Hell's Redeemer Glitch or Nerf??

I was playing a game of Mob of the Dead Solo and got my hell's redeemer without any trouble. I was holding out on the bridge due to how easy it is to do so, but I encountered a problem when Brutus spawned. In every other game before, I could throw my redeemer at Brutus twice to kill him quickly, but when I threw my Redeemer at him it went through him. I tried at least twenty times with several different Brutuses and every Redeemer went through them and caused no damage. It killed the zombies fine, but Brutus was unharmed. After a while the Redeemer would hit Brutus, but only if I threw it at a zombie and it then chained over to him. Even then, it had a tendency to stay away from Brutus when chaining.

Was this a glitch or did Treyarch nerf the redeemer to make Brutus more annoying and difficult?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only guess (besides glitch) is the retriever/redeemer has a calculated amount of hits and perhaps it goes through Brutus because it's already fixed on the targets it plans to hit? That's the best I have. 8-)

Possibly except that it goes through him when he is the first target of the tomahawk. It sounds like this is just a glitch like a figured. I was afraid that Treyarch was trying to make Brutus harder or something and updated Mob of the Dead with the a nerf, but thankfully not. Thank you everyone for your answers!

I think they nerfed it. They definitely messed with the Redeemer-Brutus relationship, and the Redeemer doesn't seem to have the chaining range it had before. Maybe it's just me though.

I still think it has a max of 6 kills. I found out that aiming at the lower part of the zombie that you are trying to hit will give it a better chance of it hitting that zombie first. I have had multiple times where a redeemer has gone straight through a zombie's chest that I was aiming at. Now that I aim at the feet/legs it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.