What would YOU like to see in future maps?

What?! Undead is posting an actual zombies related thread? I know... right? :P

Hey CoDz, just thought it was about time we started up one of these threads again since we are now anticipating the first DLC release for Blops 2 and it's never too late to shed some light to those from Treyarch that are watching. ;)

That being said, I've gotta thing or two that I've posted before, and have held onto.

1. Character Selection - Normally I wouldn't be much for copying ideas, but I think Call of Duty could learn a thing or two from the set up of Left 4 Dead. That specifically being, if I set up an online match and have to wait for people, I'd at least want dibs on a character I wish to have. Same goes for single player or split screen. I know I'm not the only one who keeps restarting the round just so I can be Misty when playing alone. :lol:

2. LESS hazards - I'm sure we've all had our fair share of bitching when it came to getting burned on Green Run. Sure, a hole in the ground with oozing lava, that hurts, but the smallest crack in the ground too? You know what they say, I guess... "Don't step on a crack, or you'll uh.. ah..AHHHHHHHH!"

3. Interactive Hazards - Speaking of which, I really enjoyed how you could add components to the bus as well as build traps in Green Run, but I'd like to see it go bigger and better as well, and even have some environmental changes occur by course of action that ulitmately change and alter how things work for the remainder of the game as well. And, of course it wouldn't be a challenge if it didn't have it's up's and down's. Say for example you could trigger and explosion that knocked a building down. That creates "X" path, but also blocks off "Y" path for the remainer of the game.

4. Creep Factors - I don't know about the rest of you, but one of the biggest components I came to enjoy the most about the first zombie maps were the grim, dark and eerie environments. I loved hearing those random bangs in SNN, the people crying in Verruckt, the children singing in Der Riese on top of just a dark, dark map. Verruckt is still my personal favorite for sending a chill down your spine, especially when wearing my Turtle Beaches. I'd like to see more of that in future maps. And even have it be something you have to push through to get through part of the map. Like, perhaps finding flashlight to advance though the dark, creepy flickering tunnels that only lights a narrow part of what you are looking at. The rest is just glowy eyes in a pitch black horizon.

That's about it for me, I'll add more as I think of them.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat ideas!

I want to see more futuristic settings like the power and packapunch rooms, I love that theme.

Also, more huge interactive things like the rocket on ascension, the diggers on moon and the waterfall on shangrila. The tower was pretty spectacular, but only after the EE is done!

Creep factors... couldn't agree more. Here's an idea, remember that mission on blops1 when your with steiner on the boat? well if they took that concept of weilding a pistol and a flash light just like that mission in a new zombie map starting area that would be Amazing.

I think that the maps should go back and forth in time(like the main campaign) to further explore the Zombies storyline and backstory,and PLEASE bring back Nikolai,Takeo, and Dempsey! Also, maybe a new perk. I call it "Credit Card"! It'll let you 'get in debt', so to say. Example? If you want to buy Jugger-nog and only have 2000 points you can still buy it, but you'll have 500 Negative Points. And this 'debt' can be payed of by regularly earning points.But, it'll cost A LOT of points.Maybe 5000, or 6000?

Tell me what you guys think!I'd love some feedback!

I think that the maps should go back and forth in time(like the main campaign) to further explore the Zombies storyline and backstory,and PLEASE bring back Nikolai,Takeo, and Dempsey! Also, maybe a new perk. I call it "Credit Card"! It'll let you 'get in debt', so to say. Example? If you want to buy Jugger-nog and only have 2000 points you can still buy it, but you'll have 500 Negative Points. And this 'debt' can be payed off by regularly earning points.But, it'll cost A LOT of points.Maybe 5000, or 6000?

Tell me what you guys think!I'd love some feedback!

• Moderators

What?! Undead is posting an actual zombies related thread? I know... right?

lol

I know I'm not the only one who keeps restarting the round just so I can be Misty when playing alone. :lol:

So true. :D

I agree with you on the character selection. Especially since I hate the other three.

I think the hazards are okay as they are though.

But I do agree with you completely on the creepy factor.

The original 4 maps were so great when it came to that.

But moon and Shang just not. The only thing that could somewhat scare me on moon was when I walked through a doorway and the astro was at the other end. :lol:

I have to say though that they took a couple of right steps to the creepy stuff when it came to Green Run.