead, zap guns / wave gun, sliquifier, 3 gersh devices, 4 QEDs, a Sweeper and a zombie shield a la Mob, along with whatever they give us in the new maps. You can choose the amount of time you play with before you start, ranging from 10 minutes to unlimited. This enables us who are burned out on zombies after long sessions to play a quickie rather than go through the hassle of a massive setup, while also allowing for high scoring games to make it competitive.

Who loves easter eggs with hidden rewards? The entire zombies community of course. More specifically, who loves smaller easter eggs like the golden spork side mission? That would be me. The Insta-kill Bullet would be a side quest that when finished, granted the player a single shot for whatever weapon he is holding to kill on any round at all. The player can hold any weapon of their choice, including rpgs and wonderweapons (A one-shot shot for a weapon that already kills in one shot, lulz). The insta kill bullet will be the very last bullet in the very last clip, and is only refilled when the player repeats the quest over again (the quest should be difficult if the bullet were to be replenished each time). This would be best included on a survival map or a map similar to Call of the Dead where there is no high round mass removal weapon, similar to how George grants the player a wunderwaffe DG 2 when he is slain. I think this would be absolutely epic and player can use this for a variety of reasons.

Ranking is so boring in Black Ops 2. I'd like some rewards in the upcoming installment for my continual slaying of the undead. With a leveling system that so many long for, this could be feasible. The player levels up with every round they undergo, and after reaching a certain rank, they unlock a new Pack-a-Punch Camo. Level 5 would be granted after a total playing of 200 rounds, for example, and you would unlock the Mob of the Dead Pack-a-Punch Camo for your pap'd weapons if you so choose. So on, so forth, you can unlock a golden camo, Origins blue camo, the afterlife camo, and weaponized 115 camo, among some others if desired. However, I think there should be a camo granted to players who reach a round X, and a special identifier on their rank to signify they are not a completely terrible player (similar to the prestige shotgun rank in bo2 held). This would help players recognize the skills of others in the lobby before the game starts, and hopefully grant people a chance to not be so unlucky when dealing with players they do not want to be in the lobby with.

Finally, I have exhausted all of my ideas thus far. What do you all think? Comment below, as some feedback would be greatly appreciated :3

With Regards,

BrayJay

Edited by BrayJayTheZombSlaya
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok my points: 

-Duplication Device: Normally when someone introduces a way of PAP again I'm against it, BUT NOT HERE! I love this idea, and It would totally work too: 

3000 for a normal gun, 

6000 for a PAP version, 

-If you PAP a normal duel-gun it reverts to being a single-weild weapon, pitty, but that's the cost of high living. 

Furthermore, I think instead of doing that, the DYW (Double Your Weapon) would say: This weapon is too advanced. Meaning you can't duel weild a variety of weapons: The ray gun, the ballistics knife, the crossbow, and the map's wonder weapon. HOWEVER I also think that once you complete an easter egg on one of the DLC maps, you get rewarded with "Porter's blueprints". This will allow one to duel wield the ray gun or ray gun M2 in any map! THAT would be worth my time and effort. 

-I do not however, like the tactic-a-punch. I see too much in it's ability, Much like buildables trayarch will rely on it. Plus, it's hard enough out there for our easter egg hunters, now we have to PAP EVERY type of weapon and try it on EVERYTHING to see if something happens? 

-Insta-kill bullet would be a bit pointless too IMO. It would better work as a perk like: Final stand: The last bullet in your gun is an insta-kill. Because you only get one shot with it, and even with an RPG, that won't end the round. 

-The Chaos mode needs some tweaking, but I'd love the innovation of difficulty: 

Classic: Easter egg is possible, zombies spawn normally, regular health. 

Easy: Easter egg is not possible, zombies spawn normally, regular health, low speeds until round 15. X 0.5 XP for this mode. 

Hard: Easter egg is possible,, zombies spawn frantically, starts with regular health, but at round 5 they start doubling in health every round, so a round 6 zombie is the equivalent of a round 10 zombie, high speeds starting at round 5. X1.5 XP for using this mode. 

Now, as for the ranking system, I like the idea of getting to 200 rounds. Although it has it's downsides. It could mean playing a game and dying on round 2 100 times, and that's not really fair to those who try to get to round 20+ a game. I also like the idea of earning things, although my idea involved unlocking weapons to put in your box. You had to have a set number of RPGS, LMGS, Snipers, and all the rest, but you could pick between putting an LSAT or an RPD in the box these weapons are equal enough to be swapped out without really effecting game play. In the menus screen you would have a create-a-class system for your box. Of course every map would also come equipped with it's own weapons that can't be changed as well. 

3000 for a normal gun, 

6000 for a PAP version, 

-If you PAP a normal duel-gun it reverts to being a single-weild weapon, pitty, but that's the cost of high living. 

Furthermore, I think instead of doing that, the DYW (Double Your Weapon) would say: This weapon is too advanced. Meaning you can't duel weild a variety of weapons: The ray gun, the ballistics knife, the crossbow, and the map's wonder weapon. HOWEVER I also think that once you complete an easter egg on one of the DLC maps, you get rewarded with "Porter's blueprints". This will allow one to duel wield the ray gun or ray gun M2 in any map! THAT would be worth my time and effort. 

Porter's Blueprints would be a really awesome sidequest to pursue, I like that a lot more than just being able to have akimbo rayguns from spending some points. However, I think it should be a lot pricier than pack a punch, even for weapons that aren't pap'd. 10k seems reasonable imo if you're doubling the total ammo capacity in a weapon, as well as giving it extra stopping power and two separate reloads. 6k seems way too cheap. I think if this idea were to be implemented, 3arc would also try to make a wonderweapon for the map with the DYW that would only reach its full potential through the machine's use (similar to the acid gat kit / blundergat on Mob of the Dead). But, I really think the Porter's Blueprints is a fantastic idea, they've never featured him in any decent-sized easter egg yet, and that would be really interesting to learn something new about him. Question: would it be better to build the DYW or have it hidden through a quest like PaP on Mob?

Well, remember, not all weapons benefit from a kimbo: Shotguns and ray guns seem to suit it... But a duel wield sniper rifle? 

(Achievement get: 5G: Why did I do this?- In any zombies map duplicate a sniper rifle.) 

Plus look at pistols,SMGS and MGS,  the aim is severly reduced, the weight is DOUBLED, making an LMG the weight of the death machine, ADS is disabled, and it can possibly take MORE shots to kill a zombie due to inaccuracy. 

For all that, I think 3000 and 6000 are a fairly reasonable price. 

Also I think the DYW should be like a perk or the PAP, in the map and not build able (unless you're stupid like tranzit...) 

Also, why have we not discussed duplicate RPGs? WOW that would be cool!

I kinda like the akimbo Idea, but I don't like it doubling reserve ammo capacity. That's a little OP. That was going to be a perk in the past (Candolier) but they scrapped it, presumably because it's over powered. I would prefer for it to be less expensive (still pretty expensive though) but not affect reserve ammo. Then it would just go back to the double tap paradox. Run out of ammo twice as fast, but as long as you don't miss you still kill just as efficiently and twice as fast.

In terms of price, I'd say maybe it should vary from weapon to weapon. Maybe you go up to a wall gun and get the option to double-tap X / square / f to duplicate, and it costs 5 times the price of the original gun. So like dual M14s would only be 2500 and not that great, but like dual MP40s would be 5000, or dual stakeouts would be 7500. but 4750 seems cheap for box weapons, so maybe box weapons could be a flat 8-10k.

25k+ for a single purchase just seems obnoxious.