new zombie DLC

Lol, remember when that "die rise" leak came out and it has TEDD in a cowboy costume and a wagon?

Apparently, a Treyarch dev recently confirmed that was actually the genuine planned DLC1 and was scrapped and replaced by Die Rise due to the communities reaction to Tranzit. It was on Moaning Camels Twitch stream, and I am sure you could probably find it easily enough if you tried.

The dev said the map would be set in a farm area, but they scapped it in December and ended up going with Die Rise which was a map idea by Alex Romo (SparkyMcSparks). He had already mapped around 70% of the map as a side project.

I cannot guarantee this as fact, but I can't see why the dev would lie, and there is supporting evidence on Sparky's site to suggest it could indeed have been the case.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa. Whoa, whoa. Mob happens to be thegoldenspork115's favorite map. Whatchu talkin' bout?

Personal OPINION...  not trying to offend anyone!!

I personally didn't like any of the BO2 zombie maps other than TRANZit and NUKETOWN....

I just think that these new zombie maps TREYARCH has made are catered for little kids and the World At Warcraft community rather than

die hard ORIGINAL cod zombies players like myself.....

They have changed it to much and added to much fairy tale BS....     PERSONAL OPINION

Lol, remember when that "die rise" leak came out and it has TEDD in a cowboy costume and a wagon?

Apparently, a Treyarch dev recently confirmed that was actually the genuine planned DLC1 and was scrapped and replaced by Die Rise due to the communities reaction to Tranzit. It was on Moaning Camels Twitch stream, and I am sure you could probably find it easily enough if you tried.

The dev said the map would be set in a farm area, but they scapped it in December and ended up going with Die Rise which was a map idea by Alex Romo (SparkyMcSparks). He had already mapped around 70% of the map as a side project.

I cannot guarantee this as fact, but I can't see why the dev would lie, and there is supporting evidence on Sparky's site to suggest it could indeed have been the case.

wow that's really fascinating!  Damn good thing the community reacted like they did.

It makes me think that wouldn't it be an intriguing concept for treyarch to release free (yes I said free) Post-DLC season maps.  Wouldn't be overly complex maps, or even polished, but would include new ideas or concepts.  Basically like a beta.  Anyway, my thoughts behind that are two-fold, 1) it would help quench the communities' insatiable thirst for new zombies, and 2) it would give them the opportunity to hear community feedback on new concepts, and hopefully avoid a stinker like Tranzit as a main story/disc map

Well, I know Treyarch have promoted Moaning Camels (NoHandedGamer) streams several times and have had devs in there before talking or playing with him and this dev said that the DLC 1 map that would feature TEDD on a tractor was actually all but finished but they scapped it and went with Die Rise at the last minute.

That would mean the map is still out there, and if that was the case it would have been nice if they finished it and released it, even if it was only as a source file on PC. Shame as I actually think it sounded a LOT better than Die Rise.

Same game modes or new?

It would be a wise decision to make more modes, for people like me that just enjoy the cooperation of zombies. I've never liked the other modes for that reason, too competitive, also exploitable.

I really wish there were randomized goals per round, for a set number of rounds sort of in the way of Ghosts side game. Getting off topic but still a good idea, no more maps for now, just small content to pump some new life into the game, I'd probably just buy it because it was new, even if it were more competitive modes.

Well survival mode is in there too. 

Well I guess I can't change your mind, but what I can say is that your thought process is likely not the same as the majority of codz.

Not sure how to take that, but alright. To me survival mode on BO2 is a little more entertaining than the competitive modes, but not by much, with the exception of NTZ.

The more I think about it, it would just be wise to end every DLC run with a content creator for maps. That way they can keep their sales on company made maps and then release the tools for players to make maps, or download player made ones.

I got the idea from playing Trails Evolution, the player made tracks on that game are in all honesty, much much better than anything from the main story's maps.

Edited by Tattoo247

They'd do that except for a handful of things: 

-Up til the new engine infinity ward kept another zombies production tool system from being developed. They may still not be able to release tools due to this. 

- People could re-create maps for free online so one didn't have to pay for DLC. 

-People could (easily) create better maps then trayarch. 

You're right on the first two, I actually hadn't thought of recreating older maps, it still wouldn't be genuine but I still see the point. But in the case of PC users, do they not buy DLC because they can just make the map on WaW? I think it would still work considering your points and finding ways around them.

I know that was a half arsed reply but I got busy xD

Edited by Tattoo247