You know what really grinds my gears...

I wasn't a big part of the community back in black ops 1 or world at war days (only watched syndicate from time to time) so I don't know if it was like this back then, but since black ops 2 has come out I have heard of countless complaints throughout big youtubers (syndicate, relaxingend, ngt just to name a few) and throughout the forums as well.

The first major complaint was the lava... yes it can be annoying at times but it was put into the game as an extra challenge. if you play the maps well enough, you will end up jumping without even realizing it. The lava doesn't even hurt you that much (besides the big pits). If you are beat red and run over a crack of lava you will still survive. yes the lava slows you down but they countered that by putting in stamina up.

another complaint is the fog. The fog balances the map. imagine going to a youtube high round and just seeing the guy run big circles between power and town. That would be super easy and wouldn't take much skill. I hate watching people do high rounds at farm because its a big open space where the only obstruction is a sign with crossbones on it.

the third most common complaint is that it takes forever to play tranzit. Here's how I look at it, I can spend 30 mins trying to set up on round 1 then go to my tunnel and spend another 3 hours getting to round 45. or I can spend 30 mins setting up on any other map and be at round 12 and ready to go. and if you don't want to do that, go play town or farm or grief or turned where the games are short and have fun on that.

I have heard people complain about perma perks. but that was put in the game to help the new guys and for a little extra thing to do inside a game. its fun going for perma carpenter or steel baricades. and if you don't like it don't use it.

Now lets get to Die Rise, my all time favorite map. People complain about elevators... these things are the greatest ideas invented by the guys behind zombies. Yes they can be frustrating when they crush you, but whose fault is that? The other complaint about elevators is that they take forever to get to you. The answer to that is simple, carry a key. always have one on you.

The one thing that is frustrating on the map is the "death" slides. I can see how that is annoying, just like the only thing I hated on moon was the gay ass-tronaut. But if you are scared of the thing, go around. I know you shouldn't have to and the game should work as is, but to be on the safe side go around. learn the strafe jump to box, and use the trample steam to get to budha room from power.

To conclude, I just hate the complaints that I hear 24/7 on this forum and on youtube. i understand its the internet and when you start writing, this is the new way to easily express your feelings and its easy to just hit submit and say screw it, shit i'm doing that right now. but please lets all love the game the creators gave us and look at everything with an open mind. If you wake up and say the days gonna be a shitty one, its going to be bad, but if you wake up with a smile, i can guarentee its going to be better.

changed title to remain a little more pg :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it odd that if your a fan of Zombies you could complain about those things. All which make BO2 zombies stand out from any other Z-game. Seeing its not the only Z-platform out there now with the ARMA mod and Sniper Elite Zombies and others. They just are whiners in general IMO , its sad to see them playing it cause they want to play it, then turn around and diss it but pick it back up and play it again. The scale of COD zombies is soooo big I can immerse myself for days and weeks and months and I still have no complaints, why because I appreciate and will continue to, no matter what they do. It's the leaderboards and bragging rights that have corrupted their opinions.

• Administrators

There were tons of complaints regarding Tranzit because Treyarch implemented game mechanics that were overboard and rather unnecessary. Honestly, I loved the different feel - even if it made the matches much longer and tougher.

Die Rise just had tons of glitches in it. The elevator shaft slide is the biggest concern at the moment, because it can make your break your game within a heartbeat. Other than those quirks, I feel that this mode is superb as well. Like you said, the elevators are death traps if you don't know how to use one correctly.

But you'll always get complaining in every game. You can't satisfy the whole crowd.

another complaint is the fog. The fog balances the map. imagine going to a youtube high round and just seeing the guy run big circles between power and town. That would be super easy and wouldn't take much skill. I hate watching people do high rounds at farm because its a big open space where the only obstruction is a sign with crossbones on it.

I hate to be "that guy," but you do realize that even though the fog was a major complaint, the real issue that lies between areas is the head humpers right? I agree that the game would be totally unfair if you could just run big loops between areas, but the point is that running from area to area is a major pain in the arse due to those annoying crawler things. The complaints dont target the inability to run trains in these areas, but rather the difficulty involved in running between them.

The combination of the fog and the head humpers is what really stretches out rounds in TranZit. Not to mention that they are ANNOYING with both having to knife like crazy all the time and their screaming. I often mute my TV for the first couple of rounds on tranzit to avoid having to listen to them.

So my point isn't that these mechanics shouldn't have been implemented, but rather, should have been implemented differently. TranZit could be MUCH more enjoyable if it weren't so difficult to move around.

You said that you didn't play much zombies back in the WaW/BO1 era. In those days, you could very easily traverse any map any way you wanted. Now with BO2 we are forced to WAIT all the time! We have to wait for the bus, we have to wait for the teleporter to bring us to the right location, we have to wait for the elevator, and we have to wait for the trample steam to reset. People complain about round length all the time, and this running in circles with 1 zombie while you wait for the elevator to come pick you up is a major part of the problem

Lol sorry about the rant. If you can't tell, I'm a little upset about the crap Treyarch has been giving us with this new game...

I hate to be "that guy," but you do realize that even though the fog was a major complaint, the real issue that lies between areas is the head humpers right? I agree that the game would be totally unfair if you could just run big loops between areas, but the point is that running from area to area is a major pain in the arse due to those annoying crawler things. The complaints dont target the inability to run trains in these areas, but rather the difficulty involved in running between them.

The combination of the fog and the head humpers is what really stretches out rounds in TranZit. Not to mention that they are ANNOYING with both having to knife like crazy all the time and their screaming. I often mute my TV for the first couple of rounds on tranzit to avoid having to listen to them.

So my point isn't that these mechanics shouldn't have been implemented, but rather, should have been implemented differently. TranZit could be MUCH more enjoyable if it weren't so difficult to move around.

You said that you didn't play much zombies back in the WaW/BO1 era. In those days, you could very easily traverse any map any way you wanted. Now with BO2 we are forced to WAIT all the time! We have to wait for the bus, we have to wait for the teleporter to bring us to the right location, we have to wait for the elevator, and we have to wait for the trample steam to reset. People complain about round length all the time, and this running in circles with 1 zombie while you wait for the elevator to come pick you up is a major part of the problem

Lol sorry about the rant. If you can't tell, I'm a little upset about the crap Treyarch has been giving us with this new game...

Dude, I used to wait about 30 minutes trying to search and find somebody that also had a high round to play with... so the game has always been about waiting. if the map is easy to traverse, then it becomes to easy. the denizens could be annoying but they did their part. Il tell you this, I was super scared to go into the fog for the first week. and then when I did it was only because I fell from a bus or something like that and found out that they weren't to bad. the denizens are just an added dificulty so people can't just run from one side to another. And yea I did play a lot of zombies, I just was more of a solo kind of guy and never looked for a forum to get better and mostly jst watched a little of syndicate here and there. I admit I played very little of console world at war because I never had an xbox back then, but I played the maps on the ipod A LOT all the way up into the 80s, which isn't really a big milestone on the ipod.

I'm actually going to fight you on all of this:

1: It does not take 30 minutes to set up, not the way I play. Meaning I get perks, galvas, upgraded weapons and my preferred equipment alongside Semtex claymores and other things I want right... And it certainly takes more time then that to get to round 45...

2: Lava is a HUGE bit** It A-Hurts you which wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't B: EVERYWHERE! Seriously you can't step 8 feet in town without the orange-yellow glow appearing.., what's worce is that it makes zombies explode... This means you can't melee them properly without galvas, and close combat is a No-No even with jug (Due to Multiple explosions red-screening you) It's annoying and just so useless... It would be different if it wasnt everywhere...

3:The fog doesn't tick anyone off,,, it's the denizens... I understand training would be a problemb there, but a simple thick fog where zombies can't be seen easy would have been hard enough... We don't need denizens clawing at our face, slowing us down SO much, and constricting our transportation...

In die rise you can't always go around, but to be honest if you hug the right-middle panel you should fall through without hassle...

A big thing I complain about is easy and origional modes... I forget if this is in custom matches too, but in local mode the spawning in rate, zombie health, zombie speed, and quite a few other factors, are ALL out of tune... It's just SO annoying... I can identify WHAT it is but something about that mode really messes up my game...

I'm actually going to fight you on all of this:

1: It does not take 30 minutes to set up, not the way I play. Meaning I get perks, galvas, upgraded weapons and my preferred equipment alongside Semtex claymores and other things I want right... And it certainly takes more time then that to get to round 45...

2: Lava is a HUGE bit** It A-Hurts you which wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't B: EVERYWHERE! Seriously you can't step 8 feet in town without the orange-yellow glow appearing.., what's worce is that it makes zombies explode... This means you can't melee them properly without galvas, and close combat is a No-No even with jug (Due to Multiple explosions red-screening you) It's annoying and just so useless... It would be different if it wasnt everywhere...

3:The fog doesn't tick anyone off,,, it's the denizens... I understand training would be a problemb there, but a simple thick fog where zombies can't be seen easy would have been hard enough... We don't need denizens clawing at our face, slowing us down SO much, and constricting our transportation...

In die rise you can't always go around, but to be honest if you hug the right-middle panel you should fall through without hassle...

A big thing I complain about is easy and origional modes... I forget if this is in custom matches too, but in local mode the spawning in rate, zombie health, zombie speed, and quite a few other factors, are ALL out of tune... It's just SO annoying... I can identify WHAT it is but something about that mode really messes up my game...

1. it can take 30 mins to set up if you know the map like the back of your hand and know when to run or when to risk that teleport. it takes a minute to get to town, where you get your bank money, around 40k-50k, get jug and symtex and check what piece is in symtex room. thats about 3 minutes. run to power turn that on, anohter 3-4 minutes. teleport till you get to diner buy speed and get galva knuckles (by now you should have that part, if not unlucky you) run to farm get double tap. by now that has taken about 15-20 mins total. run to bus depot get my m16 on the way tele to power, drop a turbine and run to town and get your guns pap. this should be right around 25 mins-30 mins then just go back to tunnel. you should be set up to round 30-40. by then I would need a break anyways and just save a zombie and go build jet gun and hit box for monkeys. its all about personal preference so it could be longer.

2. you can dodge the lava very easily. they put stamina up in the game for 2 reasons, A: so you can run all over the map and B: run better through fire. learn where the cracks are anyways and just jump over them, it isn't hard. or if you don't like that, there are multiple places you can run where there isn't to much lava. these include the tunnel, farm and nacht. and you combatted your on argument by saying that you get set up with galva knuckles in the beginning. and then you go on to say how you have to have galvas to knife zombies.

3. And some people do complain (they sound like cry babies when they do) about the fog. prime example: syndicate and when you are running through the fog, you can sprint indefinetly anyways so the denizens don't slow you down to much if you think about it. and it only takes a well timed galva knuckle (hell sometimes the game gives me a one shot kill with the regular knife) to take them out.

And you can get to budha room super easy if you do everything right on die rise. just do that jump that the killer guy posted showing how to jump across to roof, ride the elevator down and then use your trample steam to cut across. but it is kind of a hassle. and its true if you hug the wall you won't insta-die.

I haven't played local, and don't plan on doing so (im a major leaderboard whore sitting at top 2k for kills and top 400 for gernade kills). But if its like I heard I can understand it being a pain the a**

Galvaknuckles are expensive and getting them means not placing the emergancy exit on the bus.. Some people don't like that...

I hate it when people use the bank, it's sssssooooo cheaty... And no fun, you basicly skip all the fun parts of gaining your way up...

I can run the tunnel, and nact, and farm, the problem is they're all separated by one thing: The fog, if your alone out there your pretty screwed if you happen to go down... Especially nact... Also that implys that one of my perk slots will be taken up with stamin up, I'd much rather have speedcola, doubletap, juggernog, and quick revive in my inventory thank you...

The fog is still a hassle with those stupid denizens no mater how you slice it, they're annoying and make the fog one of the most undesirable features I've ever seen... It'd be different if they were full grown monsters asside zombies trying to kill you, but these are just tiny annoyances that tick everyone off... And again, not everyone prefers the galvaknuckles...

The kill jump is super risky, one wrong step and you'll fall ALL THE WAY DOWN! But yeah, the right jump makes the shaft ok...

And yes... Local mode is SO much worce then online or solo... I just cant even fathom how big a difference it is...

All the things that grind my gears in zombies

Tranzit: too much work to maintain the kind of set up I want. Especially getting 4+ perks, building a near useless wonder weapon (versus how easy it is to build the sliqufier and how strong it is) replenishing ammo. The fire.

Nuketown Zombies: Not being able to get juggernog quickly at times. Playing on solo can be extremely frustrating for that reason.

Die Rise: Who's who issues. Elevators can be too slow, no real chaining spot in the power room floor section. Too easy to get screwed. Comparable to Verruckt, but at least on Verruckt you can use the entire map as a chaining spot. If you don't have an elevator car waiting for you on the high rounds you're basically screwed.

Turned: Downs counting as real downs on the stats is ridiculous.

Moon: That stupid...whatchamacallit.......excavator. If I have a hacking device, shouldn't I be able to hack the excavator to shut it off permanently?

Ascension: Goddamn monkeys

Shangrila: Whole damn map grinds my gears

Call of the Dead: accidentally pissing director man off. Dude needs to chill.

Kino: No complaints actually. Easiest map to exploit IMO. Simple chain spot+traps+PAPd thunder gun=money

Five: Map design grinds my gears.

Nacht: No perks :(

Veruckkt: Idiots that exploit the off map glitch, screw up all chain flow, and leave you to die.

Der Riese: No real complaints here either. I guess the dogs get pretty annoying

Freakin having all your perks, 20K points, 2 PAP'd guns, riding the bus to the bank and having a lag spike pull you out the bus and kill you. On top of that when it kills you the maniac laughing when it does it ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

DAMN YOU TREYARCH ! DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!