Strategies

owner_101

What strategies do you guys use? Do you have a separate one for solo or multiplayer?

Multiplayer

-build turbine

-run to Town (yes, you can get over the lava pit, without persistent Stamin-Up)

-open bank, withdraw ~10,000 points

-open to Stamin-Up and Juggernog

-run to Cabin and buy Bowie Knife, collect Gauge for Jet Gun (Aww Yeah!)

-run to Town and put the part down

-run to power, buy AK74u, turn on power and grab Wire

-run to Town, put part down, buy Juggernog and Stamin-Up

-knife zombies for a few rounds to earn points back

-run to Bus Stop, buy Quick Revive, run to tunnel and get the Jet then run to Diner go in Mystery Box (if there)

-take shortcut to Town, put Jet down and train for a few rounds

-run to Nacht Der Untoten, grab Brake Handle, run to Town, put it down and pick up Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23

-train until game ends

Other things

-put points in Bank until I have 5000 (for when I go down) at the end of the round (this is when other people are at Town as well)

-if I don't have money in the bank I would follow the Bus, use box and eventually get to Town

-sometimes buy Double Tap at farm if I have HAMR, LSAT or RPD

-train is running from Juggernog building to Stamin-Up building and repeating

-Ray Gun helps a lot

-making sure you have no ammo in your gun and that you've just killed a denzien is best for jumping over the lava pit at Town

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very beginning of my starting strat is similar to yours, except I buy Stamina-Up and Juggernog as soon as I get to Town, instead of waiting until after power. Then I run past the cabin (sometimes getting Bowie Knife, depending on my mood or if I know I won't be able to get Galvinknuckles) and go turn on power. From there I run backwards through the map, grabbing Double-Tap, Galvinknuckles (if I was lucky enough to grab the part, or miraculously some randomer uses the part on the Diner roof hatch), the Zombie Shield, the MP5, and Quick Revive. After that I pretty much loop at Diner with the MP5 most of the game, or mess about in the fog, depending on where other players are.

I don't get why you would only sometimes get Double-Tap, it's like the 2nd best perk on the map! Double damage for almost any of your weapons, why wouldn't you want that?!

I also don't get why people loop at Town on Tranzit; there are no wall weapons there. Seems odd to rely completely on weapons that you could be unlucky enough to have no ammo for due to a drought of Max Ammos, but hey ho.

Like you, I will put points into the Bank every so often, while keeping a buffer in case of an "Oh Shit" situation.

The very beginning of my starting strat is similar to yours, except I buy Stamina-Up and Juggernog as soon as I get to Town, instead of waiting until after power. Then I run past the cabin (sometimes getting Bowie Knife, depending on my mood or if I know I won't be able to get Galvinknuckles) and go turn on power. From there I run backwards through the map, grabbing Double-Tap, Galvinknuckles (if I was lucky enough to grab the part, or miraculously some randomer uses the part on the Diner roof hatch), the Zombie Shield, the MP5, and Quick Revive. After that I pretty much loop at Diner with the MP5 most of the game, or mess about in the fog, depending on where other players are.

I don't get why you would only sometimes get Double-Tap, it's like the 2nd best perk on the map! Double damage for almost any of your weapons, why wouldn't you want that?!

I also don't get why people loop at Town on Tranzit; there are no wall weapons there. Seems odd to rely completely on weapons that you could be unlucky enough to have no ammo for due to a drought of Max Ammos, but hey ho.

Like you, I will put points into the Bank every so often, while keeping a buffer in case of an "Oh Shit" situation.

As a town trainer, I can say I have yet to run out of ammo in the town.

Solo

I start by training in the bus depot...yes, you can do it in that little room. I use a lot of ammo and build around 2500 Pts. I save 1 in the window. I buy quick revive and build my turbine. Then, it's off to the bank to pull out 20,000. I buy jug and check for the hatch (if it wasn't in the depot). Then, it's off to power.

Power on, I run to farm for double tap, then diner where I buy speed cola, gaviknuckles, and burn what's left (1...maybe 2 hits) on the box. I run the diner with gaviknuckles and use what I get to buy the box. Usually keep hitting (even if it moves) until I get good ole ray gun and a point gun (galil, any LMG...occasionally another mg), then it's off to town.

Depending on my mood, claymores my be in the picture. I run trains in town by the jug building, making sure I have the whole swarm in line before shooting, rince and repeat.

Depending on my ammo situation and gunsel, eventually somewhere around 30-35ish I will save a few zombies, open PaP, and PaP my point gun and ray gun.

If I'm not at full bank, I'll drop points on the bank until it gets full at the end of every round. I usually have my money made back by the time round 12 roles around...often sooner depending on box luck.

Filled my bank in one game of this...started around 40 grand (before initial pull-out of funds).

Multi-player

Here I usually go with the consensus opening strategy. Ideally, I follow much of the same plan though tombstone replaces quick revive. I camp and train somewhere near the weakest link in the game. Then I'm there when he dies a lot. I. Are claymores a must as they'll wipe a whole map-full of zombies if I need them to.

I usually will one pull enough for jug and tombstone, with a few box hits. I don't usually trust randoms when pulling 20-30 grand. Often they start acting like long lost relatives and asking for handouts.

Once I have about everything I can carry and an emergency fund, I'll randomly use in-between round times to punch money and call a free-for-all...I laugh at people scrambling for the cash. Depending on how much of assholes they are depends on whether I kill last zombie while the winner is depositing...

I'm working on a massive Tranzit solo guide that will be up tonight, but here's what I do. I'll try to be as concise as possible.

Knife all the zombies and save one. Buy an M14 and teleport to the town. Wait there a couple rounds until you have enough for Jug (I play on local, so I don't use the bank). Buy Jug, turn on the power...

Shit, I can tell I'm going to go off on a really long post describing my strategy for solo Tranzit. Just get perks, knuckles, Ray, Sallys, Jet Gun, and train by Farm.

THERE. THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY FOR NOW.

• Administrators

Strategies are all over the place for Green Run. I love it.

Personally, I enjoy running a train at Diner with my upgraded DSR, unlimited Zombie Shield, and regular MP5. While everyone enjoys running the Mystery Box dry and leaving the Diner, you'll find me there (usually the last one alive) running circles and smashing through a whole crowd with one shield.

Unlimited money, my friends. Unlimited money maker.

Indon't get why you would only sometimes get Double-Tap, it's like the 2nd best perk on the map! Double damage for almost any of your weapons, why wouldn't you want that?!

Double Tap is ok cause it splits your bullets in half, but it does increase your rate of fire which isn't good sometimes.

At Town I have the Jet Gun so I don't need ammo but if I decide I do I just buy the B23R from the Bus and go around with it.

And you do get power ups from zombies killed with the Jet Gun.

[*:3cu347pi]Stay at bus till 2-5, buy M14 for support and Quick Revive (solo only) (possible hatch spawn 1)
    [*:3cu347pi]Use bus to diner (possible hatch spawn 2)
    [*:3cu347pi]if hatch found
      [*:3cu347pi]stay diner, get points, get knuckles

[*:3cu347pi]Kill many zombies and use box in the meanwhile
    [*:3cu347pi]Use bus across lava, then use shortcut to diner
    [*:3cu347pi]Buy Jug
    [*:3cu347pi]Go power, get AK in case no good bullet gun available and activate power, then continue with (v)

[*:3cu347pi]if hatch not found

[*:3cu347pi]directly continue with bus across lava, use shortcut to town (hatch location 3)
    [*:3cu347pi]buy Jug
    [*:3cu347pi]go power, buy AK, activate power
    [*:3cu347pi]If hatch was in town teleport to diner, if not walk to farm (location 4), then to diner

[*:3cu347pi]While always killing everything on sight, teleport to:

[*:3cu347pi]Desired perk locations
    [*:3cu347pi]Box location for new guns
    [*:3cu347pi]Get fresh turbine from Bus Depot
    [*:3cu347pi]Jet Gun part locations in case i wanna build it