Interesting question

He can be describes as an antagonist through his acts in-game, but regardless of this, he is still a main character in the game, possibly thee main character, so that classes his as a protagonist no matter how you choose to look at it.

His actions are also not his own, seeing as his madness stems from his prolonged exposure to element 115. He is seen as a normal enough person in Origins, and over time his work with 115 and then touching the MPD saw his mind warped. I also still feel his actions were those of a lesser evil than Maxis' were (so far anyway...).

Either way, I see your point, but there is no denying he does fit in line with the description of 'protagonist'.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I would agree in WaW and Black Ops he would be considered the protagonist. He is an Antihero yes, but the protagonist nevertheless.  Often times in literature these two roles (protagonist/antagonist) combine and enter a grey area.

Samantha/Maxis/Zombies would be considered the antagonist until the events on Moon, regardless of Richtofen’s agenda.

Not sure if you are familiar with show Dexter, he is both the hero of the story and a serial killer. You can indeed have both.

Is Eddie, from the Origins ending cutscene, Dr. Edward Richtofen?

I would say yes.

As for the cutscene itself: i think it perfectly captures what zombies is: each map another play time story that, while based on certain familiarities, is just a map by map telling of a child's tale. Unconcerned if it meshes or makes sense with the last.

Origins was Sam's turn to make the story, tomorrow (waw? Bo1?) Is Eddies turn.

No offense to homosexual folk, but to an adolescent heterosexual boy, nothing is more funny than homosexuality, given the raging hormones that are telling you to like girls even though they are girls, and the conundrum of homosexuality in their minds.

Well, that's my take; just kids making up shit as they go along.

Better way to make non-homogenous ends fit than the way Lost wrapped up...