Der Riese: Fast Low Rounds (To 50)

DER RIESE : FAST LOW ROUNDS

Hello people of CoDz, I am Awful Lawton, and although it has been nearly 5 years since this game released, I am here to (hopefully) share some of my low round strategies for every map. Although I do not have a youtube to post a strategy video, I will detail everything you need to know for Der Riese here.

STARTING OFF- ROUNDS 1 to 10

Round 1Just stab to kill all 6 zombies. It has been the same basic formula since Nacht.

Rounds 2-3: During round 2, do the best you can to save your pistol ammo (stabbing 2x). If you headshot the last zombie, it may induce a drop. Save it.

During round 3, shoot each zombie 8 times, and stab twice. When out, stab three times. Now, you must make a choice. You can either go to the thompson room and buy it, or go to the box. This guide assumes you pick the latter (going to the box.)

Rounds 4-1st dogs: Go turn on the power, and hit the box ONCE. This will allow you to get jug+speed cola as quick as you can. Kill every zombie until you get 2500 points, and double back to get jug. If dogs are on 7, you can get enough points to buy Speed cola too. On dogs, use any spare points to buy betties if you can. If not, use the weapon you got out of the box.

To round 10: Continue camping where you have been, stopping to get jug and speed cola if you haven't. For now, this setup is all you need:

An LMG

An Assault Rifle (I like AUG)

Betties

Jug/Speed Cola

ROUNDS 10 to 50

Round 10 to 20:This is where the strategy to 50 begins. For now, you camp the tommy room, using your LMG/AR/Etc. to kill the zombies. It would be advised to PaP this weapon during these rounds, leaving crawers to set the teleporters up. Also, you should return to the box in an effort to get these weapons:

The Wunderwaffe DG-2

The Ray Gun (Dogs/zombies while they're still weak.)

Monkeys

Dogs (10-50, midround): Ray gun them, its as easy as that.

Rounds 20 to 50Although I said round 10 was where you began the strategy, round 20 is where the fun begins. In Layman's terms, while you pull the trap, killing at least 10 zombies from rounds 20-30 (and then increasing), you use the wunderwaffe/ ray gun combo to kill zombies in the room. This strategy is extremely fast, allowing one to hit round 50 in approximately 75 to 90 minutes. (The WR holder for fastest 50 is 77 minutes by THEZOMBIEPLAYA). Also, you MUST PaP the waffe and ray gun to avoid running out of ammo. Once you do, you start the high round strategy, known as the KingJaq Strategy.

What you should have at 50: Approximately 20000 to 100000 points, and the FG42/tommy as your point gun.

CLOSING

If you guys like this, I may do this map's high round strategy, along with some more low round strats. Enjoy!

-Awful Lawton

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice.Im gonna give you brains for this.This is my favorite map,and the one ive been playing the most lately besides NML.

I would change a couple things.Id recommend camping power with raygun & waffe combo from 10-30,although I havent got a flawless 30 doing this yet (though Ill be attempting next time I play).Then open door to last teleporter(I would already have first two linked) and link it.From that point either just run KJ strat (ive never run the original version) or camp tommy using your techinque to 50.I wouldnt camp power if u decide to stay there longer past 40 or so,can G-spawn.WINGS has a video of this.Yes WINGSOFOBLIVION.Ik he mods.When would you say its safe to start running KJ strat.?

TAMB: 50 is when I start running the Kj strat. everyone: I want to get myself a pvr/elgato to get CoDz users back into the WR discussion. (I also need a new blops 1 copy, my old one eventually wore itself out.) Overall, yes I definitely do want to be a strategy guy too, but not like Super (I looked up to him before he got found modding)

TAMB: 50 is when I start running the Kj strat. everyone: I want to get myself a pvr/elgato to get CoDz users back into the WR discussion. (I also need a new blops 1 copy, my old one eventually wore itself out.) Overall, yes I definitely do want to be a strategy guy too, but not like Super (I looked up to him before he got found modding)

I got an elgato nd things for Christmas.Although Im on ps3 wanna maybe,idk,work together sometime.?

I love seeing these types of posts. I always try to analyze and apprehend the reasons behind certain moves.

With that said, I like my set up better because it better fit my style of play. I do however, run the Thompson as you pointed out, but with the top debris closed. I stack claymores in the fume room as emergency escape to buy time, as well as by the steps.

Very well done, hope to see similar tutorials in the future.

I love seeing these types of posts. I always try to analyze and apprehend the reasons behind certain moves.

With that said, I like my set up better because it better fit my style of play. I do however, run the Thompson as you pointed out, but with the top debris closed. I stack claymores in the fume room as emergency escape to buy time, as well as by the steps.

Very well done, hope to see similar tutorials in the future.

you stack claymores?

Good strategy, this is what I do for my speedruns. My only problem is I never know when to hit the box doing this because doing it mid round is too risky and leaving a zombies is too slow I hate leaving zombies and even on dog rounds there is not enough time.

Yeah, that needs to get worked out. If I ever get to stream , you guys have to see instakill rounds on der riese. They are INSANE. More than what you see from the WR's.

Where do you go for insta kill rounds? I had an idea of camping type 100 with type 100 upgraded.

Instakill rounds? A 179 I did (no footage from game), had me trying to camp tommy room/dt ledge to get as many kills as possible, only dropping when dogs got in the way. I lost all 3 QR's doing this from 163 to 177, then died on 179. When I get a pvr/elgato Kingjaq's record is what I'm eyeing. That T100 strategy would work Jbird, but how fast would you be able to kill dogs?

Instakill rounds? A 179 I did (no footage from game), had me trying to camp tommy room/dt ledge to get as many kills as possible, only dropping when dogs got in the way. I lost all 3 QR's doing this from 163 to 177, then died on 179. When I get a pvr/elgato Kingjaq's record is what I'm eyeing. That T100 strategy would work Jbird, but how fast would you be able to kill dogs?

I was testing it, dogs only take about 5 shots max with the upgraded type 100 so you just focus on a dog when it spawns in.

If you don't mind, I would do my strategy to stack against yours. If nothing else just to hear others critique my version.

Camp in first room until round three.

Pick up Gewehr to rack points.

Round three hit chest 2 times and knife.

Round four hit chest 3 times and knife

Round five hit chest 4 times and knife....you get the gist.

I camp until overrun then open the first door. Overrun then the next door, and slowly move toward power.

By 5-6 I have enough for power and jug.

Camp in power until I have 4250 for next door and Bowie.

Afterwards from the jug side I cross the bridge pass double tap and camp in that room above Thompson. With both door and debris closed, zombies only come thru the window. Whenever between rounds I pick up bettie and Thompson, and speed cola.

I basically camp there until mid-late teen, or until get bored.

From there I set up rest of the game by PAP my pistol for Mustang and Sally and camp in Thompson room like you proposed. With M&S as my main killing weapon I completely ignore box until 30s.

Sure it is dangerous but also fun. I believe my highest solo is 37, co-op 36. Fast and furious.

One of the main problem with producing strategy threads is that there isn't much left which is original.

The original strategy in this thread has been around for a long long time now.  The one Jay has posted has as well, although more people would call that a glitch.

The main problem with Der Riese and speed is how lucky you are with the box.  To limit where you open, and quite rightfully if you are doing a speed run (and all WR's should be speed runs) means the box can't go to particular areas etc.  Ideally you want monkeys and either the Ray Gun or the Waffle before the box moves, and then go and camp where-ever the box goes and keep hitting it until you get what you want.

Ultimately, however you start, the fastest place is as the OP states, in the thompson room.  And you need the door back to spawn open to take advantage of the trap.

I don't want to discourage people from writing out their own strategies, just be aware that more than likely someone else has already done it and written it or put it on YT.

Hey Layton, I understand that entirely.  I know for a fact that that particular strategy has never been posted and written on here.

You also mentioned that someone else (playa) had run it, so you were giving credit.  My point was more an overall about why there is such a lack of strategy now on the board...most of it if not all has already been done.

I know you said you were going to put out all your low rounds and I really think you should, as I'm sure some has not been posted here before, especially the fast starts.  Die Rise for instance......do that one mate!!!