Die Rise and the fate of Marlton...

MNM1995

So, as many of you probably already know, Treyarch have finally stopped beating about the bush and have released the trailer to the first DLC, entitled 'Revolution' (I'll put a link to the video at the bottom). It was the same as usual- Multiplayer maps looked "Meh" and zombies looked AMAZING. On the topic if zombies, the new map 'Die Rise' will see the new crew from Green Run return as they fight the undead in an abandoned apartment complex in the Far East (looks like China or somewhere in Asia). The map promises something new to zombies- a sense of height as players must traverse the dangerous and breaking-apart complex whilst simultaneously fighting off Richtofen's undead in tight-packed corridors. All-in-all, the map looks incredible and if they deliver what they promise could even be the best one yet.

Now, some of you may have noticed that throughout the trailer we see Russman, Misty and Samuel keeping close to one another and fighting off the undead. However, we never see Marlton. EVER. He isn't shown fighting with the rest of the group neither in the foreground nor the background and he isn't seen in any of the close-ups. So you may be wondering "Well what happened to him?" Like I was. Well, when I finished watching the trailer and my mouth closed by itself I scrolled down to read the comments I saw one person who stated "hmm... no marlton in zombies". Now unfortunately, it won't let me post the damned picture on here (I'm on my iPhone so I have no idea how to), so i'll instead post the link to the post on the Call Of Duty Wiki if you could scroll down to find the original comment (sorry for the inconvenience), you should see the response of a picture of what appears to be none other than Marlton... Undead, roaming near the edge of a building.

So what does this mean? Is Marlton now undead and another playable character is there? Here's my theory: Marlton somehow became exposed to either 115 or a zombie bite in TranZit and turned. This new map behins with the group facing an undead Marlton and killing him. As for the fourth playable character, I can't decide between Takeo or Samantha but I think one of them shall return. They both have reasons to- Takeo vows at the end of the Moon ee that he will deatroy every last remnant of Group 935, and Samantha vows to defeat Richtofen once and for all. I believe that either one of them forced the characters in TranZit to teleport to them so they can help complete the new ee in this map.

As much as i'd love it to be Dempsey or Nikolai, the truth is that they have outstayed their welcome in Zombies a little bit. By Moon, it seemed as if Nikolai had begun to drink more heavily as his way of dealing with the apocalypse whilst Dempsey was choosing to ignore Richtofen and his shennanigans, even after witnessing Richtofen and Samantha switching souls, he still tried to ignore it. Takeo and Samantha could still have a role to play in the game, and hopefully we'll see one of their returns soon (preferbably Takeo because at least he was part of the Original Characters), but we'll soon find out!

Role on the 29th of January! Also, Turned looks quite fun.

Here's the link to the trailer, as promised, for you guys that haven't seen it yet:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruv2xMLuaoA

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I think Marlton wasn't there due to just three players playing, I think it would be interesting to see him as a zombie boss or something. I also don't like it that much because I want the N4 to stay together and grow as a team, with everyone eventually gaining a mutual respect for one another. I'd like to see him go behind there backs with some project or something (CIA related?) but eventually be accepted again within the team. I'd like to see him a CIA suit too. I don't think it's confirmed that he is CIA yet though. And I like your Post!

I don't know though, in every trailer before they had all four characters in it- why is this one different? I do honestly think that their may be a new mystery fourth character, but I don't think it's a new character because surely they would have been shown in the trailer?

Also, if Marlton was dead it doesn't mean the new characters couldn't grow as a group. Think about it- Misty would be upset as she had a crush on Marlton and liked him, Russman didn't like Marlton but likes Misty so would probably try and confort her and maybe even Samuel would, despite Misty and Samuel hating each other. This could be the thing that brings them closer together as a group.

just because we didnt see him in the trailer doesnt mean anything.... once again people are reading way too deeply into EVERYTHING. cool ya jets man... its only a month out, you really cant wait till then to continue your wild speculations? ur setting urself up to be unreliable and un credible. just sayin.... u go callin EVERYTHING before it happens, and your wrong most of the time, your gonna be the boy who cried wolf and no one will bother with you any more.

Woah man, that's a little harsh! I'm just coming up with a sinple theory here, don't need you bitching to me about it. Alot of other people think this too (including Spiderbite from ngtzombies) so does that make them all stupid? Besides, if I am always wrong then how come you normally agree with me? Little hypocritical, don't you think? You're the one that needs to 'chill your beans', because I think you're response was a little harsh seeing as this is just a THEORY. You could have just put what you think about it instead, and next time do that for me.

Well, Truthfully, how I see it as, is that Treyarch does this all the time to screw with us loyal fans...and I love it! We don't know whether Marlton is gone or still alive....maybe he's still stuck in Tranzit? Maybe something happened that we don't know about? It's always something new to learn about in Black ops 2 Zombies, and frankly that's what I love about the game

Well, Truthfully, how I see it as, is that Treyarch does this all the time to screw with us loyal fans...and I love it! We don't know whether Marlton is gone or still alive....maybe he's still stuck in Tranzit? Maybe something happened that we don't know about? It's always something new to learn about in Black ops 2 Zombies, and frankly that's what I love about the game

I completely agree with you. Deep down I do doubt that they'd kill off a new character so early on and of course they may just be teasing us, but at the same time there could be some big story-related thing or reason behind killing him off so early on.

I people think Marlton is dead then the Zombies are actually bananas.

I'm going to presume you meant to say "If people think Marlton is dead then Zombies is actually bananas" or something like that, and if that's the case then yeah it is. We went to the Moon for fuck's sake!

I people think Marlton is dead then the Zombies are actually bananas.

I'm going to presume you meant to say "If people think Marlton is dead then Zombies is actually bananas" or something like that, and if that's the case then yeah it is. We went to the Moon for fuck's sake!

I believe he meant to say:

"I, people, think Marlton is dead. Then, the Zombies are actually bananas.