The Thomas Edison theory

Hello, I'm the boring guy.

Not doing a sexual pun today, due to protests.

I still play zombies. I still play on occasion to up my scores. I still play, to quote unquote, "get better".

It's not always easy. No matter what map you choose to play, you are constantly updating your strategy and execution to how you play. What seems to happen more often, is the additions of what not to do.

Each time you go down, it's like for two reasons; poor execution or poor strategy selection. You either sneezed and took your eyes off, or that your strategy may need further tinkering.

If you think about it, it's the Thomas Edison theory. Each time I fail, I almost certainly add to the list of things that do not work, or need to be avoided.

Some of the notables:

Do not sit and watch after a nuke. Zombies will still slap you around for a while. Same goes with the staff kills, except for wind staff.

Do not double knife, it has been mechanically built into the game that you will die.

Do not knife kill if you don't want a nuke, because it only happens when you don't want it.

Do not forego jug for Bowie, you are not Chopper.

Do not do the unnecessary moves just to look good.

Do not shoot the robot with just one shot, you will miss and he will stomp you.

Do not rush into killing. Do one more lap to ensure safety.

Do not revive in a corner, or without a clear path to safety.

Do not stay in spawn of Origins after 4.

Do not upgrade the staffs using anything others than wind.

Do not play chicken with the Panzer, unless you have Boomhilda.

Do not assume there is another unharmed zombie available.

Do not take a quick break before getting ready for next round. It will happen before you are ready.

I'm done. Heading back to work. Enjoy your Thursday.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you are playing Origins a lot.

It's funny some of these things apply to me.

-Buying bowie before jug in kino. I thought it was one of the wisest things to do. Rewards you greatly in point making with v little risk.

-Stomping foot even if I don't know which foot it is, in the hope of escaping as soon as I know it is the wrong foot.

-Fudging with the panzer with MP40.

-Knife the panzer as he grabs you with his claw, Only time It gets deadly is when he drops me off in the middle of group of zombies that were chasing me.

-Fudging the panzer while training 20+ zombies near AK74u (box location) by Generator 3? Oh that dude drops right in your face, hello.

-Fulfill the box with souls even though I know that robot is about to clear it.

-Play through 15 rounds with no power and train in spots you haven't dreamed of was my favorite thing to do.

-Revive a group of people 100 times in Ascension in 30 rounds during a no perk buy back challenge when down.

What gutsy things have you done, in the past?

All this memories from Origins, makes me think were there any zombies maps that I enjoyed most that were as challenging and hard to learn? Call of the dead possibly.