Each character's unique set of skills?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe with the Purgatory mode, each character can see or do something the others cant?? Or maybe they are just referring to them in their mobster situations eg, Finn "could cheat a cheat and not get caught" And how Billy Handsome was a hired gun etc... Interesting thought though!

Here's the description you linked for easy access:

I don't know if you'd say they actually have a set of skills that will benefit your gameplay. We probably would have heard about it in the trailer shown next to it.

But, the map seemed a bit harder from the trailer... And in the last paragraph, they seem to be admitting it.

Love your pic...and I was coming back here to say what you just said lol

In the trailer they are each given an intro on how they ended up in prison, perhaps one can manage points (money launder) the hired gun maybe can effect ammo or hold more guns, cheating a cheater...this one stumps me, and the last guy seemed to be the top mobster so perhaps he is needed for the easter egg.

I am just LOVING where this map is headed, just a shame I'll have to mooch of my friends xbox while I wait to enjoy it in my own home :mrgreen:

Though it would be good if each character had a different ability or trait, I believe this is refering to the Side Quest. Each character may have a certain role that is required to peform a step.

This is probably why it shows the characters name next to your score so you know who you are.

I can't wait!

I honestly think that they were referring to a 'unique set of skills' as the characters' biographies, just their backstories. Like the one who does the dirty work and who kills people in special ways. It would be cool for them to have some kind of persistent perk for each of the characters though. :)

I honestly think that they were referring to a 'unique set of skills' as the characters' biographies, just their backstories. Like the one who does the dirty work and who kills people in special ways. It would be cool for them to have some kind of persistent perk for each of the characters though. :)

That was my initial thought.

Also im thinking, if not, what if they all have to do something separate like for the sidequest/EE. Kind of how, only certain people could use the sliquifier on the balls for Richtofens EE Die Rise.

Not a bad thought at all, and you could be right. But why add that in there? Seems a little cryptic like the "lost souls" sentence.

The fact that you are given a character by random selection kind of makes me think I may not be on to something, but ever since Ascension, treyarch has really catered to the 4 players type player. I usually play 2-3 max but have to get a random (random on COD forums ofc) to help do the 4 player ones. So perhaps if they do give these players a "class" then they are just expecting people to already have three friends to play with...

tbh dude. I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. Treyarch are cryptic as hell. and this looks like a total change to the style of normal zombies so personally, i think anything is possible. Also, part of the reason for catering for 4 players would be to get more people to play it online i think.

I wonder if each charracter had a special ability, like what we thought happened with marelton and buildables, where each charracters "skills" actually effect how they play (not by much however).

Chaz/Sal --- Specialty: Underground boss work, keep things on the dl, but still do it: Special abilitys: occasionally he can slowdown a running zombie to a walker, very usefull for Easter egg work. (He wouldn't need to do anything to accomplish his)

Oleary/M. --- Specialty: Cheeting cheaters, you may have cheated me, but I'll cheat you more!: Special abilitys: Will occasionally earn a bit of his cash back when buying doors or the box... (Buy box for 950, sometimes get 300 back)

??/Ray L.--- Specialty: Dirty work, not afraid to get his hands a bit dirty.., or bloody... With brains... Special abilitys: His knife becomes slightly more ranged and powerful... (Self explained)

Joe P./ Al --- Specialty: Money work, always keep your hand on the dough... Special abilitys: Will occasionally earn more points then normal (say a 10 point barrier would become 30 points for 1 build... And a 80 point kill would become 100 points occasionally)

Sounds ok right?