Why won't Activision do this already?

Why doesn't Treyarch do the same thing they did with black ops 1 and come out with a DLC that's just zombies. It could be counted as that ever so secret 5th DLC that was found in the coding when Black Ops 2 first came out, plus it's just an easy 15 dollars for Treyarch from every person that buys the pack.

The maps can be decided fan wise, they just put a poll up on their website listing all the maps and allowing the users to vote for the 4 (or less) maps that would be included on the pack, or if they wanted to keep it a secret and just come out with the pack just to surprise us and how they would choose the 4 (or less) maps is going back and seeing what their users favorites are.

What they did for Buried, Mob of the Dead and Origins, they gave a new look to the HUD and changed the zombies appearance to the style of the map, they could just do the same for the maps that they chose and it wouldn't take much work considering that all they'd have to do is copy the map over, possibly remaster it (that part may take longer) and whatever else they might want to do with the maps.

This was just an idea I came up with, most of this community was probably thinking the same thing, but I didn't see any forums on it so I decided to make one myself. 

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because the black ops 1 maps have too much value because the original WAW maps were simple and easy. On the other hand, the black ops 1 maps took ALOT of time and effort to make. So it would be hard to transfer all that hard work into another game OR activision is working on it right now. :)

To re-sell the WAW maps would be un-profitable. To resell the BO1 maps would be too costly. To make new maps would drain too much from trayarch as it wouldn't earn them funding, many people have sold their consoles for the new ones, which don't have access to zombies yet, likewise, those who haven't aren't all going to fork over the extra four bucks for another map. Even then if they did that they would need to advertise it, which would draw away from ghost and advanced warfare sales. 

Our best plea would be to have trayarch focus on 2015 zombies, and leave 2012-2013 to rest. WIth the extra year trayarch has no excuse for anything we'll hate! 

Why doesn't Treyarch do the same thing they did with black ops 1 and come out with a DLC that's just zombies. It could be counted as that ever so secret 5th DLC that was found in the coding when Black Ops 2 first came out, plus it's just an easy 15 dollars for Treyarch from every person that buys the pack.

The maps can be decided fan wise, they just put a poll up on their website listing all the maps and allowing the users to vote for the 4 (or less) maps that would be included on the pack, or if they wanted to keep it a secret and just come out with the pack just to surprise us and how they would choose the 4 (or less) maps is going back and seeing what their users favorites are.

What they did for Buried, Mob of the Dead and Origins, they gave a new look to the HUD and changed the zombies appearance to the style of the map, they could just do the same for the maps that they chose and it wouldn't take much work considering that all they'd have to do is copy the map over, possibly remaster it (that part may take longer) and whatever else they might want to do with the maps.

This was just an idea I came up with, most of this community was probably thinking the same thing, but I didn't see any forums on it so I decided to make one myself.

Thanks for reading.

I read somewhere once that the reason they haven't remade the maps is because of something to do with the matchmaking engine. In Bo1 it has its own engine, but Bo2 uses the multiplayer matchmaker engine.

It wasnt quite as easy as copy and paste.

Not sure how true it is.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually pi$$ed at TREYARCH for releasing all these weapon camo packs in multiplayer.....

Come on TREYARCH, give us some new ZOMBIE maps!!!

Just don't make them fruity like DIE RISE, MOB OF THE DEAD, BURIED AND ORGINS...

You have to go back to that BO1 simple formula that everyone liked!!

Just my opinion

Edited by CBR_600_RR

I love how whenever treyarch tweets something about zombies people get excited and they think theres gonna be a DLC 5. Then there was that whole zombies collection fiasco that occurred during E3. ( renamed..National autism day)

I however would love to see treyarch re release all the maps, not for black ops 2 but for the next treyarch game. Make it a bonus disk only available with the care package edition, then later on release the bonus game as a separate buyable disk

To be honest they didn't even need to do that… 

Just to release some micro dlc game mode maps like grief die rise, grief origins, and grief nuketown… 

It could and would work, ESPECIALLY grief origins: Excavation area open, you fight as american solders or german scientist vs zombies. 

Die rise would have spawns separated between the two building's upper areas. 

Nuketown would be fully open and only have perks spawn in that ARNT the originals.