For the Future: CoDz Twitter, Threads to Watch

Ehjookayted

Hello all, and welcome back! As you all know, the site has a twitter, found here: https://twitter.com/CoDzombieforum

Follow us there if you want to stay up to date on the forum's status!

Anyway, if you'll notice, the twitter has over 73,500 followers, over 4 times more than users on CoDz. A lot of people see what we tweet. Big threads get even bigger if tweeted out. We have some of the best discussion and theories on the web about zombies, and we keep things clean and leak free. I think more people need get familiarized with CoDz love, and you guys can help!

Introducing:

Threads to Watch

If you see a thread that is well-written and has lots of good information that encourages discussion and zombie talk, post it here, PM it to me, and we'll tweet it out. Obviously, these threads still have to be reviewed, but if you think it'll pop and it's one of the best threads you know, make it known! Essentially, if you see a great thread and think over 70,000 people (some of whom may even join the site) deserve to have access to it, let us know.

On a serious note: we all know COD: Ghosts is coming, and that means another Zombies' dry spell. However, we survived and thrived during MW3 through great discussion and community. I hope that this thread can build that discussion and community over the coming weeks and that you guys will be able to participate in this and share some great threads with over 55,000 people who aren't even on CoDz.

Let's do this!

Ehj~

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, love it. In general I think increasing Social Media activity and using it more effectively will only benefit the forum itself, there's great potential there.

Now there'll probably be more of a 'waiting' period for dlc4. When it's released, not only will we have great some strategies/dicussions and (EE) find threads, but also reflection threads for Zombies as a whole like 'What were you're thoughts on Blops2 Zombies' etc.

Also do you guys have an official Facebook page?

Can I make a suggestion that we update our Twitter picture? It's over two years old. We need to keep that picture updated.

I second this. Perhaps a logo design contest among our users?

Interesting idea. We'd have to have some sort of generic guidelines:

- must include "CoD:Z" or "CoD:Z Forum"

- must be 81px x 81px

- ... (any other guidelines anyone can think of?)

The winner will have their design showcased on the CoD:Z Twitter (obviously), and a special shout-out tweet? I mean, the prize itself is simply having your artwork displayed to all of our followers - but should their be a secondary prize (like the "shout-out", or something else?)

- must be 81px x 81px

The winner will have their design showcased on the CoD:Z Twitter (obviously), and a special shout-out tweet? I mean, the prize itself is simply having your artwork displayed to all of our followers - but should their be a secondary prize (like the "shout-out", or something else?)

Perhaps have the winning logo on the forums for a selected period of time?

Too bad CoDZ doesn't regularly do something like monthly contests with a special Medal giving to the winner. Otherwise said medal could've been an option.

Just to give the winner some recognition not only on the Twitter account but on the forums aswell.

Can I make a suggestion that we update our Twitter picture? It's over two years old. We need to keep that picture updated.

I second this. Perhaps a logo design contest among our users?

- must be 81px x 81px

For the pixel requirements, it's best if it was YxY and greater than 81, meaning that it could be 400x400.

The only size requirement is that it should be under 700 KB. Just make sure the image is square. Also, the shout out can be either your twitter or youtube. Does that sound good?

If these are okay with all staff, we can start up the actual contest page.

Then I would suggest that the contestants upload two separate images of their logo. One in the original resolution and one resized to the requirements. Also in terms of the contest itself, perhaps let our users vote for a top three or five, then let the staff ultimately decide which design will be crowned winner.

- H