When is the correct time to use Double Tap?

With camping you would feel obligated to go for a three or four round burst to the chest / head, which would almost double the average amount of bullets per kill compared to camping.

Please explain, I almost always camp and have never felt obligated to donkey off rounds into a zombie's chest.

As to the OP I usually get DT2 as my first or second depending on Juggs availability, it will actually save you a lot of ammo if you aim for their heads even into the high 20's.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With camping you would feel obligated to go for a three or four round burst to the chest / head, which would almost double the average amount of bullets per kill compared to camping.

Please explain, I almost always camp and have never felt obligated to donkey off rounds into a zombie's chest.

As to the OP I usually get DT2 as my first or second depending on Juggs availability, it will actually save you a lot of ammo if you aim for their heads even into the high 20's.

Well for someone as self-confident as you in their camping abilities it isn't exactly a problem, but for someone who hardly ever camps and has little experience doing so, or someone who lacks zombie's strategy experience in general, they tend to panic and spray whenever the occasional cluster ends up right in your face. Someone as experienced as you would have no problem picking them off, but anyone less skilled might not be so level-headed. So... Good for you.

And though the above was portrayed as Hypothetical, to be perfectly honest it applies to me 100%. The only personal map strategy (hehe, PMS) I use that involves camping at all is der riese, and I for one have definitely entered adrenaline mode and sprayed all over the catwalk when a horde backed me onto a corner. So yeah, I'm a camping noob. However I'm more than proficient at the exquisite art if the zombie train.

So yeah as per usual I started rambling, so sorry. TL;DR: someone less experienced than you might while you personally might not.

agreed bobane.

when camping the remington room, its nice to have it there in case someone needs anothe gun mid round. pap with dt2 and speed it is a monster.

how do you get dt2??

dt2= double tap 2.0 which is what the perk in transit/ die rise is actually called.

Oh I see I thought it was some perma perk I did not know about

Electric J,

Thanks for the clarification. It does make sense now.

And I totally see this happeneing when I'm camping with somebody new to the concept.

Halfway through the higher rounds they'll be out of ammo and I'm just fine. So then we have to do the ugly ass AN94 run mid round. I hate that...

I wouldn't say I'm any better than anybody else at Camping it's just that I started in W@W and camping was THE strategy at the time so I continued that in BO1 even as the maps started to get harder and harder for Campers.

Die Rise is the first Map since Ascension that seems to take camping into consideration in it's design and I love it...

Time to not use Double Tap 2 - When your strategy revolves around the use of these weapons: M&S, Sliquifier, Jet Gun (and maybe Ray Gun). In these cases replace it with Speed Cola.

Time to use Double Tap 2 - All other times.

Though I don't think the Ray Gun needs Double Tap, it is so much better with it, so when I'm playing solo Tranzit, I use Double Tap until Round 40. Once I go down after that, Speed Cola. (Other perks: Jug, Stamin-up, Quick Revive/Tombstone).

I always get it in Die Rise unless I'm doing solo and focusing on the Sliquifier. And I always get it on the other maps. It's a perk truly worth getting, though I'll never get it before Jug unless I have enough for both and I'm on my way to Jug next.