Stu, The Cultists, And The Flesh

Taklok

Actually, I may have just made a discovery. In the link below is a video that shows the radio message from the head of the CDC (who's name I can't remember but is Gary something I believe). He warns people of the symptoms of people who have been infected, and this is where the interesting thing lies. He warns that people who have extreme paranoia or a secret agenda of their own are likely infected. Now who do we know who has both these symptoms?

Samuel Stuhlinger.

Think about it- in part because of his conspiracy theorist days, but also in part because of the end of the world scenario, Sammy is an EXTREMELY paranoid person. However, we also know that he is hearing the 'German guy' (Richtofen of course) in his head, and that this voice is telling him he has to do something. This could mean Stuhlinger has entered the zombification stage, and once the task is complete then his zombification will also be complete.

If this is true, then does that mean that every zombie was set a similar task by the demonic announcer before teir zombification was complete? This could have been something like travel to here, so they would be there when the survivors arrive amd Richtofen/ Samantha (whoever the demonic announcer is at the time) has an army ready? We also have another person who suffered from the voices, Yuri from Ascension. With Yuri however, it was Samantha that controlled him confirming that she too had this power.

If any of the above theory is true (I do realise it seems a little far-fetched) then it could have massive implications in the zombies story and explain a lot of loose ends.

I totally agree with this, it's similar to what I've been thinking too!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a bit of analyzing and come to the conclusion that this IS Stu(duh). I compared other animated images of him from other scenes in the intro and it indeed is him. He is wearing same clothes and same messy hairstyle. I also have come to think that he is NOT a zombie in these images. (Most already know this, but I was personally theorizing that he was zombified.) He holds the limb in his hands with intent and in the images we see he appears to be ashamed by the way he is hidden. I have no doubts that he chose to eat the flesh of his own free will,but I believe it was done out of desperation and survival instinct and not because of the cult. The cult transmissions could have been broadcasted for years and at some point perhaps Stu heard these and figured he was gonna die if he didnt eat the flesh.

I believe that Stu is infected. Richthofen controls the Zombies, since Stu is still Human (atm) he still has Free Will. This also explains the Gurgling and Moaning in Die Rise. Its the Zombie Side of his conscious coming out, hes always hungry. He loves to threaten with biting back.

If you look at Stu's leg hes wearing a bandage, perhaps he was bitten some time ago. Doesn't really ever explain how long it takes to turn.

Maybe the arm he was eating was actually the arm of a living person instead of a Zombie, that's what Richtofen's blackmailing him with.

Honestly, would you be afraid of someone who ate zombie flesh? I'd just think he was a weirdo that was starving. Now, if he's infected and has already consumed human flesh, I'd put a bullet in his brain, they can't be trusted.

-Richtofen's blackmailing Stu by telling the group he's infected and has eaten human flesh. Stu was possibly bitten and slowly turning. The other voices in his head are really his conscious becoming zombified calling for flesh.

Or..... It was just a zombie's arm, and since he ingested "The Flesh" he can now be contacted by Ricky.

I like my complicated Analysis better... Unfortunatly, the simple answer is most likely the correct one. Though, I refuse to believe it.

I believe that Stu is infected. Richthofen controls the Zombies, since Stu is still Human (atm) he still has Free Will. This also explains the Gurgling and Moaning in Die Rise. Its the Zombie Side of his conscious coming out, hes always hungry. He loves to threaten with biting back.

If you look at Stu's leg hes wearing a bandage, perhaps he was bitten some time ago. Doesn't really ever explain how long it takes to turn.

Maybe the arm he was eating was actually the arm of a living person instead of a Zombie, that's what Richtofen's blackmailing him with.

Honestly, would you be afraid of someone who ate zombie flesh? I'd just think he was a weirdo that was starving. Now, if he's infected and has already consumed human flesh, I'd put a bullet in his brain, they can't be trusted.

-Richtofen's blackmailing Stu by telling the group he's infected and has eaten human flesh. Stu was possibly bitten and slowly turning. The other voices in his head are really his conscious becoming zombified calling for flesh.

Or..... It was just a zombie's arm, and since he ingested "The Flesh" he can now be contacted by Ricky.

I like my complicated Analysis better... Unfortunatly, the simple answer is most likely the correct one. Though, I refuse to believe it.

Not a bad idea actually, it certainly explains the theory of the 'other voices' in his head (which I don't believe though explained like this makes sense).

Also - something to note, Sam's voice changes when he says "they'd kill me if they knew...". It goes from really panicky to suddenly clear headed and controlled, back to panicky "AW SHIT!!"

As said before, I believe he's hearing the same voices that drove Richtofen towards the Aether to begin with. Richtofen started off as a seemingly intelligent nazi pyscho-path and then grew into a delusional flamboyant monster hearing voices in his head. Richtofen's transformation from Der Riese to Moon is most apparent in the audio files. I can't find the thread, but some elder member had an absolutely fantastic thread detailing quotes from Richtofen in which he could pinpoint when he was "original Richtofen" and "hearing voices Richtofen".

@00:25

jck0cR7CR2I

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, Richtofen was a puppet for a higher power's influence. Who's to say that higher power didn't take complete control of Richtofen when he entered the Aether? What Sam hears as "begin anew" may sound like Richtofen's voice - but indeed, who is the puppet?

Honestly, yeah. If I found out someone was eating zombie flesh, which amounts to dead people, I would be disgusted and would probably assume that person was crazy or infected. And in a world where you live and die with the people next to you, such strong implications can easily cause people to turn on you.

I myself thought that he is infected or was a zombie. I thought it made sense because turned introduced the cure as well as previous wonder weapons reversing the zombie back into human, I don't think it is a stretch to consider an ex-zombie turned survivor a possibility.

I have absorbed all the information that I feel the Cutscene from Die Rise has to offer, and I can't say that the shadowy figure looks like a zombie. It clearly appears to be Stu, but not clearly a zombie. I feel like zombies in any depiction so far have been significantly different then what we saw. They don't act the same as the image of Stu eating the arm, and they do have very specific mannerisms.

• 1 month later...