"Mend the rift"

Jag

Hi guys. Im Jag and im obviously new here. I have been a huge fan of zombies ever since WaW and have constantly been helping solve the different easter eggs and uncover the story. I was a pretty big poster on the CoD forums, but I usually hang in the background and observe. Now with Die Rise, the biggest, most interesting, and in my opinion the best map so far, I've decided to come back and help figure it all out.

So the first point I would like to make are the clues that lead me to believe that we have to connect the two skyscrapers. The first clue is the Richtofen quote in the opening cutscene. You cant actually make out his voice, but Stu says "Mend the rift? What if I dont wanna?". He says this as he stand on the ledge of the first building, looking down into the depths. I interpret "mend the rift" to mean that we need to fix the rift and find a way across. The second clue is the achievement "High Maintenance". The title itself is a giveaway. "maintenance" implies fixing or building something. Secondly, the description says "be the architect" which also implies building something. Finally the picture, the biggest clue of all. The picture shows one skyscraper with its top half ripped off. This half collapses to connect the two skyscrapers.

What I have concluded from all of this is that at some point,we will have to topple pat of the main skyscraper to connect it to the other. What we will have to do after that is beyond me. I think it might be like Moon and there will be a second part to complete after the first.

What do you guys think? Please contribute.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so stupid that I thought the upside down building was some kind magic that turned everything upside down. :lol: Turns out the other half of the building just halved over..

But maybe after we put the necessary navcards in each map, things will repair itself? Like the train/pylons on transit or the upside down building in die rise.

Maybe this Mend the rift thing is a clue to what's to come. Like repairing what's faltering in each map. What if you go with a side, perhaps Maxis on every map and you will fix everything and new locations will pop up on each map?

Zombo found a really good earlier quote by Richtofen on Ascension about a dimensional rift, which really tells us what kind of a situation we're trying to get through. (Go to around 4:30.)

LmZ4t-UOuXg

Richtofen called Gersch being freed via transport from his imprisonment in the Aether a dimensional rift. Hmm, did we tear up this rift that needs mending here? Maybe he wants it shut so Maxis can't gain access to the Aether through where Gersch got out!

His thread: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=29619

• 4 weeks later...

Zombo found a really good earlier quote by Richtofen on Ascension about a dimensional rift, which really tells us what kind of a situation we're trying to get through. (Go to around 4:30.)

LmZ4t-UOuXg

Richtofen called Gersch being freed via transport from his imprisonment in the Aether a dimensional rift. Hmm, did we tear up this rift that needs mending here? Maybe he wants it shut so Maxis can't gain access to the Aether through where Gersch got out!

His thread: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=29619

I think what you have said about richtofen wanting to close the gap so maxis cant get in is a very good and strong theory, also if you look into the definition of a rift, it is a break with in the atmosphere or with in the ground, most commonly on sea beds, i think maxis easter eggs are designed to open the rift to allow maxis through and to try and stop richtofen and vise versa for richtofen