Trichotomous System/Easter Egg Continuation for BO2Zombies

Hey Guys,

I posted on the Die Rise portion of the page with some analysis of "We All Fall Down" and I appreciate the community welcoming me to the page. :D

I said I would post again but this time it's gonna be about the Trichotomous System. If any of you have no knowledge or have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, don't worry. I'll explain it.

NGTZombies/SpiderBite made a video on the Maxis portion of the TranZit Easter Egg. At certain lampposts, Maxis states,"Now complete the Trichotomous System". Trichotomy is the idea of splitting into three parts. The two main uses of trichotomy are inside philosophy and mathematics. There has been no confirmed quotations saying that the Trichotomous system is completed. Not YET at least. Keyword there. YET. My idea is that there is no continuation on Tower of Babble like how Richtofen's Grand Scheme had Cryogenic Slumber Party, then Richtofen's Grand Scheme.

In our purpose, the mathematical usage is much more practical than the philosophical usage. With a little research, the quote that Maxis accompanies with it that the "2 obtuse angles are formed and need to make a scalene triangle." Obviously a little geometry is going to be used in this post.

So what we know at this point is that the triangle has 2 obtuse angles and the only way for it to be a triangle is that the other angle has to be acute. A picture will be below of an obtuse scalene triangle.

http://math.tutorvista.com/geometry/typ ... ngles.html

I feel that Maxis is telling us to make one of these triangles WITH THE SPIRES IN ALL THE MAPS from TranZit, Die Rise, and the next map. Only then when Maxis portions of each Easter Egg is done, Maxis will have an outcome favoring him. Just like in the campaign, choosing one option over the other will yield a different outcome. I believe that is what is happening in Zombies on Black Ops 2 and that is why I have decided that I am going to do only the Maxis side of the Easter Eggs and something positive like the Original Crew coming back or Richtofen being kicked out the Aether.(Come on Treyarch, throw us a bone.)Where as if you only do Richtofen, a negative outcome will result like the new four characters become zombies or something.

That brings me to another point. I strongly, strongly believe for the second DLC zombie map we're gonna have to power up another tower. But that's just me. I'm open to criticism on this idea. Whatever Jimmy Zielinkski has in his head, it's gonna be big. That's all I know.

A problem that I ran into with my idea on my previous post, the next location of the map can be predicted but since it's a triangle, it could be more than a few locations. If you guys get a flat map and plot out the obtuse scalene triangle on it, and you guys find out some possible well known locations, I'd be intrigued and see what that area's past had in it's history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d41pMvti8Qg

Thanks again so much you guys!I hope I find more information and share with all of y'all.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

greater than 60 degrees since a right triangles have 3 angles of 60 degrees

no.. no... NOOOOOOO.. I AM A MATHEMATICAL NAZI (a close relative to the grammer nazi) AND I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS ATTROCITY. AN OBTUSE ANGLE IS GREAT THER 90 DEGREES NO MATTER WHERE ITS LOCATED. nah im just joking. ok :lol::lol: :lol:

It's impossible for a triangle to have more than one obtuse angle as the total sum (in degrees) of the interior angles of a triangle always equal 180 and and obtuse angle is above 90 degrees.

There has been no confirmed quotations saying that the Trichotomous system is completed.

Actually, when you finish Tower of Babble for Maxis he says "Good. The Trichotomous system is now complete."

It is interesting to note, however, that at one point Maxis does say "Excellent! You have activated the two obtuse vertices of the scalene. Quickly, complete the tertiary node!"

This is very odd, as a triangle can only have one obtuse vertex. The only other shape I know of which can be labeled "scalene" is a trapezoid, but it can't be a trapezoid because he talks about a trichotomous system and only says to complete the tertiary node (rather than "complete the tertiary and quaternary node").

My guess is that Treyarch is bad at geometry.

There is no, nor was there ever, a mention of a triangle. If there was, then obtuse can be classified as a class not just specifically for angles. So that means it is VERY possible to have two obtuse triangles.

I was actually gonna post something on this too...

I havn't completed the easteregg yet, but I still know every little bit about it:P and you are right. I never here triange... NEVER.

• Administrators

What else could a trichotomous system be?

A system based on three parts or an element, or the division of three instances. I know a triangle automatically comes to mind because...well, the shape has three points. And we know that the Tranzit Easter Egg involves intensifying/reducing the power output of the streetlights a.k.a. "points". Confusing yet? :lol:

But what is interesting is just how a trichotomous system occurs.

If you read Section 2, you can see that the trichotomous system does not necessarily have to be internal, but external as well. That means powering the pylon could have three roles due to our actions. The obtuse angles mentioned only justify internal measures in order to assist in creating the trichtomous system. The angles are internal as the process of what the pylon does after the Easter Egg is external. There isn't a relationship between the two; only a step and a result.

Interesting. The quote about obtuse vertices by Maxis does only mention three points however (and given the terminology is clearly referring to a geometrical shape) and mentions the shape made of three points have two obtuse vertices, which is impossible. So Treyarch still made a mistake with that quote.

I'd also like to note that quote occurs when you place two turbines at different lamp posts, so the tertiary node he talks about must be the spire (which must be powered by turbines and an avogadro). There is definitely a triangle formed by these three points which Maxis clearly sees. Whether this is the trichotomous system or not is up for debate, but I just wanted to mention triangles are definitely mentioned in the EE (even if the word "triangle" is never uttered).

He could be referring to the external angles of a triangle. The external angles of any polygon, regardless of its number of sides, add up to 360 degrees. that way if it was a trichotomous obtuse triangle with 2 acute angles and 1 obtuse angle the external angles, whose measures are supplementary to their corresponding interior angles, would then be obtuse, acute, and obtuse. See? 2 obtuse angles in one triangle!

He could be referring to the external angles of a triangle. The external angles of any polygon, regardless of its number of sides, add up to 360 degrees. that way if it was a trichotomous obtuse triangle with 2 acute angles and 1 obtuse angle the external angles, whose measures are supplementary to their corresponding interior angles, would then be obtuse, acute, and obtuse. See? 2 obtuse angles in one triangle!

The problem is that he said "two obtuse vertices", and vertices are named by their interior angle measures, meaning a triangle cannot have two obtuse vertices.

I'm sorry if I sparked a whole battle in mathematics you guys! I just brought it to light since it was very overlooked and all I wanted was to present the information to the community and I'm very sorry if I misspoke in my posting and will try to reduce the room for errors in future posts. Thank you for identifying my errors and will fix them in the future.