Ranking system?

xiques

Has anyone figured out how this ranking system works yet? I only ask this because in a match i jumped from the skull with a knife w/blue eyes with 5 hash marks to the skull with 2 shotguns w/blue eyes and 5 hash marks. The match that was played went to round 18, i had 512 kills, 1 revive, 3 headshots, and 1 down. In total i have 5883 kills, 47 revives, 3403 headshots, and 37 downs.

The weird part about this is one of the guys i was playing with on that round had 314 kills, 4 revives, 69 headshots, and 1 down. But on the leader boards he has 29049 kills, 300 revives, 7156 headshots, and 421 downs. He only has the skull w/blue eyes and 5 hash marks.

Can someone use this information to figure out a new theory on how the ranking system works. I've read many that say you need 30k, 40k, or 50k kills to acquire the skull with shotguns. If anyone needs more information about my stats or his, let me know.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I might have answered my own question here.. before the match I figured my k/d to be at 149.19 and after it was at 159 k/d. My friends is at 69 k/d. So my theory is that after 100 k/d you get the skull with knife, and after 150k/d you receive the skull with the 2 shotguns. The hash marks in my opinion are consistency of playing time. Once you have received the 5th hash mark is when the blue eyes appear.

didnt want to start a new thread...so im puttin this here...

my question is: if zombie rank emblems are dependent on kills vs downs...if you want to rank up quicker...then dont buy Quick Revive AT ALL? cuz buying quick revive doubles your 'downs' in each game...cutting your ratio each time.

am i crazy or is this the key to ranking up?

didnt want to start a new thread...so im puttin this here...

my question is: if zombie rank emblems are dependent on kills vs downs...if you want to rank up quicker...then dont buy Quick Revive AT ALL? cuz buying quick revive doubles your 'downs' in each game...cutting your ratio each time.

am i crazy or is this the key to ranking up?

I believe that if it is dependent on kills vs down, not buying quick revive in a game will reduce the # of downs in that single match. But if you buy quick revive and stay alive and keep slaying the zombies then it really shouldn't matter. Only because if you stop and play the next game you will get downed as well and possibly at a lower level meaning you might lose the ratio.

I believe that many people who should have a higher ranking don't because at the beginning when we learned about the "perma quick revive" we would let ourselves get downed countless number of times to let the others in the group earn it. But what it did was give 12+ downs to the players who were just trying to help their teammates out.

I think I'm the only one here that thinks the ranking system is not based upon Kill / Downs ratio.

Taking OP's stats, he has say 1/6 (rough estimate) of the amount of kills that his friend that he played with has. He has about 1/11 of the amount of downs his friend has. If it were a kill to down ratio, your much farther ahead than your buddy.

I truly want to focus on the amount of downs. You both had one down that match, but overall, you have way less downs than him. I think that the ranking system is based up the Round + Teammates Skill / Downs ratio. The other day I played a game with two friends (both on double bone, like I was at the time) and I had an absolute ripper of a game. I had less kills than both of them, but I had only 2 downs compared to 8 and 13, which both of them got. I had about 12 revives. Once we lost, they hadn't ranked up at all but I went from the double bones to the Skull with Blue Eyes. I haven't played nearly as well since, and I haven't ranked up at all.

I think the ranking system might also be based on the amount of good samaritan-like stuff that you do, like opening doors and reviving others.

I'm not sure, but this is my true theory. I doubt you all think alike, but worth a shot :)

Ok so im still trying to figure this out...and help me if im wrong..

If i just play it safe and never buy quick revive again...

And make sure i have atleast more than 100 kills per match (approx round 8) ...

Then i should rank up faster.

Also...to add to this..it seems like Tranzit solo would be the best way. Buy all perks but quick revive and use the zombie shield on your back running around at the Diner.

Edit: i just read your post Armageddon...if what you say is true...there would be no way to rank up solo. I'm still confused.

Ok so im still trying to figure this out...and help me if im wrong..

If i just play it safe and never buy quick revive again...

And make sure i have atleast more than 100 kills per match (approx round 8) ...

Then i should rank up faster.

Also...to add to this..it seems like Tranzit solo would be the best way. Buy all perks but quick revive and use the zombie shield on your back running around at the Diner.

Edit: i just read your post Armageddon...if what you say is true...there would be no way to rank up solo. I'm still confused.

I don't think you can rank up in solo.

Though i am just basing on it being way to easy and Treyarch knowing this. Though i guess someone could test it.

im already at 82. If this theory is correct, every 400 kills you get without going down will bring you up one point.

If i get to 100, and my emblem changes, then i believe this is it. I'm going to play ONLY solo until i get 100 and let you guys know if its possible to rank up in solo.

I've often wondered if Treyarch would implement something to reward players that dont pussy out and buy quick revive right away...its the first perk. Hmmm... But yeah, if quick revive is the key, Im never buying it again. As for playing with people online, if your teammate revives you, he's cutting your ratio in half

Not sure if anyone cares, but i'm still working on this. If i rank up only playing solo...then i will let you all know. I'm at 89 right now. Went up 10 points in one day.

The only thing thats bugging me is that its been stated that people think that its 100 for the knife and 150 for the shotguns in your emblem...i'd think that since it was probably 50 to get the skull...it seems like the shotguns should be atleast 200.

That seems far too easy to me, I still believe it's more than just a k/d ratio. I've seen terrible players have a skull rank or higher, so I don't think getting a large amount of kills over downs is the deciding factor here. I'm pretty sure part of it is actively playing all 3 game modes and doing both solo and co-op. I have a few ideas on some other things as well that could factor into it as well.

I'm still trying to figure this out myself, and do believe it has something to do with your K/D and games played.

So just to help the thought process along and help us figure this out,

My stats:

Skull and knife w/ eyes

5 slashes

Kills-15043

Downs-189

K/D-79

Revives-174

Deaths-126

I got my skull and knife at about 70 K/D 2 days ago and just got my 5th slash and eyes today after a 900+ kill and 1 down solo game.