Why Are We Attracted to high rounds

High rounds are something that we all have either experienced or seen. For some of us we enjoy getting to high rounds, for others they simply enjoy watching others achieve high rounds.

Why is this? Well from my perspective where I am a high round zombies player I see it as a way to test my abilities. The higher I get the more I am able to determine what my level of skill is on that map. It allows me to see where I can improve from previous mistakes, it also allows me to have a goal to aim for. When I play I have a personal best which I try to beat along with the top 10 for that map to try and get into. The higher I get the more I want to achieve even higher.

Why do we enjoy watching high rounds? Well going from my perspective once again, I like seeing other people being able to achieve high rounds along with it giving me more goals to try and reach, I simply like watching high rounds because that's what I do I play high rounds.

If you have an opinion on this topic please comment, I enjoy seeing over people's opinions.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

High rounds tests your endurance, commitment, and strengths as a Zombie player. There's something about pounding hours and hours into one match just to satisfy that "Hmm let's see how far we can go in one run". It also shows your strengths & weaknesses when you're on your own. It doesn't mean you're 1337 or anything; it just means that you can hold off for large amounts of time on your own. Beyond Round 70-ish, it's all the same song and dance.

• 2 weeks later...

i like the race up the leader-boards when a new map drops, but after the initial buzz i begin to not care about high rounds. I then play for fun, or variety in game-play: head-shot competition using weapons i don't normally take, playing in new/harder areas. Unless I am specifically playing a high round game or trying to help someone beat their record the boredom kicks in anywhere between round 20 and 35.

The attraction comes from one's love of zombies and killing. One continues to improve rounds until one is over run... The satisfaction comes from accomplishment....

Personally the satisfaction comes from the Easter eggs.... Compleating those is what I live for, and simply firing the wonder weapons! What fun you can have appart from your main goal!

Don't procrastinate later! Procrastinate NOW!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's pretty much the only goal, short of doing easter eggs, which is definitely not why I keep playing the same game over and over.

As someone who has played since a little after Der Riese first released, I just seen the game as wanting you to get as far as you can, most people deny their limitations and that's why some of us push so hard from anything to games, to real life achievements.

Part bragging rights, part proving to yourself you're better than you can show, and I guess part of it is just the love of the game, not many games that I play if it's the same thing every time, zombies is the same thing every time, but it still feels different.

I enjoy seeing a friend on my list get the number one spot in rounds, it gives me something to beat. I don't even look at the leaderboards on public, I see what my friends top out at, and I try to beat them, it's competitive, yet makes you a better player and keeps the game fresh, usually when I beat someones round, it kicks them in gear to go back and try to top mine, just friendly competition which is always cool.