Difficulty Levels Added in Latest Xbox Patch

Bh6PHoACMAAHEE0.jpg

In Solo and Custom games, you can select new difficulty levels. Regular is the standard that we've been playing since launch. I've been playing around with Hardcore and I'll update on what I find.

-Damage dealt is increased. Running the Do Less Damage will bump it up to regular damage.

-Skill Points can ONLY be earned through completing challenges. You do not get a point for destroying a hive.

-Stronger Cryptids appear earlier. Had two Hunters on the second hive, and 5 Hunters on the third.

-Seekers will appear almost infinitely during some waves.

-Ricochet Friendly Fire is turned on. If you shoot your teammate by accident, you'll take damage.

-Rhinos and Scorpions seem to have more health.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played 4 player multiplayer custom game for Nightfall in hardcore mode and I gotta tell you I seen the stars. It is extremely tough and it is my new challenge. We made it to 6 hives with randoms and Hive 1 itself seems dead hard.

Here are some tips I got from the player that has beaten it with 4 players.

1 player does ammo, and other does armor.

Other players simply feed them money to throw out armor and ammo because money is so limited.

Ghost is now available for DEMO this weekend on 360, if you guys feel like playing, let me know and I will download.

• 2 months later...

Haha, friendly fire? NO thank you.

When my friend and I play against bots, i always want ff on for the realism. He wants to shoot through me and use me like a shield, so he wants it off.

I just like the realism/challenge of not killing your buddies.

In Extinction, i can't see it being too bad. I don't usually shoot through my teammates in extinction.

Shrug.

Acually went for a 1 Relic Hardcore PoC run and i found out ALOT.

I hadnt actually seen gameplay but now i know that...

- No Skill Points for Hives, Only Challenges

- Seekers start spawning the 2nd Hive in

- I didnt manage to get to the end because i took 4 STRAIGHT downs on the last Hive because its totally Chaos

but what i wanted to find out was, is there a score increase at the end of a game because its on Hardcore?

Either way i really like the Difficulties and Chaos Mode, it really brings life back into Extinction and gives me something to do 

untill DLC 3 for Ghosts is out.