BO1 Zombies worth it?

Sluggo

Hey guys, I just got into zombies since BO2 zombies. I used to play it, but I never really got into it or understood what was happening much. You think it would be worth it to buy the DLC for BO1 to play, especially if I never have before? Just wondering if the maps are really amazing or not. ;)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Asolutement.

I still love BO1 over any game, strongly recommend it.

Kino and Five are included with the game, with Five being my all time favorite. Although it is more challenging than others.

The only map pack I recommend is Moon. It is a solid map but come with full of extras, including NML and four original maps. NML is arguably the best challenge in the zombies, and a great mini game to shake off funks. Der Riese and Verrukt are very fun maps for classic enthusiasts.

Other map packs are ok, but not necessary.

The only downside to BO1 at this point? Not many solid players to play with. You are left with little kids that need help or high round glitchers.

Good luck.

Definitely worth it.

Our opinions may vary, so try them for yourself.

Kino: ok, sort of bland. Has thundergun. Too easy.

"Five": harder, more like a waw survival map. Great map, tough. Winter's grasp (freeze ray).

Call of the dead: weird. Annoying george, amusing famous characters. Slow start up, but super easy in the long run. 3 wonder guns! Scavenger is great, the vrill gun mostly sucks, bo wunderwaffe is okay, but worse than original.

Ascension: super freaking way too easy but fun. Thundergun.

Shangri-la: extremely easy map until the long game. Hard to get real far. Second best ww in bo babymaker.

Moon: annoying, glitchy. Hard start up, incredibly easy long game. Worst of bo. No man's land is fun. Interesting wondergun: 2 zap guns combine into 1 wave gun. Basically the most hated bo zombie map (i don't hate nor love it, yet I understand the universal hate for it).

Reprints;

Ndu: worse than original because of bo load style. Similar in all reprints; the waw originals are much much better by far, but if you have and love the waw ones, this is interesting to play as well. Thundergun included.

Verruckt (waw was zombie verruckt): the good is that the springfield was replaced by kar, otherwise harder to camp, easier to kite than original. Freeze ray is a stupid choice for ww on this map. At least on 5 it worked in an odd way: slowing zombies so thy gravitated to the center of the warroom.

Shi no numa: way harder than waw version, which is good given how easy snn is on waw (easiest map of all by far). Crappy wunderwaffe instead of original ww.

Der riese: really bad compared to original, yet a fun alternative. Thundergun? I think...

Be warned, bo is considered the worst cod since 3 by players, buy it for the very glitchy zombies, avoid the mp...