Clever disguise to Snake Game

I'm sure many have noticed, but if not maybe this will blow your mind.

There is a "snake game" that's very simple. I believe it was introduced back in the 8-bit days (possibly before that) where you are a snake in a box and you must go left/right/up/down munching powerups that make your snake longer/faster. The object of such game is to avoid running into your own tail and continue to grab the powerups.

If you take into consideration the "rape train" concept in BO:Z, it's quite easy to see that these games are just immensely glorified versions of the snake game. Anyone else ever seen the snake game I'm mentioning and also see the similarity? Or am I just cuckoo?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I saw it on a Nokia phone as well, but I also saw it as a DOS game when I had a very old PC (circa '92) in which it was called, "Nibbles".

It's a good strategy to use when playing BO:Z if you just think of the snake game and AVOID your tail. I watch good players do this well, using a "serpentine" route, like you'd see waiting in line for a roller coaster, to avoid their rape trains.

• 1 month later...

Great link Eternal.

I think I read this thread when you first posted it but for some reason never commented. I had one of those Nokia ???? Can't remember what model it was? Haha. What a bucket of rubbish compared to the smartphones of today. Nearly everything I post on CoDz is from my phone. I'm actually writing this in a secluded resort in Thailand. Argh technology. Argh the foresight of Nicola Tesla!

Back on topic. MixMasterNut wrote this great post about how COD Zombies is the new Pacman. I can't find his post, but it was great. Everything is nearly identical aswell.

Brains for the Snake game relation Eternal....

Edit - Just realised the post above Way was a spambot from Australia. Probably bumped this thread.

• 6 months later...