What makes a character appealing to you?

I simple question, what do you find in the zombie universe, or any zombie story for that matter that draws you to a specific character?

With our BO1 heroes, we had four very distinct characters, all with their own attitudes and personality. With BO2s "heroes" there was much more mystery with each character, that has carried all the way to the end of the game, but along the way things were learned and with complied quotes, a dedicated fan can learn the personality of the new characters.

For me, I have always been a fan of the headstrong characters, someone who can keep a clear mind when things are at their worst, not necessarily a leader, but someone who you could see making it all by themselves.  

For example, the BO heroes were all loveable, but in the end it was Takeo that I was hoping to get before the match started. Yes he is pretty stereotypical Japanese but his quotes help flesh him out to be the strongest character in the game, mentally and physically.

BO2 was a hard one for me, but Misty was the one character that I could believe had made it so far into the apocalypse unscathed. She is hardened, sure of herself and even carries the teams morale through their journey to Buried, without her I think the distrust and rivalry within the group would have resulted in the same fate as those before them, the torch in the tunnel so to speak.

It's not even about relate ability, truth be told I would be nothing like Misty, or Takeo, probably more like the girl on Die Rise's television audio. 

So how about you? What attracts you to a character within a zombie apocalypse?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person who knows exactly what to do even though they don't like the odds.

Take the protagonist from world war z. (Forgot his name)The ending with him walking down the corridors after injecting himself. It's not like he had much of a choice. But he thought about it, and decided it would be best to take the risk of the injection and face the hoard. It'd be better than doing nothing and facing an uncertain death.

In our zombies story, I like Takeo, Simply because he is indeed headstrong. With Takeo, it's like nothing scares him.

Although I love the badasses as well. For me, Those include Dempsey, Danny Trejo, and Billy.

I'm not gonna lie though, I love Russman simply because I find him hilarious.

One of the greatest games of my childhood was called: Fire emblem: Sacred stones. I had the WORST regrets however in that game… See how it's set up is each character is given a story and and be persuaded to join your team (or some can), however all character's storys (save ethram and his sister's as they were the main characters) could end at ANY moment when they fell in battle. The death of some characters could negatively or positively influence some others as well, but at the end of the day I found it UNBELIEVABLY tedious to save everyone… 

I do not want this in zombies, I want all characters to become useful for the so-called "Final fight" in the last map of the last game. Everyone must play their part to the fullest, not fail long before… 

Ok guys: 2 Epic ideas for an extra game-mode in zombies: 

Elimination: 8 Players join in a game, everyone vs everyone. No one can be revived so if someone goes down that's it and they're kicked from the game. Last man standing wins. 

Deathrow: This is a very clever tournament type deal. One gets into a lobby on any given day, (I should note this can not be done with a random lobby, players must be invited into yours) say, monday. That day 8 players go in. Everyone is for the same team and surviving to complete certain tasks within the map (maps are depicted by the lobby's DLC availability). Once all the tasks are completed by a player (3-per player)  their purpose is over and they "move on" meaning they complete the map (moving on does not count as a down). 

HOWEVER If a player is to BLEED OUT they are eliminated from the competition and must try again the next day with a different group. The only other way to be removed from the match is if you do NOT accomplish your goals that day. 

Another thing: You do not need your team-mates to accomplish a goal, simply enter the map at any time (The day after you complete your latest day) and accomplish what one has to. With luck this will be easy for you, but note: More players= Better chances of not dieing. I should also mention if one is to lag out during a game they are NOT disqualified and can simply return to the match HOWEVER if one leaves they ARE. 

The goal is to have all 8 players complete their goal by the 7th day, because on that day there will be prizes for those who accomplished all their tasks on all their days, and a BIG reward for having everyone do it. But if one bleeds out, leaves the game, does not finish their goals, or does not show up for a day the ultimate prize is lost and one must try again. 

This game-mode is played with custom characters.

Some task examples: 

-Knife only: Kill zombies in this location

-Only use build ables in this location

- Retreive the ray gun and use it to kill zombies on these spots. 

- Fix the perk machine by finding it's parts and returning it here. 

- Re-calibrate the wonderifizz by hitting it and the box at the same time. 

-Let the PAP eat 3 of your guns

-Sacrifice a crawler upon this area with this weapon. 

Also if one fails, there is a grave for the rest of the days with the player's GT on it.