Hells Retriever by Round 5 (Guide)

I had something similer for solo but only worked at round 6...*goes to try make stratagy for stuff on map*

Same here, I thought I was the shizt because I could get it on round 6 :lol:

I'll be changing my beginning strategy starting tonight because of this guide :) one round can make a big difference and who knows I might figure out a round 4 update 8-)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the retriever on round 3.... Yea im a badass :roll: but I don't even think there is a point in getting it then. its 60 points a kill and that is crap in the starting rounds. If you guys want I can make a solo guide but in my opinion I rather do it later and get jug instead.

here is a guide if you want the retriever and jug and other stuff early: Best Solo Strategy

Read that thread and instead of buying the tommy gun, save your money and ride the gondola back up and go to the wardens office and buy the door to double tap.

I just personally don't prefer this strat because now you can't camp there till the late 20s which makes this map so easy.

Just got the retriever on round 3.... Yea im a badass :roll: but I don't even think there is a point in getting it then. its 60 points a kill and that is crap in the starting rounds. If you guys want I can make a solo guide but in my opinion I rather do it later and get jug instead.

here is a guide if you want the retriever and jug and other stuff early: Best Solo Strategy

Read that thread and instead of buying the tommy gun, save your money and ride the gondola back up and go to the wardens office and buy the door to double tap.

I just personally don't prefer this strat because now you can't camp there till the late 20s which makes this map so easy.

Did you get the retriever on round 3 playing solo or MP? The earlier the better I think just because first, it makes getting the redeemer that much easeier and two, I still have a tough time at the docks dog head, it's such a tight spot and I usually come in through the door next to the table which makes it that much harder, but is better than opening the gate by juggernog don't you think?

Did you get the retriever on round 3 playing solo or MP? The earlier the better I think just because first, it makes getting the redeemer that much easeier and two, I still have a tough time at the docks dog head, it's such a tight spot and I usually come in through the door next to the table which makes it that much harder, but is better than opening the gate by juggernog don't you think?

It was solo so I was able to use the laundry room to my advantage :) Because of the laundry room I believe that its easier to do it earlier solo then in multiplayer. I come from gondola so I wouldn't know anything about opening the gate or not. What I do advise is that if you are playing multiplayer, then have somebody up top with jug. That way your buddy thats feeding the dogs can do it without worrying about the top. And if a zombie does fall down, they can just call it out.

And yea its easier doing it early, and I don't advise trying to do the zombies 1 by 1 past round 5, but even if you get it early, the soonest you can get the redeemer is round 9. 6 rounds to get retriever and all 5 parts and retriever, and then the 7th round on the bridge to get the second afterlife sound to get the redeemer. and then round 8 you have to throw the retriever into the pool of lava and then on round 9 get the redeemer. I like to rush stuff, but on this map I kind of like to take it slower.

:P

:roll:

:mrgreen:

Thats how you may interpret it as, but I interpret it as this.

:P sticking my toungue at you / what little kids do

:lol:

there really aren't any sarcastic faces that say im joking

But, I did try to take your advice and make a guide on the fastest way to get the redeemer, but the fastest you can possibly get it solo would be round 12. I got to the bridge with the retriever on round 5. I stayed there just using the retriever every round and never got the sound so I never left. I then heard it at the end of round 10 so Im pretty sure you can't get it before then solo

But, I did try to take your advice and make a guide on the fastest way to get the redeemer, but the fastest you can possibly get it solo would be round 12. I got to the bridge with the retriever on round 5. I stayed there just using the retriever every round and never got the sound so I never left. I then heard it at the end of round 10 so Im pretty sure you can't get it before then solo

Its ok man lol im messin around. :x I appreciate the info. It helps every one out.

Its ok man lol im messin around. :x I appreciate the info. It helps every one out.

Yea it kind of made me mad when I found out that you couldn't get the redeemer pre round 10. I was already thinking of all the youtube$$$$$ i could have gotten from a video titles redeemer round 8. :roll: :roll:

Yea it kind of made me mad when I found out that you couldn't get the redeemer pre round 10. I was already thinking of all the youtube$$$$$ i could have gotten from a video titles redeemer round 8. :roll: :roll:

If you want ill try to help get it by round 8 or 9 theres gotta be a way.

Worked perfectly thanks! Was pretty cool to have a point hoarder but still have the other players feel like part of the strategy 8-)

great! Im glad it helped! I wanted it to feel like a type of challenge.

Thanks it works great and can't wait for the Redeemer guide to get it early.

Ill try and have something up by the end of today. Im sure theBSZombie will have a hand in it as well.

I played a game earlier with 3 people and got the Retreiver by round 3. Would've went to the bridge too but we misused points. It was just a b/s random game we played. We weren't trying to do too much since we all had things to do. If I can ever figure out how to upload my videos to elite then to youtube I'll post it. Or it's in my recent vids, GT is same as here.

retriever can easily be received on round 3 solo. It COULD be received on round 2 if you could manage your points super effectively. Here is all you have to open:

-first 1000 point door

-1000 points to the infirmary

-1000 points to the top of the jail cell from infirmary

-(x2)750 trip to the gondola

-1500 points door from the wardens office to the tunnels.

Heres how many zombies you have. (these numbers are solo)

6 in the first round

20 from the showers

7 from round 2. (8 total but you have to save 1 to truly get it on round 2.

So the totals equal:

6000 points from 33 zombies.

So that wouldn't be to hard if you could get the extra 10 points from hitmarkers.

33 zombies *130 would give you 4290 +500 points from the start equals 4790. No where close to the amount needed. To be exact, 1210 off.

But wait, there are double points. So you could easily kill off 6-8 zombies from the 20 zombie hoard to get that extra points.

So yes the earliest you can get the retriever is round 2. But by doing this, you make the early rounds 5x as harder than they should be.