Great Leap forward buildings:They're floating!

The buildings are floating in air. Don't believe me? Keep reading! When you go down the AN-94 slide and go by the debris (couch) look in the sky: Floating debris from the Richtofen's Grand Scheme. (When the rockets blew the Earth up and released debris) Now I know alot from science,astrophysics, Gravity and other space stuff like that and normally that couldn't occur that the debris is floating. Normaly that debris would been burned up by falling to the Earth, unless the Earth has lost enough weight that the gravity pull has weakened. But again, people would move similar how they would move on the Moon. But by reading some physics books and boring stuff like that, I have comed to an assumption that it is indeed possible for the debris to be floating. The gravity pull hasn't weakened equaly. It is weaker on the China half-lode. That resulted in leting the buildings float, to such a height were heavy debris can float easily.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I assumed that we were just extremely high up in the air and that the ground was covered in a very dense fog so we could not see it. But when I think about it, you may be right. If you are near the Ak74-u area outside, look underneath the Buddha Room and you'll notice satellites underneath the building. Satellite receptors can't hold up a whole toppled building, now can they?

Great little spark of observation, friendo! :)

Good eye, Scolden, but I am still led to believe that the building is on the ground for two major reasons. One is the fact that we still have gravity, and are running around the map, avoiding a few deadly falls. We are a lot lighter than the buildings with a lighter mass, so shouldn't we be floating too? Now, I know the map would be unplayable without any gravity, but still...

Number dos is about what happens when you miss the jump from the Roof to the original spawn building. I've looked directly at the spawn building whilst I've fallen, and the building continues down all the way until you splat on the ground.

I think you are forgetting that the AN-94 upside down building is actually the ripped off top half of the spawn building, hanging on by a few pieces of bent concrete.

(Creds to an NGTZombies video. Didn't feel like starting up my Xbox.)

It does look weak, but I don't get why it would be included if the buildings were floating.

If you look down the sides of the other two buildings, they appear to head down to what seems like the ground.

I think the floating debris in the sky are chunks of the Earth blown off from the rockets, and are out of the atmosphere, just sort of sitting there in space. The atmosphere also appears to be destroyed a little, as well. I believe that is why we see stars with the moon in the middle of the day. After all, without an atmosphere, there can't be a blue sky. But, we do have clouds and weather, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't we need an atmosphere for that, too? I guess we must be in one of the luckier areas of the world that held it.

Good ideas though, keep em coming!

• Administrators

That'a friendo, bagel. Looks like you brought a new perspective on the table. :)

While gravity may not be altered since we still act as if normal gravity is present, I would like to mentions that a few pieces of concrete (no matter how monolithic) could possible hold half of an entire structure in that manner. I understand that you are seeing as if you cut a quadrilateral all the way to one edge so that the the edge is holding the top piece despite it being bent in a different vertical manner. The structure of a tower could not hold such a thing, and may rest against the edge of another building if and only if there is either extremely durable support against its edge or a stable platform holding it underneath.

Nevertheless, you out-ruled the floating perspective well enough. Kudos!