What do you want possible new characters in the next game to be like?

Everybody loved the original four no doubt but someday we will have to move away from them. Before then we need to tell Treyarch what we want next so they don't ruin the next set of characters. People did not like the New Crew (Though I did) Maybe because they were not well written and maybe because people weren't ready to let go of the others. For now I want you to imagine a clean slate. No story restrictions, no mention of old characters. These are the first in a generation, it is your choice what they will be like and how they will work in a new story. 

One of the key things I saw when surveying old characters is lack of emotion or reactions. Its a zombie apocalypse don't take pride in killing the undead there are many other emotions to feel. Also everything does not have to revolve around comedy (though having it in relevant parts is important) and can be serious sometimes. When we can bond to characters in such a way that if they were to die we would spend months in sadness only for them to return in the last map of a game after (Origins was a brilliant example of this) which is why the zombies team need to take a look at the opportunity they have and realize what they can achieve with 'Call of Duty Zombies'.

Thanks for reading any character suggestions or even improvements write them in the comments, I was going to create my own set of characters but I have saved them for a map idea being created soon so if the post seems a bit small that is why.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want characters that are important to the Story. People who can have quotes that explain what is going on. If I got a random survivor chances are they have nothing important to say. If I got a scientist from Group 935 chances are they will probably have something interesting or new for us. In other words No civilian Characters. I also want them to flesh them Out and not waste maps on unrelated topics. If you want to have celebrities in a map that's fine but also flesh out the characters using the location, the radios and perhaps have them involved with the Map. Do what Call of the Dead did Not Motd. 

Characters that have relevance to the story is what I would want. A student/teacher group would be cool, if it was at a map like Tranzit where you have the major map with the main cast and then the mini maps have the CIA/CDC groups. Characters that are members of The Flesh or Broken Arrow would be cool too. It would let us learn more about the groups that the N4 never really talked about.

You know one character that they have never done who just genuinely needs to be playable and yes they would be an obvious choice but that is the point. Maxis. His group doesn't matter as much as long as its new but Maxis is a perfect candidate, it also gives motives to maps where he is trying to save Samantha but putting others at risk.

I don't want any new characters. The Original 4 are perfect and I will accept no substitutes. The N4 were just the most annoying, most idiotic and most horribly written set of characters I have ever seen in a video game in my entire life. It just hurts to play most of the BO2 maps most of the time because of their presence alone. They are literally the worst playable characters to ever exist in the history of video games.

Treyarch should stick with what they know and what works. our old heroes.

Okay so I want you just to imagine an idea for the next game, we have exactly 6 maps (5 dlcs) to actually explain the story:

Map 1 (Disc): New set of characters with a nice depth who can be well received but there is a catch, they die in the end and we dont exactly know who they are or if they are in our story anymore. But they are good!

Map 2 (DLC 1): Next we have the O4 returning and going on more than just a quest like before, they are going to change things for the better. Maybe we even get a new zombie controller who we haven't met and can be an antagonist.

Map 3 (DLC 2): The New crew replace celebrities and they get a nice explanation, are actually redeemed and die in an honorable, fitting and all around well received ending. They also send the timebomb to Richtofen in one way or another.

Map 4 (DLC 3): Continuing the O4s adventures we begin to build up what there plan is and why they are visiting whatever the map is. Maybe we get a nice introduction to the ending of the story and start to venture into what they do between maps.

Map 5 (DLC 4): Now for all the community would know, this is the end. Our 4 characters try to retcon the story by obtaining the timebomb via a quest from the new crew map, but after doing a certain amount of quests and maybe even attaching the timebomb to the big ben? We actually reset the story and clear up loose ends.

Map 6 (DLC 5): We think the story is over, but then we get thrown into an explanation of the 4 characters from the first map and how they progressed the story. This would leave us wanting more story and wanting these characters.

Now I do not believe any of this happens and hope it doesn't but its just an idea of how to space out characters and change things. The reason it isn't indepth on the story is because its just an example.

I would love to see a zombie outbreak in a laboratory. One with scientist zombies. And the crew could be

1. A scientist who has nearly discovered a huge breakthrough in science.

2. A guard who is the new badass Dempsey-like character.

3. A politician who is there, discussing the breakthrough with the scientist, and how it will affect the world's superpowers.

4. The product of the scientist's work. A human, who is part zombie, but has control over his actions. Including his desire for flesh. Or maybe it could be a cyborg. Part human, part machine. Powered by 115.

Here's my set up:

Disc map 1: New guys introduced teenagers, one teacher, post apocalyptic, in a recovering world dominated by non-reich germany, america and the other super powers. They end up teleporting out of this map. 

Disc map 2/DLC map: The N4 make their triumphant return, revealing how they became preserved until the time of Disc map 1. 

DLC 1: New teens are killed off as they are secretly demons beyond their own knowledge teathering the ultimate evil to the living world (the teacher). After being slain their characters are replaced with the newly-awakened bodies of Samule, Misty, Russman, and Marelton. 

DLC2: Actors, lots-a-fun, end up in horrible paradox, forcing their own deaths upon them. Using their empty bodies as conduits, the O4 return to the real world in the bodies of these guys, richtofen reveals how their bodies will over time revert back to their previous molds (meaning they morph slowly after the map to look like they did on moon). 

Dlc 3: N4 are seen again, they end up traveling to the final location. 

Dlc 4: Both the N4 and the O4 are seen on this map, using a GTA style build able, one is able to swap bodies between marelton and takeo, russman and nikolai, misty and tank, and samuel and richtofen. Neither side dies here. 

Base Map - A map with 4 new characters yet you never learn their names. the events in this map are never referenced again but it's the actual setting of the Map that matters.

Secondary Map - A special map with Celebrities perhaps. Still connected to the Main story or perhaps a Story within a Story which sort of Explains how people in the first map are taught.

Dlc 1 - The same characters from the Base Map however they look different and they do not remember anything that occurred in the First Map. They are looking for Answers.

Dlc 2 - The New Characters go to another location in order further the Story from Dlc 1. They discover a few new things about themselves as well as re discovering a few Remnants of the Original Story which we played through in W@W and Black ops. 

Dlc 3 - A map with completely different characters except maybe one of the characters you have Played as before. A map that takes Place before the Base Map and Finally Explains who the Characters are and what their Mission is. As well as revealing How things got to where they were in DLC 1 and 2. 

Dlc 4 - A map that Ends the Current Story arc and Ties up loose ends as well as Opening a new doorway for a continuation. The Characters now know their Destiny and must make a Hard Decision. One Map to Link all Maps together.

@Black Hand Smith I like the idea of having 2 maps when you buy the game that actually hold a lot of storyline, the "hard decision" sounds interesting. Possibly today or tomorrow my first map idea on Cod Z will be uploaded and will have the characters I want to see.