Top 5 Best and Worst theories of all time

The following is a list of  Theories which have been listed as some of the best theories and some of the worst theories. Some of the best theories have been proven wrong however they are still very good theories. The worst theories are all some of the worst things that have somehow caught on. so let us begin with the Top 5 WORST theories ever....

Number 5

Misty is Dempseys Daughter- This theory although seems right to some new players is actually completely false. For starters Even Misty says that she saw her father die. Thus it could not have been possible at all..

Number 4 

Ferguson is the entity inside the Pyramid - Some people actually believe that Ferguson is the all mighty entity in the MPD. How they came to believe this is beyond me. Could Ferguson be the Announcer in MOTD? Perhaps yes due to the cut quotes. Could Such a Minor character Like Ferguson be the Entity? Hell No.....

Number 3

Bus Route B - Bus Route B is an infamous theory in which some believed there to be 2 bus routes. If you look at the back of your Black ops 2 Box you will see the Bus going the opposite direction this fueled the search for fools gold. Some believed you needed to use the Nav Card due to the word Nav matching up to Navigation. This effort was futile but Using Nav cards was not a bad theory. If only people had looked at the map selection screen and realized if it wasn't on the map the it's not in the actual Game.

Number 2

Marlton is Dead - With the Die rise Reveal Marlton was not present in the trailer. Then they show off one of the zombie models and BOOM everyone actually believed that Marlton was dead. Even though Treyarch doesn't kill off any one single character from one map to another ( they have never done it and still haven't done it) People still assumed he was dead. The theory may debunked and no on believes it anymore but stupidity never truly dies...

Number 1

And the Award for Worst theory ever is.....

The Playtime Theory - A theory that spread around youtube comments in which people believed that Maxis had a plan to make The zombies real just because Samantha and Eddy wished for it.......This is by far the worst theory ever conceived and I rate it 5 face palms out of 5. When you actually read the theory out loud it feels kind of stupid all of a sudden doesn't it?

Now for the Top 5 Theories

Top 5 Best Theories

Number 5

The Comic book of the future - A good theory is that the comic book we read in the loading screens is actually from the future which depicts the events that led up to the apocalypse. According to the theory The zombies storyline is a new form of religion in which men and women of the future believe this to be the truth. They believe that the apocalypse happened due to technological Advances and humanity was not able to cope with it. Whether or not the events truly did happen the way they did is left a mystery that may never be proven false or truth.

Number 4 

Shangri-la is Roaming - It is an obscure theory but a theory nevertheless. The belief that Shangri-la actually moves from place to place like the mystery Box is a decent Theory since it would explain why the location has never been discovered before. It would also explain the Shangri-la Loading screen which depicts the temples being Moved elsewhere. Part of the theory was that The focusing stone which was used to teleport maxis to griffon station was the cause of the Jungle swapping locations. Maxis is sent to the Moon, The focusing stone is put in the temple in Maxis's place and thus the teleportation energy allows the jungle to switch locations.

Number 3

The Zombie equation - A somewhat new theory States that 115 does not cause the undead. Or at least it does not cause the undead alone. The concept is that 115 + Element x allows the formation of zombies. Without Element X it can do nothing. One such Example is in the Shangri-la Mines where they dug for 115. The people were exposed long enough to have collected massive amounts of 115 and then suddenly one day they became zombies. The 115 took quite a while to take effect before it actually did anything so what was the holdup?  Could it be that The element required a missing part to the zombie equation? For now we may never know....

Number 2

The Orgone Theory - A theory that goes back to call of the dead. The Vr-11 Is powered By orgone and 115. Orgone is life energy which is used to open the MPD. This life energy can be found in all living things including zombies. However zombies smaller amounts of orgone energy thus they can not reason and they can not think. This is the same concept as why a mouse can give a tiny bit of orgone to the MPD yet a Human or a Zombie Produces more than a mouse. The theory states that When the undead are given more Orgone they will begin to revert back into Humans. This is why the VR-11 turns them back. It reverses The effect that 115 had on the undead. Powered by 115 yet produces Orgone.

Number 1..............

Ley Energy- A Forum member once theorized the possibility of Ley energy being the cause of the Time pockets in Tranzit, Die Rise and Buried. His Theory was that there is a dormant energy known as ley energy which get stronger the more exposed you are to the center of the earth. This same ley energy is sometimes theorized in real life to effect such areas like the Bermuda triangle. The Base of the Theory is that when the rockets hit the earth it ripped open an enormous crater near each of the 3 areas, Nevada, China, and Africa. Because of the craters the Locations were exposed to massive amounts of Ley Energy thus causing the time disruptions. The largest breach of Lay energy was caused in Africa and was referred to as the Rift. Due to the massive amounts of Lay energy being exposed this pocket of time was not only able to stop time or bring in a Mechanic bus Driver such as ted into the pocket, It was able to bring an entire town and cause it to materialize underground. 

So now it's your turn. Have you ever heard a really really BAD theory? What about a really Good theory? Share them in the comment section! Lets try to find all theories big and small, good and bad.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the topic of the Vrill ya and their possible influence definitely belongs in here. The elongated skull in shangri-la suggests that the vrill ya may have been present, along with the other clues from other maps(I.e. Vrill device, golden rod, pictures of golden rod in Der Riese). It's also not to be forgotten that the nazis were obsessed with the concept of the vrill ya/vrill energy, they even had a "Vrill society". They also had a female only sect called the "Vrillika" (spelling?) who would grow their hair to the floor because they thought they could communicate with the inner earth dwelling beings (aka Vrill ya).

The shangri la on Mars theory was also one of the greats. Was actually one of the reasons I joined this site, so I could weigh in.

Nice list overall Smith, although I know some of it is based from the last forum you were on ;)

• Administrators

Very nice list indeed. There is nothing better than refreshing all the theories we've heard over the course of time. Hell, even the "worst" ones are still theories to be considered none the less.

About the Element 115 though: sure, it may be true that it wasn't only 115 which created the zombies. What must be understood, however, is that Element 115 does not instantly turn a person into a zombie. Rather, it actually does nothing until that person dies. Upon death, the 115 acts as a catalyst for re-animating the dead cells. Thus, a zombie is born. Being exposed to it has several side effects which are well known, such as paranoia and schizophrenia. None of them involve dying though. 

By that standard, you could die by heart attack and still become a zombie. There is a very special case in which something extraordinary happens when not fully dead, but still being zombified. In example, look at George Romero in Call of the Dead.

I fully agree that the Marlton is Dead theory was silly right from the get go, and I felt a sort of satisfaction when the trailer came out showing Marlton himself. Probably one of the worst theories I've heard is the Two Earths theory way back from Moon. This theory was caused by the skybox glitching out and showing the blown up Earth on No Man's Land. Lots of people immediately thought that there were essentially two Earths, which wasn't true in the slightest, at least not to me.

I can't really say what the best theory is, though. There have been so many in the past five years and I just can't name one. Most of them have been really good, actually.

I wouldn't say the Marlton is dead was a theory.

It'd be plausible if he never appeared in Die Rise, but don't forget, for the Die Rise/Revolution trailer, we only saw like 20 seconds worth of footage as well as a Marlton lookalike zombie.

It was most likely Treyarch trolling us and to get a bit of discussion regarding Marlton's absence/zombie lookalike to maybe bring a bit of hype to the DLC.

I remember having a convo with some people on Xbox about how if you died in Die Rise, you may become a zombie, a bit like Turned. (This was BEFORE the DLC came out, don't judge me.)