Solo Origins - how to setup for high rounds (Dahniska style)

Dahniska

Very impressive Dahniska. I can see that the spawn in ridiculously fast, and the time it took to finish is at least 30 seconds faster that the semtex.

I will try this tonight and let you know how it goes. Good job man. :D

Thank you very much! Yeah I noticed the spawn was fast too when using the spot to kill trains so I decided to try camping and presto! It was even better. Rounds stay pretty fast even as they get higher. Once the spawns max out at 64 you will be spawn trapping (this only counts the spawn within the radius of the blizzard, at least 3 spawns) like 7 - 10 zombies per shot. Insanely fast.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. Gotta be careful though - this strategy is really easy to die doing. Be ready to turn to the wall with your shield on your back at any time. :P

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck and let me know how it goes. Gotta be careful though - this strategy is really easy to die doing. Be ready to turn to the wall with your shield on your back at any time. :P

Gave this a try tonight. Got to round 86 and took my first down, and foolishly it was to be the end of my game after taking Electric Cherry from the wunderfizz machine on 75 by mistake and despite saying I would down myself at the end of a round and let it go, I kept ending the rounds without managing to keep one and it cost me.

The down I took on 86 was a trivial down that I could have easily avoided, and aside from that one mistake, it was actually ridiculously easy to camp AND train behind the tank station. Was not even playing serious and I got to 86 in roughly 6 hours. Did not beat my 88, but I am safe in the knowledge that I WILL beat it using that strategy.

Nice one man. :D +1

Gave this a try tonight. Got to round 86 and took my first down, and foolishly it was to be the end of my game after taking Electric Cherry from the wunderfizz machine on 75 by mistake and despite saying I would down myself at the end of a round and let it go, I kept ending the rounds without managing to keep one and it cost me.

The down I took on 86 was a trivial down that I could have easily avoided, and aside from that one mistake, it was actually ridiculously easy to camp AND train behind the tank station. Was not even playing serious and I got to 86 in roughly 6 hours. Did not beat my 88, but I am safe in the knowledge that I WILL beat it using that strategy.

Nice one man. :D +1

Good to hear. You will get that 100 before you know it. You must avoid that Cherry though, it is evil in Origins. I actually would rather spend 20 minutes chasing the Wunderfizz than take Electric Cherry.

On my side I'm playing some other maps but I gotta admit I'm spoiled by how fast the rounds go in Origins. Die Rise next for 100? I don't know.

Yeah, I normally avoid Cherry like the plague, but it was mid round, and it was also my 8th perk I was grabbing. I ran past and picked it up thinking it was flopper. I knew it was going to cost me eventually. Still... I think I could do 100 using that strat easy enough, so yeah... I think I will get that 100 eventually.

I have also been messing around on Die Rise looking for fast strategies. Fastest to 60+ I know of is camping down in the key corridor with a packed AN and the sliq. Actually a HELL of a lot easier than I thought it would be. Watched 5and5 do it and he cruised it.

Tried moving from there on 60 straight to the noodle bar and play it out kiting the zombies and using the sliq. Made it to 66 and got kicked, so need to go back and re-do it again at some point. Tried doing MotD again a few days back, but once you are set up on that map, it just get's ridiculously boring. No true fast strats on that map it seems.

Yeah, I normally avoid Cherry like the plague, but it was mid round, and it was also my 8th perk I was grabbing. I ran past and picked it up thinking it was flopper. I knew it was going to cost me eventually. Still... I think I could do 100 using that strat easy enough, so yeah... I think I will get that 100 eventually.

I have also been messing around on Die Rise looking for fast strategies. Fastest to 60+ I know of is camping down in the key corridor with a packed AN and the sliq. Actually a HELL of a lot easier than I thought it would be. Watched 5and5 do it and he cruised it.

Tried moving from there on 60 straight to the noodle bar and play it out kiting the zombies and using the sliq. Made it to 66 and got kicked, so need to go back and re-do it again at some point. Tried doing MotD again a few days back, but once you are set up on that map, it just get's ridiculously boring. No true fast strats on that map it seems.

You will get it soon enough. Hit me up sometime for a co-op game as well - you saw I added you on XBL. ^^

Die Rise I usually camp on the escalator to unpatch the Sliquifier, but once that's done... I never considered the key corridor, may try that one later.

Mob is terribly slow. I got my first 100 there but the map is rather gay. If it wasn't for afterlife it might be one of the hardest. No fast camping after 35, slow killing overall and no boss rounds. Plus, the Acid Gat likes to bite you in the foot. Eh...

Yeah, I quit out of my round 67 on MotD through boredom and never really tried again after that. Might try again at some stage, but I remember the 60's being 10+ minute rounds, and that just put me off going higher. It's as you said... being spoiled with these fast camping strategies is ruining other maps.

I have heard others unpatching the Sliq, though I have never actually done it myself. I don't play enough of Die Rise to be honest. You need to shoot the White sign behind the noodle bar or something, right?

I used to do the escalator, but you can get from 2-60 in roughly an hour and a half in the key corridor, so it is a lot quicker to be honest. You can get to 80 in 3 hours if you are lucky.

Yeah, I quit out of my round 67 on MotD through boredom and never really tried again after that. Might try again at some stage, but I remember the 60's being 10+ minute rounds, and that just put me off going higher. It's as you said... being spoiled with these fast camping strategies is ruining other maps.

I have heard others unpatching the Sliq, though I have never actually done it myself. I don't play enough of Die Rise to be honest. You need to shoot the White sign behind the noodle bar or something, right?

I used to do the escalator, but you can get from 2-60 in roughly an hour and a half in the key corridor, so it is a lot quicker to be honest. You can get to 80 in 3 hours if you are lucky.

What people mean when they say unpatching the Sliq is this: remember when the map was first out? When you shot with that weapon, it would just make one puddle of goo on the ground. Now, zombies constantly drop more goo. If you camp on that escalator for like 30 rounds or something, not sure exactly (the BS Zombie might know, he plays that map more), the gun no longer makes zombies drop more goo on the ground after the first one. It doesn't fix the nerfing of the Sliq's kill power but it helps for training, which helps in the long run a lot.

You have migrated here DBZ?...

I will share some of my strategies I have posted on activision.

The best place to train to 100’s is at GEN2 tank park, because not only can you kill a train (24z’s) but also get a few that are in spawn… (24-30+ z’s) with one charge which is hard or impossible to do in any other location. Without counting additional spawns using ice staff you will kill approximately

90/3*24=720z’s

Now about camping… the fastest camp spot on this map is at GEN1 behind the spawn door, but both doors must remain closed, GEN1 door and the door between GEN2 and GEN1, the catch to this spot is you will be locked in, you can not leave until you have no other choice, in a solo game it will be sometime after 70, in a team 60. You will kill about 400-600z’s with full ice staff, which is very good imo for a camping spot. I would usually open GEN1 door for escape route.

The next fastest camping spot is at GEN2 but not by MP40 lmfao, it is by the workshop door next to the dig that spawns there, the door at GEN2 workshop must remain closed and the door between GEN2 and GEN1, ride the tank to get out. This is very good team camping spot because if someone does go down you can exit this area unlike the one above. You will kill about 400-500+ with full ice.

Now I usually keep all these 3doors shut (GEN2 lock down) until we decide on a strategy around them, you have a few options here…

1. Get set up and camp at GEN1 until you have to open GEN1 door, then you can take advantage of GEN2 camping, note that other 2doors are still closed.
  2. Camp at GEN2 and open workshop door when out of ammo etc, then use the GEN1 strategy, note that other 2doors are still closed, from here if you need to move you will have to open GEN2 door to the generator, leaving you with one door closed at GEN1 where you will return to camping later, another words you take advantage of all 3 doors as escape route.

So what I was trying to describe is, GEN1 camping spot is the fastest but you will be locked in here and the only way out is to open one door which will kill the strategy, GEN2 on the other hand is just as good and you can always get out using tank or opening GEN1 door at spawn.

GEN1 Camping spot.

pastedImage_0.jpg

GEN2 Camping spot.

black-ops-2-origins-zombies-mystery-box.

Edited by boybad

You have migrated here DBZ?...

Yeah, been over here for the most part. CheeseGrater is here now too! :D

I knew of both spots you are referring to (Behind Gen 1 door & the spot beside the wheelbarrow), but after trying them both in in the past, I found that they barely shaved much time off compared to camping behind the tank station (as you said in the past over on the ATVI forum), and after trying it again tonight in a practice run have decided to stick with that one. It means I can open up the whole map if need be.

Built the shield at the workshop and it went well. Planning on putting it into practice properly tomorrow. Should comfortably make 100 I reckon.

The tank station is definitely the best overall spot.  Hoarding especially gets you up to 36 zombies with one shot.

With planning you can get to at least 96/7 with no real ammo issues using a combination of knights and the ammo drop every other round when you don't move the box.

Here is my video of what I think is the best way to run it, including how to best use insta kills and to deal with the panzer.

And the same thing just a few rounds higher.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting this, man. My theory has always been the general " get it done as fast as possible" method.. lol But you put it into round by round objectives and managed to get everything done earlier this way. I wish I read this before doing my solo easter egg run finishing on round 34, barely. seriously, I would have been so dead if it wasn't for the PAP'd Ray Gun Mkii and monkey bombs(decided to replace the beacons due to ammo reasons) not to mention the perfectly timed instakill. AND the Maxis Drone. lolol yeah none of that would have been needed if I had read this first. Great info here!

And agreed. Camping spots kinda take the fun out of maps sometimes, primarily next to jugg in Buried or on typ of the bank with the Paralyzer. It makes getting to round like 40 so easy, then once it gets to hard to camp there, you decide to start training, then you realize how long it takes without camping, so you get bored and you decide to quit. It happens.

Well this only occurs for camping without the paralyzer. WITH the paralyzer, you just stand in one place pressing RT/R1 over and over again. Which is something i never do cuz it just isnt fun to me.