Reimagined Through The Eyes Of One's Future Self

EvilHERONeos

Now, the cinematic intro continues to support my theory of THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL BEGINNING. We've time traveled SO much, that even the so called Origins is not all that it appears to be. Guns used by the Germans are wrong while eviscerating the site, the zombies (unless controlled by Maxis) appear to have Sam's contribution WHEN she isn't even supposed to be born yet, and if I remember correctly, there appeared to be extraterrestrial things within the intro (the ruins early in the beginning of the video). And why i'm calling this topic,is because either Sam (if that's the case I don't know why she's talking in third person at the end) or something else is more probably than anything, retelling this based on how it is from all the time traveling. Maybe something so evil and/or so extraterrestrial for the O4...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't plan on playing Origins for a while on PS3 when it DOES come out because the matter of I don't want to hear 5 year olds talk about how they love the new characters and how they will complain about how World War stuff should only be talked about in "boring History class". But still.

Origins: May be effected by the button we pressed....

Yeah... no. It's a prequel, and after pressing the button the blinking and such of the EE resets.

Why does everyone and their mother assume that the lights re-set it means it's over? Think about it:

If you push the button for richtofen and you got your reward, then died, wouldn't you want the same award again? They reset everything for the replay-ability value... Otherwise one would have to complete all the easter eggs again for maxis, and then do the same again for richtofen... It's still possible the next map can be effected by the button....

Heck, Samantha is in argartha, where did maxis want to open? Argartha.... Who's telling the story of origins? Samantha....

Origins: May be effected by the button we pressed....

Yeah... no. It's a prequel, and after pressing the button the blinking and such of the EE resets.

Why does everyone and their mother assume that the lights re-set it means it's over? Think about it:

If you push the button for richtofen and you got your reward, then died, wouldn't you want the same award again? They reset everything for the replay-ability value... Otherwise one would have to complete all the easter eggs again for maxis, and then do the same again for richtofen... It's still possible the next map can be effected by the button....

Heck, Samantha is in argartha, where did maxis want to open? Argartha.... Who's telling the story of origins? Samantha....

Would I want my reward again? After those Easter Eggs... hell no. I think it's over, and even if it's being told by Samantha I don't think that would have any effect on the map.

The phrase prologue to the epilogue is a contradiction in semantics and terms. It is literally impossible.

A prologue to the epilogue is identical to saying a previous one to the subsequent one, i.e. the current one. But the current one is not a prologue, epilogue, previous, nor subsequent. So no matter what, it simply doesn't work.

What you are thinking of is more of a re-imagining through the use of an alternate timeline. We do not know how this will unfold, but such a possibility would be the best, in my opinion. Therefore this is not just a prequel map but rather the future interfering to change the past. Therefore, the future never happened, but it is not without meaning, for without the original timeline the altered could not exist.

The phrase prologue to the epilogue is a contradiction in semantics and terms. It is literally impossible.

A prologue to the epilogue is identical to saying a previous one to the subsequent one, i.e. the current one. But the current one is not a prologue, epilogue, previous, nor subsequent. So no matter what, it simply doesn't work.

What you are thinking of is more of a re-imagining through the use of an alternate timeline. We do not know how this will unfold, but such a possibility would be the best, in my opinion. Therefore this is not just a prequel map but rather the future interfering to change the past. Therefore, the future never happened, but it is not without meaning, for without the original timeline the altered could not exist.

Very good point...fixed.