Can the zombies kill you while in afterlife mode?

I know you can be hit by them in it if you get close enough or if Brutus decides he is going to randomly go after someone in afterlife.

But can they kill you in afterlife mode? I thought maybe it would drain the afterlife meter a bit if you got hit but it doesn't do anything that I saw so if it does drain it, its not significant.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I did notice something for the first time tonight. We decided to go down and end the game, so a kid could keep his high round. I ran into a horde, went into afterlife. First time I had noticed you have an afterlife health meter in the bottom center of your screen. In afterlife mode, I ran back into the horde of zombies, where they quickly zapped me about 15 times. I could see the meter drop almost instantly to zero and I died. SO.. In afterlife, the little zap touches the zombies do to you, DOES hurt your afterlife health.

There's been a few times I've gone into Afterlife from a wall switch when my screen was turning red from hits. The red continues on my screen, even in Afterlife. Although, I think it's just a technical thing from switching over.

When I get back up though, my body had always recovered from the hits I had experienced before entering Afterlife.

I do find it a bit interesting though that Brutus can see their souls in Afterlife, but the zombies can not.