Leaderboards for 2 and 3 player games.

This is well known to many, and a mystery to most. I did not see it posted, so I post it. If I'm just blind, then remove this post.

These work the same, I will post the 2 person way and you will do the same for 3 player leaderboard run. Except that only 1 player will need a guest account.

2 man: each player signs into his account. Each player signs in a guest account on second controller.

Get public match, ready up all. Watch/wait for host migration. Then the round will start to count down. As soon as you hear the beeps of the last few seconds, both of you sign out the guest controller before the countdown ends.

You need to see both guests gone from the lobby before the load screen appears or it will hang up and fail. If you do it way too early, the game may put randoms in your lobby.

Have no fear, this is quite easy to master. And then you can post 2 or 3 man leaderboard stats.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very effective method. I've used it several times when I did 2 player high round game. It is an UTTER shame that treyarch has limited us with 4 player games or solo games and us players have to go through this workaround.

MrRoflWaffles once told me of another sweeter way to do this. Simply start a 4 player game even if you want to do a 2player and as soon as the player search starts upload a youtube video this will almost entirely stop the player search process and make it ridiculously slow, mean time you both can ready up and the game starts. Remember to change the preferences to "Best" connection, this also slows down player searching feature in public lobby. Remember to cancel the upload as soon as the game starts to avoid lag.

It is really dumb that treyarch included separate leaderboards for 1,2,3 and 4 player games but made no easy way to start a 2 or 3 player game and have it count on the leaderboards. When the game first came out I figured it was an oversight that would be fixed in a patch but here we are almost a year later with no fix. :(

• Administrators

Mess around with your search settings to get what you need. If it's set on the normal option, then it will take either connection and try to pair you in a lobby so you can get a game in. Making your NAT strict also gives you the chance to do 2 or 3 player games (given that you're in a party).

Mess around with your search settings to get what you need. If it's set on the normal option, then it will take either connection and try to pair you in a lobby so you can get a game in. Making your NAT strict also gives you the chance to do 2 or 3 player games (given that you're in a party).

We never had an issue with this in private matches for BO1. Why fix something that's not broken?

• Administrators

We never had an issue with this in private matches for BO1. Why fix something that's not broken?

Well they changed the setup for lobbies in BO:II so we're forced to use different strategies on how to get an X-player match. Yeah it's Treyarch's fault for removing a perfect system, but we have no other choice unless they make a big patch for it.

The ONLY thing I could think of when I ask myself why they removed private matches and force you to play 4 players is to save money by forcing players to play in a four person lobby reducing the amount of servers needed. Sounds stupid, I know but I can't think of any other legitimate idea on why they made the decision they did.