Calling all Vault hunters! Borderlands discussion thread!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy to play with you guys, but I most likely won't be playing XBL until Oct. 16th when they release the Mechromancer. Until then it'll just be me and my friend playing splitscreen co-op.

can't wait for the mechromancer. i'm going to get the season pass i think. didn't get any special editions, and didn't pre order (face palm)

• 2 weeks later...

I just started playing this game but im having a hard time killing monsters. I am an Assassin level 5 i think. Which character should i have started out with? I feel like my character is too weak and i lose health too fast.

they are all equally difficult to start with. just keep with it. gets a lot easier if you have people to play with, as they can provide you with cover support (commando & gunzerker) & health (siren). make sure to search every health machine for new shields, look for mods that have a recharge rate for your health - and invest in the bloodshed skill tree (the one on the far right)

Okay can someone please explain to me the gist of Borderlands and Borderlands 2? Like, how it works and whatnot? It looks really unique and original, but I don't want to invest 60 bucks into something I'll play for a week or so then never touch again.

It's a FPS RPG. Every character has different skills and perks specializing in different types of guns and playstyles. The closest game I have played I can compare it to is Dead Island but with crazy guns and enemies. There are many quests and sidequests to go on, too. If you like any RPG you will like this one. The humor is great and the number of guns is amazing. When you start the game you'll feel a bit weak, but as you get better skills and weapons the entire thing is fun. Handsome Jack is easily my favorite antagonist.

I highly recommend the game, playing it with friends is a blast. I have never played the first Borderlands, but I got the second on launch because my friend said it was good. It is now one of my favorite games.

Here's one of my favorite Handsome Jack moments:

7SfDiD8tUT8

I just started yesterday, playing as the Mechromancer. I have to say she is the best character in the game by far. Her BFF skill tree (left/green side) is the best skill tree for her and DeathTrap. Both her and DeathTrap are unstoppable, once this is upgraded fully.

Every kill DeathTrap gets gives him longer duration, plus he copies the shield you have. If you have the shield 'The Bee', you and DeathTrap will be the best killing squad out there. I dare you and your friends to all use this character class. You'll have an army of robot minions that will do nothing, but eradicate all that stand in your way.

Anyone wanna play i'm a level 50 commando XBL moshpitmeltdown, hit me up just got the new dlc and need to beat the new raid bosses .....

my highest is a 42 Mechromancer. I'll be playing today so I'll friend you! I have the captain scarlett DLC as well.

yeah I did spend a lot of time killing flesh stick to level up my mechro :o

although something far more important has come up...

PSA FOR ALL BORDERLANDS 2 PLAYERS: Viral "Graveyard.sav" Infection can Permanently Delete Character Data

What is graveyard.sav? What does this have to do with me?

When you get hit by the glitch that turns your save into graveyard.sav, upon entering FFYL and then subsequently dying for whatever reason, you will never respawn. You die and go into a free roam camera. If you try to load another character, dashboard, restart your xbox, etc, your save data is completely gone and there is no hope of recovering it at that point, as it is renamed graveyard.sav and is missing the majority of the data it once had.

What?! How did I get this?

As stated above, the glitch originated with the modding community and may or may not have been accidental. It spread from there, and it passes from the infected player to all other players in the game with said infected player. At this point, it's a terrible chain, and chances are it passed to you through some randoms.

But I don't play with randoms! I play with my friends only

Do your friends play with randoms? Have any of you ever had somebody come into a game and trade you anything? It's easy to spread, unfortunately.

How can I get my character back?

Once your save file has turned into graveyard.sav, you cannot get your character back. Too much data has been lost at that point, and it is far beyond salvageable.

So how can I prevent this, or save my character if it gets effected later?

If you want to prevent this, you have to make sure you're not playing with randoms, and that everybody you play with isn't playing with randoms, AND that it isn't currently effecting anybody in your group. Along with that, MAKE FREQUENT BACKUPS, and if you are on 360, do not backup to the Cloud, as it will sync with your HD saves and your backups will be overwritten, apparently. Memory card or USB drive is best.

If you get hit by this and recognize it (free roam camera, no respawning, etc), you can salvage your save.

1.] Quit (it'll tell you you cant save, thats fine, hit quit without saving)

2.] At main menu, hit Continue

3.] Load up, hit start, hit Save and Quit

If you salvage your save in this way, and then continue to play, the next time you die, it will happen again, and you must repeat the steps above. I highly recommend following the above steps and then NOT TOUCHING THE SAVE after that. It's a logical assumption that due to how this is done, Gearbox will likely be able to remove the "infection" from any effected files with the patch once they get it out.

For the time being, best be fit to play offline - and to tell your friends the same. Don't play with friends who play with randoms. If you play with your buddies, MAKE SURE they haven't had anything funky happen to them before you join in their lobby or vice versa. This is being coined as a "viral" bug meaning it's spreading like wildfire. Gearbox Software has not issued a hot fix yet, but I assume they are working around the clock to do so.