Any Kingdom Hearts Fans?

Ehjookayted

• Administrators

And that's why everyone who is into the series got upset after hearing about KH:chi - Japan got the goods on this. I'm fairly certain that it's not terribly integral much like Coded initially was, but just adds filler that could be figured out for the next major release. You got a keen eye about the keychains modeling after Master Xehanort's. Intriguing and good catch!

I'm currently playing the first Kingdom Hearts and after 13 years, I finally beat Riku/Ansem. Thank you, Aeroga and Glide.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

My copy is apparently in Indianapolis right now. Only have one class tomorrow, so other than studying I'll be doing that all day when it arrives.

I've got the game pre ordered and everything. I'm not going to play it for a few months weeks though >.>

Aw yeah, we've got a new guy. Sucks that you can't play it for awhile, though. Stop by and tell us what you think after playing it whenever that may be.

My copy is apparently in Indianapolis right now. Only have one class tomorrow, so other than studying I'll be doing that all day when it arrives.

I've got the game pre ordered and everything. I'm not going to play it for a few months weeks though >.>

Aw yeah, we've got a new guy. Sucks that you can't play it for awhile, though. Stop by and tell us what you think after playing it whenever that may be.

I mean, I've played KH1 KH CoM GBA KH CoM PS2 KH2 KH1.5Remix  and beat them all on proud mode / expert like 10 times lol

I mean, I've played KH1 KH CoM GBA KH CoM PS2 KH2 KH1.5Remix  and beat them all on proud mode / expert like 10 times lol

But I mean, this is the Final Mix version. Plus, from that list you haven't played BBS yet.

I guess just come back to discuss whatever.

Triple post, but I don't care. Here are my first impressions up till the first Hollow Bastion visit in 2.

-They fixed the spelling issue in the opening of the japanese version of 2.5's II final mix. It no longer says "scatt red dream"

-Roxas looks way better in all aspects. His battle grunts have also been changed to a mix of his and ventus's grunts.

-Very subtle movements seem to have been added in some facial animations. Also, the "paper face," looks way better in this game than in any other

-Most of the models of even semi important character's seem to have been improved slightly.

-New cutscenes in 2 are pretty great. I think there's been 2 already.

Roxas's section was slightly boring this time, but I think that's more due to me having to keep my sound relatively low due to my roommates.

I'm not going to have much more time to play this during this week due to finals next week, so this may be all for awhile.

Update: Up to Olympus

-There seems to be some graphical glitch that gives the characters an orange tint. It actually looks quite good

-Holy crap, there's a lot of text dialogue in this game

-The remastered music is fantastic, and is an improvement in almost every way from the original, and is redone better than 1.5

-Leveling Valor form is easier.

-critical mode is soooo hard, but sooo fun.

-Absent silhouettes seem to unlock early on. At least, Zexion does. Haven't fought him yet.

If I get my work done fast tomorrow, I'll try to play tomorrow. That'll probably be my last shot for the week. Just want to show my roommate the Pirates' world.

Update 2: Up to Pirates

-Fought Zexion. Got wrecked. Unique fight, though.

-He's a Pirate sounds amazing remastered

-Most of the textures in Pirates are complete shit, with the exception of the character's faces.

-Oh yeah, the puzzle collectible is kinda cool.

Aw man, that sucks big time. Hope you get it ASAP.

I played a little more today.

-Finished Port Royal. I take back all textures looking bad. It's really only man made structures. Isla de Muerta looks great. Also, the undead pirates look fantastic in their skeletal form.

-Before finishing, I tried Larxene's Absent Silhouette. I died in 1 hit. 

-The gummi ship mission going through to Halloween Town and Agrabah has the best gummi ship music ever. It sounded good in the original, and sounds even better here.

-Halloween Town has amazing textures. It's really got the movie's feel down. Christmas Town is similar in that regard.

-Christmas Town's music is rather loud... it kind of drowns out character voices in cutscenes.

-Sora's Santa outfit is awesome. I would go back to that world just to be in that costume.

-Got to Twilight Town before finishing the disney worlds. Kairi's character model looks alot better, IMO. 

-Got limit form. Used it twice. Might be OP, idk. I just want dodge roll.

-Oh yeah, fuck Atlantica still. I do not want to have alot of finny fun.

That was basically the extent of my playthrough today. Also did some of 100 Acre Wood, which was nice. 

May I also say, not having second chance or once more yet is making critical mode a real pain. Hope I get one or the other soon. Lexaeus's battle is also open it seems. I haven't tried yet as I know I'll get wrecked much like wiith Larxene unless I have the a fore mentioned skills.

• Moderators

So I started off with KH2 and I finally made it through Roxas' section. I swear it always feels like 10 hours. haha

I am really feeling the nostalgia vibe though. :3

Quick question for @ZombieOfTheDead , @Rissole25 and @ and anyone else who plays KH. How do you guys rate the english voice acting? I mean it is kind of a silly question since it is the one you always heard but I seriously feel like the german voice acting is far better than the english one. Hayner, Pence and Ollette just sound bored all the time and the others don't blow me away either. The only voices I like so far are from Namine and Kairi and even in those cases the german voice acting is a lot better.

This may just be the nostalgia talking but I feel like that.

• Administrators

@Lenne To some extent, the voice acting is great in English. But perhaps that's because I've personally grown accustomed to hearing the voices fit the characters, that's I never really paid too much attention to it (especially since most of my fond memories were as a kid). Now that I think about it after replaying KHII...the voicing I didn't like in Twilight Town were Seifer's group, much how I didn't feel too thrilled about KH's Sora although that was vastly improved in KHII.

If I had to give a number rating overall, I'd say it was an 8/10. Disney and FF characters being played by their original voice actors? Hell yeah! Original characters? Ehh I felt that the older titles were far too corny and I could see why KHII had slightly-offset voicing.

@Lenne

It really depends. The consistently best voices seem to be Roxas, Riku, most of the organization 13 members, the other villains, etc. Like @, many of the older titles are far too corny when it comes to voice acting. Just wait till the lion king world. "Call me mister pig," and then everyone laughs for no reason.

Hayner, Pence, and Olette had some decent voicing. They sounded like typical teens to me. Plus, they didn't have to deal with putting the cheesy heart stuff into words.

Also, slight update for my game play time

-Marluxia is a fun fight as an absent silhouette

-Roxas's fight is HARD

-Beat the game and cavern of remembrance

I decided to take a break from KH2 and start up BBS. The touched up character models look excellent. Not much else I can say as of yet.

The only problem I had with voice acting was with Final Fantasy characters. Just because voice acting in games was sorta new back than, and that was the first time I heard a character from FF talk. Squall (Leon) and Cloud I was surprised with but they fit now since I believe that is their regular VA now. Everyone else I had more trouble digesting but got sorta use too. I still don't like/am weird about Cid, KH1 Sephiroth, Aerith (I can't remember which one I didn't like), Vivi.

Disney characters are great though, as well as Ansem the Wise. I also loved KH1 Ansem but its a shame the actors changed.

Oh yeah I was weird with Roxas at first because Jesse McCartney, but he fits perfect now. I am actually surprised and amazed at the voice cast and how many famous and well known actors are in it.

So, game's been out a couple weeks now, what does everyone else think?

I'm still playing BBS now. Just got Aqua left. I really haven't noticed any changes yet, but I have to say that the new character textures are fantastic compared to the old. Also, platinuming this game is going to be far, far worse than any of the others so far, simply because you have to fight Young Xehanort and No Heart 3 times. One for each character, not to mention the ice cream mini game thing.

For 2 Final Mix I beat Mushroom XIII and got the bronze crown, but the data replicas are ridiculous. I've only beaten Demyx (who was a pain to fight, surprisingly) and Marluxia (still the most fun boss IMO). I have no idea how I will ever beat Terra's Lingering Will at this rate. Beat Sephiroth, though. Thank god for limit form.

Re:coded movie was painfully slow. Much better as a game. 

Oh yeah I was weird with Roxas at first because Jesse McCartney, but he fits perfect now. I am actually surprised and amazed at the voice cast and how many famous and well known actors are in it.

Yeah, I felt the same about Jesse. Ironically he's one of the better voice actors in the game IMO. It is pretty cool that they got so many cool people. Too bad they don't end up keeping some of them (Billy Zane and Christopher Lee).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I still don't get why it takes so long to enter a drive form. :C

Other than that I am realy enjoying my time with the game. Haven't even beaten 2 yet though, but I'll try to make some progress this weekend and then finally start with BBS.

Archived