Zombie Training Facility

Tac

Question

• Administrators

If you go the CoDz homepage, you'll see that we have the recovered vB threads, which is fantastic! If you enter the Training Facility, you'll see it has 10,682 threads covering 357 pages, which is incredible! You'd imagine the whole story could be in there. Curious as to what page 357 could possibly have? Me too, so I checked:

No topics were found. This is either because there are no topics in this forum, or the topics are older than the current age cut-off.

Well that doesn't make sense, no threads in the forum? Of course there are, it says there's 10,682 of them. So I checked how many pages had that message, starting at page 357 and working to page 1. When was the first time I ran into a page with a thread? Page 2. That means 355 pages had that message and are empty. It's alright though, that's probably just a mistake, at least we have the 10,682 topics! Wait... at 30 threads a page, and 2 pages, that means there's only 60 total threads in the Training Facility, not 10,682.

That begs two questions. I assume the remaining 10,622 threads didn't transfer because of the age cut-off mentioned in the message, so can we not get them? However, I'm really not that concerned if we can get them, it is what it is. Can we at least delete the 355 pages so it accurately shows that there's only 60 topics?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

14 answers to this question

• Administrators

Im hoping/thinking that all of those additional threads were the spam threads from the VBulletin site? Hopefully....

Pinnaz they weren't actually threads just empty pages. Still need to go through the threads and remove the duplicates. I'll tackle that some time this week.

• Administrators

Im hoping/thinking that all of those additional threads were the spam threads from the VBulletin site? Hopefully....

Pinnaz they weren't actually threads just empty pages. Still need to go through the threads and remove the duplicates. I'll tackle that some time this week.

I think @PINNAZ is saying he hopes all the threads that weren't transferred were the spam threads.

Are you referring to the duplicate General Zombie Discussion threads? If so, I hope you're deleting the ones inside the vB GZD and not the currently-active CoDz GZD threads.

• Administrators

I think @PINNAZ is saying he hopes all the threads that weren't transferred were the spam threads.

Are you referring to the duplicate General Zombie Discussion threads? If so, I hope you're deleting the ones inside the vB GZD and not the currently-active CoDz GZD threads.

Correctamundo. Working on that in my spare time.

• Administrators

Okay sweet. I've already gone through the entire vB GZD and found their CoDz GZD counterparts, so honestly if you want to just delete the entire vB GZD in one fell swoop without going through it, I say do it.

• Tech Admin

@Tac@@@PINNAZ

The blank pages would have been from the conversion and spam threads, of which there was literally (thousands, hundreds of thousands from vBulletin alone. I'm not claiming the transfer to have been 100% perfect but I'm looking into an alternative way to bring all of the information over and having them assigned to the relevant person (correctly).

Whether the option works or not, I have absolutely no idea until I give it a try. If my theory is correct, then it should actually be flawless. I would rather do it this way, than assisgn each topic/post manually.

• Administrators

That's a good idea. Also, I want to discuss the vision for the General Zombie Discussion, Training Facility, Research Facility, and Asylum.

First and foremost, having four story sections is a little too much, in my opinion. I think we should bring it down to two story sections, the Research Facility and Asylum, because those sound the best. So, there are two options. Both are five “actions” so choose whichever is easier:

- Move everything from both Asylum’s to the Research Facility, then renaming it Asylum. Both Asylum’s are deleted. Everything from the Training Facility stays and it’s renamed the Research Facility.

- Move everything from the Research Facility and one Asylum to the other Asylum, keeping the name. The Research Facility and one of the Asylum’s is deleted. Everything from the Training Facility stays and it’s renamed the Research Facility.

Ideally, to me, there would be no story talk in the General Zombies Discussion. Therefore, story-related threads from the General Zombies Discussion would be moved to either the Research Facility, Asylum, or some map-specific thread.

Any thoughts?

• Administrators

@Tac keep in mind that there is also the "story" forum within the "General Discussion" Forum

I like your proposals too.

A bit of brainstorming to minimise the sections will be good

Yeah I meant to include that in General Zombies Discussion, but I wasn't very clear my bad. I'm pretty dedicated to getting threads back in the right place. It gets too out-of-hand, gotta do some spring cleaning!
  • Administrators

@Tac we can look at doing all of this however we want to wait until Craig merges all the posts to the corresponding users accounts. We dont want to move the guest posts until that happens. He has his hands full at the moment so I will bookmark this thread and revist your suggestions in a bit. I'm definitely behind you on the need to organize and consolidate.

• Administrators

@ No absolutely, it doesn't have to be now I'm just trying to make everyone aware of some of these things just so we can have a plan for whenever we can make it happen. As always, much appreciated, do what you guys gotta do :)