Theory, and why guns are canon to the storyline.

Ok, so my first post here but I'm a long time lurker of the forum. I also would like to add that I have a very great grasp and knowledge of the zombies storyline and the involvement of the vril-ya, illuminati, The flesh, G935, and other organizations. Sorry if anything like this has been posted before.

On to my theory that explains many time anomalies and why guns are cannon!

So in Die Rise's starting cutscene we hear a mysterious voice tell Samuel that he needs to "mend the rift". Now my theory is that this "rift" is a rift in time and space from to much teleportation from the OG crew which is causing different time periods and era's to mix together.

This is very much seen in BO2 and started since the first time Dr. Richtofen overloaded the teleporter in Der Reise with the Wunderwaffe DG-2 sending them to Kino Der Toten. In Kino we see the MP40, a weapon very much used I'm WW2 and the 40's but obsolete by this time. Kino also has many Nazi memorabilia left behind as flags and the teleporters. The 40's is clashing with the 60's and fusing into one!

Now in BO2 we see this very clearly with Green Runs old style 60's look yet the futuristic T.E.D.D., Marlton's watch, and the 2025 era weapons along with some 60's era weaponry in the box (FN FAL, Galil).

Also in Nuketown we have the 2025 and 60's era weapons in the box, Marlton in the shelter, The horn from the bus on TranZit all 2025 events and at the same time we have the events from Moon in the 60's going on as well when Richtofen in just taking control.

I'm sure many of you are connecting other links with the other BO1 maps and Die Rise that show this theory to be even more truthful. I also feel this will help explain Mob of the Dead quite well.

Also in BO2 zombies we have the FAL back. Treyarch very well could have used the updated 2025 version but they kept the 60's version in. I think they did this not just for nostalgia from BO1 but to show that the era's are melding together.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site!

On the topic of your post, I disagree that guns are canon. Guns aren't even canon in the campaign missions. This is why you'll see the 74U in the missions from the 60s even though it hadn't been created yet.

Also, the guns being used are more or less just the guns that are already in the game for multiplayer and stuff. There are a few exceptions obviously, but it mostly runs true. This is why you see Cold War weapons throughout Black Ops, even though we jump to the future a ton. Why would CotD characters use Cold War weapons when it takes place in the future? It doesn't make sense.

Specific weapons will stay on certain maps yes but that's for the fun of that map and gameplay itself also the Gersh device was on Moon and Ascension.I'm talking about regular weapons mainly. This theory helps with having 60's era weaponry in 2025 and 40's era in the 60's. It spreads throughout all maps with time melding together. Thats why there is 60's style look to TranZit yet the 2025 future tech. This also explains Nuketown and makes sense out of the events of Moon and Marlton being in the shelter at the same time. Der Reise to Kino was the first time travel so we saw very little melding of the 60's and 40's. After tons of travel through BO1 we have huge messes like TranZit with 60's style and future tech.

• Administrators

Specific weapons will stay on certain maps yes but that's for the fun of that map and gameplay itself also the Gersh device was on Moon and Ascension.I'm talking about regular weapons mainly. This theory helps with having 60's era weaponry in 2025 and 40's era in the 60's. It spreads throughout all maps with time melding together. Thats why there is 60's style look to TranZit yet the 2025 future tech. This also explains Nuketown and makes sense out of the events of Moon and Marlton being in the shelter at the same time. Der Reise to Kino was the first time travel so we saw very little melding of the 60's and 40's. After tons of travel through BO1 we have huge messes like TranZit with 60's style and future tech.

The weapons are non-canon, regardless if they are wall weapons. Treyarch implements new weapons into their games, and it carries over into the Zombies mode regardless of what time period we are in. That is how it's been since Black Ops, and the transition is still the same.

I'm assuming you did not read the supplied link, so let me open that up for you to view.

This is a very touchy subject. As much as there are many of us veterans that have played zombies inside and out to know firsthand that the weapons given in-game do not coexist with reality, there are numerous others that say the weapons do have some kind of reference in regards to the time frame. To this, I have to take the side of saying no - the weapons do not tell us the time and date.

Let us begin our painful journey.

========================================================

If we were to take into account the weapons in the game, we'd have to individually look at certain guns and research them. I decided to take a quick look at our fancy SMG, the Ak-74u.

History of the Ak-74u

The Ak-74u is a modified version of its original model, the Ak-74. The Ak-74 is a Russian sub-machine gun that was created in 1974 by Mikhail Kalashnikov (who also created the famous Ak-47). The SMG we all know and love is modified in which the "u" stands for "Ukorochennyj", which is Russian for "shortened". Unlike its predecessor, the gun was used more as a defense weapon that was considerably lightweight, easy to use, and was utilized more so by vehicle crews and special ops forces.

Here is a comparison of the two guns:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/AK-47_vs_AK-74

Note that the numbers near the end of the name typically reflect the year that it was manufactured. I want to emphasize that while this gun is real, it became popularized due to Call of Duty: Black Ops. Now let's take a closer approach in the zombies mode itself. We were first introduced to the gun in the Campaign mission, Bay of Pigs.

Reality vs. Campaign: The Bay of Pigs

http://library.thinkquest.org/11046/day ... _pigs.html

The Bay of Pigs invasion is a real-time event under John F. Kennedy's administration (however, proposed by former President Dwight D. Eisenhower) that occurred on April 17, 1961 as an unsuccessful mission in which United States-back Cubans exiles attempted to overthrow Fidel Castro - Cuba's dictator. The mission was an utter failure as Castro's army stopped the invasion on April 19th.

I provided this general backstory to emphasize the date we're given: 1961. Now look at the date in which the Ak-74u was create. 1974 rifle in a 1961 mission? Impossible beyond all feat. Now because we are in the game's storyline, one could say that it didn't truly matter at the time. But since we are now involving Campaign into the situation, we have to take that into account as well.

Looking into zombies, the Ak-74u also made an entrance in our first Black Ops map, Kino Der Toten. This map occurred sometime before 1969, as noted due to the Berliner Fernsehturm.

The Berliner Fernsehturm and Kino der Toten

http://www.berlin.de/orte/sehenswuerdig ... dex.en.php

This bad boy was under construction between 1965 until 1969 as the center of Berlin, Germany. The tower was supposed to be the tallest in Europe, only rivaled by Moscow's TV tower. Once again, let's take a look at the dates - 1965-1969. Because Kino der Toten shows an uncompleted Fernsehturm, we are presumably somewhere between those years; perhaps 1967 since there seems to be some work needed in order to complete the tower.

I wanted to emphasize the dates along with the these landmarks/historical events for one main purpose: to relate back to our weapon at topic, the Ak-74u. Keep in mind that these are all realistic aspects, combined with what we were given in the whole Black Ops game with a Campaign mission and our very first BO zombie map. How does a gun that was not even manufactured until 1974 displayed in a game where it's a playable weapon in 1961 and 19[67]? The answer is simple: it can't.

I understand that this Black Ops II, and not its former. But when you apply the same logic, we have to take into consideration everything. The setting and time frame that our current game places us in is a result of what has occurred in Black Ops. Who is to say that we cannot look at one and suspect that the other is not equivalent in the same situation? Guns may indicate a superstitious thought and may even be so relatively close that it seems more than likely to be a factor. Unfortunately, this is not the case; if it were, why couldn't we use characters as references too? We all know how that ends - close results, but no guaranteed perfect matches.

You cannot use weapons as a definite reference.

I'm not saying the weapons are showing a certain time period but are rather showing that this "rift" we heard about Die Rise is causing all of history and time to meld together. In Green Run we heard richtofen talk about returning the earth to its natural state so he could rule over it and the people as a god. In order to do this he may have to fix the universe and mend that rift first. And I've been a huge zombies fan since WaW released so please don't think of me as some newbie. And I understand everyone's deal with saying weapons are non canon since BO1, I use to think that specifically myself too. Once again just a theory so I appreciate the thought. I don't want to come off as pushy or stubborn.

• Administrators

No, no, I understand what you are saying. Pardon me for coming off arrogant myself; I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a presumption of the weapons being canon/non-canon as a result of this rift. I apologize for that.

But it's not a bad theory to think from. I'm glad that you see the "rift" being somehow capable of disrupting the flow of time and space, which may cause certain aspects in different periods and locations to diffuse or meld together. I was only trying to help you (or anyone reading this topic) understand why weapons would not be affected. I say this so strongly because other than factual evidence from real-life weapons, we've had this weapon combination ever since Black Ops. That would mean the rift had to begun very early on...who knows?

+1 to you, friendo. :)

No, no, I understand what you are saying. Pardon me for coming off arrogant myself; I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a presumption of the weapons being canon/non-canon as a result of this rift. I apologize for that.

But it's not a bad theory to think from. I'm glad that you see the "rift" being somehow capable of disrupting the flow of time and space, which may cause certain aspects in different periods and locations to diffuse or meld together. I was only trying to help you (or anyone reading this topic) understand why weapons would not be affected. I say this so strongly because other than factual evidence from real-life weapons, we've had this weapon combination ever since Black Ops. That would mean the rift had to begun very early on...who knows?

+1 to you, friendo. :)

I actually do believe this started very early on. We can know the first time Richtofen teleported through time was from Der Reise to Kino. Since this was only the first time it didnt make much of a change except for 2 things. 1. It was 20 years since WW2 and no one had cleaned up the theater or detroyed it? They just left it there with all the nazi memorabilia? And the MP40 is there as well! So that would mean the version of the building shortly after WW2 and the MP40 had already melded together with the 60's. And on BO2 I would like to note the inlusion on the MP5 and Barrett but why? I think those are there to show that the our modern era also melded together with the 2025 and 60's era in TranZit and probably for future maps! I've been thinking about all the connections throughout all the maps for quite some time now. And thanks! Just trying to put out more theory's and make more sense of the madness we call zombies!

EDIT: I understand what you mean with the weapons and what not but this theory very depends on them an aesthetic aspects on the maps to show how badly time is melding and defusing. In TranZit alone we have 60's style location and feel. 2025, 60's, and modern weaponry with the bus and T.E.D.D. Its a huge meld of 3 different periods.

• 1 month later...