Ghost House Finally Figured out (I think.......)

TheBSZombie

Ok so there has been a lot of confusion on how the Ghost worked. This is how I think it works.

There are two reactions when entering the Ghost House. These are the mini-boss round and the regular witch house. I will be talking about both.

Mini-Boss Round

This will happen every 5 rounds. You will know that you can activate it by looking at the yellow lights in the windows. If they are on, then you can activate this round.

# of Ghosts- This is solely dependent on the amount of players and the amount of zombies in the game. Here is the equation I have came up with. "Amount of Players in the House" + "Number of Zombies alive before entering the house" = "Amount of Ghosts that Will Spawn"

Why do I say amount of players in the House? because when you are in the house, only one Ghost will spawn for every person inside the house. This will be explained later.

How did I get the second part of my equation? Well in the patch notes it talks about zombies turning into Ghosts. The direct quote is below.

Zombies who turn into ghosts now enter the Hedge Maze properly.

So from that and my past experiences, I have concluded that if you have 1 zombie left when activating the mini boss round, then 1 Ghost will Spawn. If you just start the round and all 24 zombies are alive, then there will be 24 ghosts spawning in.

So if you were like me and thought it would be a good idea at the start of the round to run to the house and get your free perk as soon as possible, think again and wait till the end of the round if you want to save your points.

Option #2

A non-mini-boss round

Say you want to pack a punch or get back to the spawn or just get to the maze in general. Well the only way to do that is to enter the house, unless you are the friendly AI of course. If you want to save points then its best to know how it works. Well good news for you is if you are the only player in the house, then only one witch will spawn. But lets say your whole 4 man team wants to go PaP. You need to do this slowly. If all 4 of you enter the house there will be 4 Ghosts chasing you and most likely take some points from at least one of you guys if you don't kill fast.

New post located here http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=34186

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that's totally right. I think the number of ghosts is also dependent on how fast or slow you get through the house.

There are lots of specifically placed invisible spawn barriers, and ghost spawns. If you cross over a spawn barrier, it then moves the ghost spawn back further into the house.

For example, if you just enter the mansion and stand on the stairs, a ghost will just keep coming forever from around a left corner spawn. Or if you run through the house and kill them from a distance, you can skip spawns, reducing the total number of ghosts.

I should have mentioned that in the post. When you enter the house the ghost will spawn . At a certain point, if you kill her she does respawn like you said further into the map so you can't just run through. BUT, if you don't kill her and don't run away from her, then she will never respawn. But as soon as you leave the house then that ghost that respawns stays there.

this is unrelated, but the thought stemmed from what was mentioned in OP about the friendly guy. if he is holding a zombie or what not, can the big guy ever get in back of the mansion and into the hedge maze? and if so has anyone tried feeding him candy at the Pack-a-Punch machine? any effect? just hadnt heard anyone mention this at all

• Administrators

For every ghost that you kill on your own, one spawns. If you are near one of their spawn points after you kill one, they do not spawn there but the next spawn point. Here are some of the locations from what I know:

- corner near front door chandelier (left)

- corner of Double Tap II room (right)

- corner of bedroom (right)

- hallway behind bookcase

- doorway of bedroom corner after hall (left)

- corner outside of bedroom (right)

- bedroom near botanical garden (left)

That's just for going in the first time. If you train them around a bit, you may get up to two ghosts at the same time (for going too slow). It's much easier to not sprint and take one out slowly. Be prepared for tight corners because they will be awaiting you once you turn.

When you leave the mansion after killing one in the house,

you'll go near the maze and usually two of them will follow you out (given there was at least a 3 second gap from when you killed the ghost to leaving the small garden). This number does not increase as you go into higher rounds; rather, you will need to pour a few extra lead into them.

For every ghost that you kill on your own, one spawns. If you are near one of their spawn points after you kill one, they do not spawn there but the next spawn point. Here are some of the locations from what I know:

- corner near front door chandelier (left)

- corner of Double Tap II room (right)

- corner of bedroom (right)

- hallway behind bookcase

- doorway of bedroom corner after hall (left)

- corner outside of bedroom (right)

- bedroom near botanical garden (left)

That's just for going in the first time. If you train them around a bit, you may get up to two ghosts at the same time (for going too slow). It's much easier to not sprint and take one out slowly. Be prepared for tight corners because they will be awaiting you once you turn.

When you leave the mansion after killing one in the house,

you'll go near the maze and usually two of them will follow you out (given there was at least a 3 second gap from when you killed the ghost to leaving the small garden). This number does not increase as you go into higher rounds; rather, you will need to pour a few extra lead into them.

Are you talking about the boss round when you get the perk or when you are just walking in there to get through to the other side? If you go in during a boss round its related to the amount of zombies left so yes you could get more than one ghost at a time, but if you go just to get to the other side, only one ghost will spawn in at a time

The witches during a boss round do not equal the number of zombies.

One zombie left and there will still be notmany witches. They infinite spawn (afaik) until you leave the house.then there are only a few to kill, but not just one.

Note that they often get stuck under the back of the house by the half-tree or they get stuck in the corner of the wall by double tap. So you often have till go hunt for the last one.

Another glitchy cod, another buggy zombie map...that we love.

Ok I guess I wasn't clear enough. The amount of zombies that are alive once you go into the house during the mini boss round is the amount of ghosts after you leave the haunted house. Yes there are an inifinite amount of witcheswhile you are inside the house but after you leave to go get the perk bottle. I THINK that the amount of ghosts you kill is related to the amount of zombies. Let me go test :|

I went and did some testing solo. I was right for the most part but wrong in the tiniest of things. SOoooo, im going to upload the stuff I feel that is needed to show that Im right and then type up a whole new post tomorrow. Il try to be as detailed as I can since I have problems doing so.

I understood your intent. I may be wrong also, but if i have one zombie left, i think that there was more than one witch outside the house. I believe the number increases at higher round, even if there is only one at first. I will trust your findings though as i have read your posts before. Like me, you try to share info and get it right. I love that. Happy testing.