Quest for Shotguns from One Bone - Advice

I'm thinking about making a brand new account just to try to get the Shotguns rank, as my current account's stats are too poor to achieve that rank (40 overall K/D). I usually don't care about stats too much, but I think this will be a fun little quest for me to do over the summer.

First off, I've included a poll to decide what name I should use for this account. Given that my main account is based off the Quick Revive jingle, I was thinking of continuing that theme, or maybe making a different kind of username.

Secondly, for anyone who has done this challenge, how many hours of gameplay would this take?

Lastly, what do you guys think would be the best way to approach this? I guess I'll be playing a lot of solo games, as those are the easiest to maximize K/D. Should I also focus on getting as many headshots as possible, or do headshots not matter? Also, should I play with randoms to get a lot of revives as well?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I strongly advise not to make the separate account just to show off shotguns, but hey - that's just me.

1. I like YaThirstyPartner better than the other options. Maybe it's just because I automatically start singing the tune when I read those words. :P

2. It varies on how well you do each game. While your K/D ratio should be above 200.00, other statistics will also affect your overall ranking so be sure to focus on those as well (such as revives, headshots, accuracy, etc). The closing threshold to receive the shotguns would be about 15,000 career kills.

A good Survival game can take you perhaps 2-3 hours to hit the low 40's with over 1k kills. Grief may also substantially increase this is you are serious about raising all your stats in one sitting. If you play about 5-7 hours a day playing consecutively great games with very little [to no] downs, you should get them in about 4-5 days. Increasing the allotted gameplay time will quicken the rate in which you level up.

3. I would go about Survival. Modes like Tranzit and Die Rise take too long (unless you go Solo), and Grief may hinder your statistics if you aren't playing aggressively. A good few games of Survival Farm will get you to your goal in no time.

I'm almost positive both revives and headshots matter.

By the way, there is (or at least was) a glitch you could do to reset your stats on the servers... thought it may also reset your EE progress, TranZit bank account, etc. I've never tried it but if you're still interested you can find tutorials on the YouTubes.

I agree with InfestLithium's first point...

Don't do it!

Wear your crappy rank like a badge of honor. You suffered through horrible randoms, you didn't exploit glitches, you made your mistakes learning the maps, you're a team player, you don't take yourself too seriously.

Thanks to InfestLithium for all the tips! I'll take that into consideration.

My current rank is actually skull with knife, so I'm not mad at all about stats or rank on my main. Like I said, I really do not care about stats at all (I have over 2000 downs, 1500+ coming from playing over 100 games of Turned, which is a gamemode I love).

I'm just doing this for a challenge to see how fast I can achieve shotguns. I feel that it will be a way for me to become more skilled as a zombies players through the number of hours I would need to play to achieve the rank, as well as give me a long-term goal to reach for. I don't really plan on "showing them off" as you put it; in fact, after I get the shotguns, I don't anticipate using that account much at all.

Yeah, I'm also on the kinfe and will probably never get shotguns. My belief (of course it's impossible to be sure because Treyarch insists on being so cryptic about rank) is that I can't get the shotguns because I did a couple really high round runs on Die Rise using only the Sliquifier.... which put my headshot percentage into the toilet. My K/D is ridiculously high, tons of revives, doors opened, etc... but my headshots are only at 13%.

Yeah, I'm also on the kinfe and will probably never get shotguns. My belief (of course it's impossible to be sure because Treyarch insists on being so cryptic about rank) is that I can't get the shotguns because I did a couple really high round runs on Die Rise using only the Sliquifier.... which put my headshot percentage into the toilet. My K/D is ridiculously high, tons of revives, doors opened, etc... but my headshots are only at 13%.

Even though it may be important, I don't really think headshot percentage is the only thing preventing you from getting shotguns. The reason I say this is because RelaxingEnd did a video series a while back where he made a brand new account and got shotguns. In that, he mainly used weapons like the Ray Gun, Sliquifier, and Jet Gun during his high round solo runs. If you look at his stats when he achieved shotguns, I think his headshot percentage was below 10%.

There may be another reason why shotguns aren't working for you?

For a challenge, you might want to see about my Tournament idea (link in sig). It's going to be like a Zombie Olympics.

Juuuuuust sayin...

sorry for the plug 8-)

Well played :lol: I skimmed through your post and it looks interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot, but I may have an interview that weekend :|

Even though it may be important, I don't really think headshot percentage is the only thing preventing you from getting shotguns. The reason I say this is because RelaxingEnd did a video series a while back where he made a brand new account and got shotguns. In that, he mainly used weapons like the Ray Gun, Sliquifier, and Jet Gun during his high round solo runs. If you look at his stats when he achieved shotguns, I think his headshot percentage was below 10%.

Interesting... I have no idea what may be holding me back, then. I've pretty much given up on it at this point, though. The way I see it, since Treyarch refuses to tell us exactly how these "ranks" work, they're pretty much pointless. I regularly run relatively high rounds (30's to 40's, but I have gotten higher), revive constantly, have good accuracy, open doors... yet I can't rank up. And Zielinski says things like "what's your highest round, how many? most downs? How long have you played, are you a good person? Do you spend, revive, help?" Good person? So what, I need to go volunteer at a soup **** please report this topic, post **** to rank up?

Zielinski's twitter is full of him dropping cryptic hints about how rank works... why not just come right out and tell us what the prerequisites are or what the formula is? I swear, I used to think that guy was awesome, but I'm at the point where I can't stand him anymore. He can never just give a straight answer about anything.

If you ever decided to start fresh here is my advice in short.

Play everyday and get lots of multiplayer games going.

Solo games help boost your K/D but after a point they don't matter.

As others said keep up on your headshots and revives.

Don't quit the game if you go down, it will most likely effect your rank negatively as to what most others do to avoid more downs. Instead try and survive once you get back up or respawn the next round.

These are things from my experience.

I got shotguns rank after doing 30 hours of gameplay.

When I did get it I had 2 solo round 50's.

Round 30+ 4 player games on most maps.

A few perfect no down games to thirty multiplayer.

My headshot percentage was far from perfect. More like 15% because I use sallys and ray gun. But I try to go for head shots whenever I can during a multiplayer game.

And of course remember this kino loading screen quote.

sometimes it is better to run than to revive.

There is a similar thread, be sure to check it out for more tips.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=26010

1. YaThirstyPartner. It's simply perfect.

2. No idea, but if you take my next step of advice, you'll hit it in between 3 to 6 weeks if you play everyday.

3. First, I recommend practicing this on your main account.

-NOTE: If at any time you feel you are going to be downed, pause and end the game. This will preserve your K/D.

-Start up a game of Solo Town Survival in Custom Games on Round 15. (Original of course.)

-Next, instantly PaP your M1911, then sprint to the top of the stairs to where Jug is, but don't buy the door. Shoot the zombies before they can make their way up the stairs. Shoot one gun at a time at a constant rate towards the street below. Watch which drops appear. If it's a Max Ammo or Double Points, spray and go grab it, then return to your post.

-Third, you should have at least enough for the door, Jug, and Stammin Up. You are going to buy all three as soon as the round ends. Stay near the Stammin Up Machine area without buying the door to Speed Cola.

-Now you are to run trains here this round. (Round 16) If you need to see how to run trains/kite that area, check out this video.

Lal6BbTEgW4
    (Skip to about 5 minutes in and ignore the commentary, I disagree with a lot he says :D )

All you must do is run the way he does and you're good on that.

-DO NOT FIRE UNTIL THE ENTIRE 24 ZOMBIES HAVE APPEARED. It's too easy to down yourself that way. Simply wait until they are all in, then sprint away from them towards the PaP. When you are 3/4 of the way there, turn around and let 'em have it. Try to leave a last zombie. It's ok if you kill them all, but it'll be tight. Make sure the door to Speed Cola is closed at all times.

-When you have your zombie, you're going to want to head over to Double Tap. If it's between rounds and the box is there, hit it first, then buy Double Tap, and take what you get from the box. If you're dissatisfied, trade it for the M14 off of the wall. Continue the trains, and occasionally spray at the head with the M14.

-After this round, you'll be on 18. PaP your other Weapon between rounds. You should be at around 100 kills with 0 deaths. Continue to run this round with normal trains.

-When you hit 200 kills, buy the Bar Door and grab QR if you want. Continue trains.

-When you hit 300 kills with 0 downs, I highly recommend quitting. The hoards will become increasingly difficult and you will become more likely to go down. The reason I say this is because it'll keep your K/D very high. If you decide to take the risk and continue, at least buy yourself QR, and do what you want :)

I've done this strategy for my basic account with a K/D of 40, and it boosted to 53 after around 2 weeks of playing 2 games a day. I can't even imagine where I'd be if I did it on a fresh account. Good luck slaya.

Thanks to everyone for the advice! It's really helpful. However, I ended up deciding not to make a fresh account. I figured trying to stat whore just to get shotguns is pointless. I would probably get really pissed every time I go down, which would suck all the fun out of playing zombies. Might as well just take this game for what it is, a game :)