The Storm?

Agent 6712

what do you guys think about the storm?

All the characters talk about the storm as being ominous and not natural. The way they talk about it is kind of creepy, I'm wondering if anyone has any theories on what the significance of the storm may be. It seems like the storm is going to turn into something even worse and the characters know it. It also seems it will have some kind of effect on the next map we get. Any ideas?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The storm as in the lightning storm? That's due to the Avogadro's release. When you turn on the power a blue electric guy is being released from the capsule. He then ascends into the sky where the lightning storms begin happening. At the end of every round when the sky is completed filled with lightning is when he spawns and attacks you.

Well I guess we could brainstorm the reason why and how the Avogadro was trapped in the power capsule in the first place. Obviously he is the HAARP Facility's main source of power, but how did they create/catch 'him'? And if Treyarch is referring to the Avogadro as 'him', then is a character we have seen/met in the past? Possibly the failed Mexican test subject? Once again I'm just brainstorming here, all of my theories could hold no water to the actual story line.

• Administrators

"I know there is a Devil, for I see a storm coming and his hand is in it!" - John F. Kennedy

JFK says that on FIVE, replace the word Devil with God and you've got an excerpt of a speech by him. Doubt it's the same storm, but I figured I'd post it.

To understand the reason why the lightning is occuring so frequently, we must first examine how lightning is formed.

While it still remains somewhat a mystery as to the specifics, the common believe is that lightning is formed because there are a difference of electrical charges in the clouds. Clouds can produce positive and negative charges, as well as Earth's surface, which produces a positive charge. When a difference of charges is met and the air resistance is overcome, a circuit is completed, and lightning is the result.

There are two common types of lighning: cloud-to-ground and cloud-to-cloud. Cloud-to-ground is the type we see that strikes the ground and is the rarer of the two. Cloud-to-cloud lightning is the more typical version seen, and is the lightning seen high up in the clouds. Cloud-to-cloud lightning is the type we see while playing in Green Run (hence why we so no rain during Green Run as well).

So now that we have an idea of how lightning is formed, let's think back to the Tower of Babble EE. During the egg, Richtofen has us build what is basically a makeshift HAARP tower. Richtofen uses the radio tower to send signals, or 115 energy, into the ionosphere, the upper part of our atmosphere. What the 115 is doing from there is still unclear, but there are a couple of possibilties in the works. In the picture below, the energy from the tower can be seen coming from the base of the tower, runs up the height of the tower, and then continues up into the sky.

Richtofen is sending electrical energy into the sky, clouds and atmosphere. Now back to the lightning. Remember that lightning occurs because of a difference in electrical charges between clouds, and that is exactly what is happening here. Richtofen's sending of energy into the atmosphere caused a significant change in electrical charges, causing an excessive and continuous amount of lightning that we see at the end of the Easter Egg.

Iozxja_yA_g

Or who knows, maybe The Weather Channel was just forecasting thunderstorms that day. :lol: