Storyline concern

With the MANY topic discussing the final map, I believed we've reached the conclusion this will be a prequel map.... But what does that mean for the rest of the storyline?

If this is a prequel map, chances are it will have 0% to do with the button... Meaning maxis will have taken over the aether for nothing and same for richtofen because you can't continue on that storyline...

IF there is no closure now.... Black ops 3 will have a mess on it's hands... If one sided with maxis, how will it know? There's no achievement for completing either side, and there's no other way to games could read that info... The only solution would be for trayarch to waist time and money on making two maps (or two versions of the same map) In BO3....

Also the theory that what we do in this map will "erase" the timeline of WA, Bo1,and Bo2 by making so it never happened is an awful idea.... There would be no REASON to delete all that time... Unless whoever's side you DIDN'T choose in buried ask's the O4 to return and simply end it all.... Meaning this would be the last zombies map... Ever.... Staring any of the characters we know and love.... Which im sure no one here wants...

Or

Maybe the mysterious "dlc 5" may turn out to be a micro-transaction map that will shed some light on things...

Idk.... Tell me what you think....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be similar to the final DLC in BO1.. If you didn't have the focusing stone and Vril device, you couldn't do the Big Bang Theory.

If you haven't pushed the button, you cannot complete this egg. Outcome may vary by which side was done on the first 3 maps.

There will not be a DLC 5.

There was supposed to be a fourth DLC for Call of Duty: World at War, but it was cancelled because it would have been released too close to the release of Modern Warfare 2.

In the event they were planning to release a DLC 5, it would be near/after the release of GTA V with the next generation of consoles right around the corner.

That being said, season pass only covered 4 map packs so they would have to rely on people buying the map pack and not any of the cash from season passes. The map pack would sell horribly (in CoD terms).

There was supposed to be a fourth DLC for Call of Duty: World at War, but it was cancelled because it would have been released too close to the release of Modern Warfare 2.

In the event they were planning to release a DLC 5, it would be near/after the release of GTA V with the next generation of consoles right around the corner.

That being said, season pass only covered 4 map packs so they would have to rely on people buying the map pack and not any of the cash from season passes. The map pack would sell horribly (in CoD terms).

You didn't listen at all....

Micro-tranactions are not counted as DLC thats why season pass holders are given the promise of 4 dlcs and nuketown zombies, the "dlc 5" would be a micro transaction too...

Although I see your point, trayarch has NOT made the best business decisions at ALL this year (and certainly not storyline wise)... SO i wouldn't be surprised to see this....

I feel like there won't be a Black Ops 3. However, if 3arc did make one, I'd imagine them do something like what Bethesda did with Daggerfall and combine all endings together. Though I don't see a possibility with that with Richtofen and Maxis' situation. But. They are Treyarch, who knows what they'll do.

I feel like this will not be the end, but, as it will be sometime before we see a zombies map again, they will look at what they have done and go, "What went wrong? What went right? What needs to be done?"

And also to the gentleman/lady that said pre-ordered people would be pissed if there is a DLC 5, did they not get Moon and the songs for free? back in Rezzurection, when they were supposed to be the only ones that got the WaW maps? I have this feeling if there will be a DLC5 Those who preordered and/or have a season pass will get the pack discounted.

You didn't listen at all....

Micro-tranactions are not counted as DLC thats why season pass holders are given the promise of 4 dlcs and nuketown zombies, the "dlc 5" would be a micro transaction too...

Although I see your point, trayarch has NOT made the best business decisions at ALL this year (and certainly not storyline wise)... SO i wouldn't be surprised to see this....

Yeah Treyarch has not made the best business decisions. The fuck?

A billion dollar game with mass season pass + DLC profits. Are you 10?